Any Issues For Thai National Visiting Singapore?

Hello. My Thai bf is going to meet me in Singapore next week. We will be staying with friends of mine for a few days, then returning to Thailand (I'm coming from the US). This is my bf's first time flying and first time out of the country. I will be waiting at the Changi Airport (Singapore) when he arrives, but he will have to go through immigration by himself. My question is: Does anyone foresee any issues for him? He will have a return ticket and his passport (which is brand new, by the way). He will have the address to the place we're staying and he knows that we're staying three days. He may not have any money with him, as his last paycheck went entirely to rent and motorcycle payment. Will that be a problem?

I want to walk him through the entire process so he feels confident (and I want to feel confident for him).

I would also appreciate hearing success stories.

Thanks!

Should be fine but make sure he carriers his return ticket with him as proof that it is booked, he will probably be asked for this when he checks in!

Apart from that he will need to fill out the immergration card but should be able to get someone help him with that if he cannot do that himself.

He will either get 14 or 30 days, depends on the officer stamping the passport when he arrives.

I don't see any reason to worry about this.

Hello. My Thai bf is going to meet me in Singapore next week. We will be staying with friends of mine for a few days, then returning to Thailand (I'm coming from the US). This is my bf's first time flying and first time out of the country. I will be waiting at the Changi Airport (Singapore) when he arrives, but he will have to go through immigration by himself. My question is: Does anyone foresee any issues for him? He will have a return ticket and his passport (which is brand new, by the way). He will have the address to the place we're staying and he knows that we're staying three days. He may not have any money with him, as his last paycheck went entirely to rent and motorcycle payment. Will that be a problem?

I want to walk him through the entire process so he feels confident (and I want to feel confident for him).

I would also appreciate hearing success stories.

Thanks!

See the link below:

www. ica. gov. sp (remove the spaces)

"The granting of visit passes to visitors is determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) officers at the point of entry. Visitors must satisfy the following basic entry requirements before they can be considered for entry into Singapore:

• A passport with at least 6 months validity
  • Valid Singapore visa, if applicable (refer to the visa requirements page for more information)
  • Sufficient funds to last for the intended period of stay in Singapore
  • Confirmed onward/return tickets (where applicable)
  • Entry facilities to their onward destinations, e.g. visas.
  • Completed disembarkation/embarkation card
  • Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate, if applicable"

If he has no money, he can be denied entry.

My wife (Thai) has visited me many times when I have been working in Singapore.

Only one time she was asked to demonstrate that she had enough funds for her stay (3 weeks). She had her bank book and ATM card with her, so it was OK.

I think if she had not been able to show enough funds, there may have been a problem, so you would be taking a chance.

It would certainly be better if he has a mobile phone and your number so you can help if there is any problem.

I think there is a "meet and greet" service at Changi (look for the desk in the hall), not too expensive. Someone would meet him at the aircraft door and walk him through customs and bag claim.

Good luck,

J.