Dormant Members

Chaimai

I noticed when looking at the list of member's birthdays that I only recognise one or two at the most each day.

The obvious conclusion (apart from the fact that I don't come into contact with most members) is that there are hundreds, or thousands, of dormant or non-active members.

What constitutes 'active' and are members deleted/removed after a given period of inactivity.

i've never been able to find a "delete account" feature and haven't seen any literature about removal of non used accounts...maybe the owners of this site need to keep a high membership base figure to sweeten the advertisers. it certainly would be interesting seeing the active vs non-active account stats :o

It is possible to refine the membership list to feature only "members" and not "advanced members".

This list has about 6,700 names, but appears to be somewhat inaccurate.

Also the number of banned niks is approaching 5,000.

Deletion of an established account would enable anybody to establish a new account in the same name. Which would not be advisable.

I do not know about advertising, but I bet they use something other than registered members to base the ad rates. Something like photons per nanosecond, or grozniks per maltsy.

Deletion of an established account would enable anybody to establish a new account in the same name. Which would not be advisable.

I do not know about advertising, but I bet they use something other than registered members to base the ad rates. Something like photons per nanosecond, or grozniks per maltsy.

:o what the?

Single Maltsies, I hope! :o

• 2 months later...
It is possible to refine the membership list to feature only "members" and not "advanced members".

This list has about 6,700 names, but appears to be somewhat inaccurate.

Also the number of banned niks is approaching 5,000.

So actually TV has about 1700 active members?Maybe they should add some more moderators and rules.

Edited by basjke