Warning - Chiang Mai Police

wjmark

You lose the bike also if you have an invoice, but for some reason cannot register your motorcycle. All motorcycles without plates are confiscated and invoice bikes you can get back with registering documents.

Bangkok Metropolitan is also scheduling a similar action at the end of this month, beginning of next month. So if you come to the 30th Bangkok Motorshow... be sure that your paperwork is 100% correct..

Edited by Richard-BKK

It always makes me laugh when people who ride illegal bikes are up in arms when the BIB confiscate them. They seem to think that they as farang have a god given right to ride an unregistered bike. Get real people! Try riding a bike back home with no number plates , tax or insurance and see how far you get. Either buy a bike with a book or pay the cash to get a book. SIMPLE!!!!! :o

the issue isnt breaking the law for me....it's more that it can take up to 6 or 8 months to get your plates in place. on 1 hand you get busted for not having plates while on the other you can't get your dam_n plates? sure there are cases of green books and plates being issued quickly but I also know people who have waited over 12 months.

it's like being busted for littering on sukhumvit yet there isn't a public trash can to be found

oh well, this is how it works here i suppose

the issue isnt breaking the law for me....it's more that it can take up to 6 or 8 months to get your plates in place. on 1 hand you get busted for not having plates while on the other you can't get your dam_n plates? sure there are cases of green books and plates being issued quickly but I also know people who have waited over 12 months.

it's like being busted for littering on sukhumvit yet there isn't a public trash can to be found

oh well, this is how it works here i suppose

Anthony is right.

To get mine done in three weeks flat took a bribe of 3000 baht.