Uk Visitors Visa For My Girlfriend

Hi everyone i need some advice regarding my girlfriend applying for a visitors visa to visit me in the UK. She is currently at university and ideally she will be coming to visit me in 3 months after she finishes her work experience at the the airport, i am not sure she will qualify for a visa as she will not have a job as she will have just finished university and i have read that having a job to come back to is one of the requirements for a visa. We will have known each other for 8 months when she plans to visit me and i have not been to Thailand to meet her, i will be sponsering her visit to the UK. What are the chances of her being granted a visitors visa?

Many thanks in advance for any advice given

best regards

Stu

On what you have outlined I don't think she will have much of a chance in having her application for a visa approved.

You say that you have known her for eight months, you will need to prove evidence of your continuing relationship, telephone calls, emails and the like and evidence that you have spent time together, you say you have not been to Thailand to meet her, so that might be difficult.

You are right that the most important thing is to prove that she is likely to return after her trip and yes proof of a job or continuing would help, one would hope that the ECO's live in the real world and would be aware that jobs are in short supply, but they are more likely to think that she will be looking to stay in the UK. Evidence of property would also help, but probably unrealistic.

I think she will have an uphill struggle, but she is not alone in that.

Hi everyone i need some advice regarding my girlfriend applying for a visitors visa to visit me in the UK. She is currently at university and ideally she will be coming to visit me in 3 months after she finishes her work experience at the the airport, i am not sure she will qualify for a visa as she will not have a job as she will have just finished university and i have read that having a job to come back to is one of the requirements for a visa. We will have known each other for 8 months when she plans to visit me and i have not been to Thailand to meet her, i will be sponsering her visit to the UK. What are the chances of her being granted a visitors visa?

best regards

Stu

Unfortunately I dont think meeting in cyberspace will count mate,,,,, I would suggest realisticaly for her to come to the UK you should at least go to Thai once,,,, I know the travelling is a pain ( I done it myself 11 times ) but I am afraid it will be the only way,,,,,,tip take plenty of pics together and with her family when you do,, also if you could get some of your family members to send her some welcoming letters that she can present later

Good luck mate to you both ,its a long road ahead

Has she any ties to her host country such as a house/land etc.

Unfortunatly she has no propery ties as she rents and does not own and her only family ties are her 2 brothers becuse both parents have died.

best regards

Stu

Unfortunately I dont think meeting in cyberspace will count mate,,,,, I would suggest realisticaly for her to come to the UK you should at least go to Thai once,,,, I know the travelling is a pain ( I done it myself 11 times ) but I am afraid it will be the only way,,,,,,tip take plenty of pics together and with her family when you do,, also if you could get some of your family members to send her some welcoming letters that she can present later

Good luck mate to you both ,its a long road ahead

The plan was for me to visit her in Thailand first but i cannot visit for a while due to work commitments so we agreed for her to visit me but as you all point out there is probably not enough evidence that she is going to return to Thailand. This is going to be very difficult :o

Thanks for all the responses

Stu

She would have to declare any refusals in any future application so it would be taken into consideration, but it is not unusual for an applicant who has been refused to address the issues raised in the notice of refusal, and then be granted a visa.

Your girlfriend needs to have a good case before she applies, and with what you have said so far, I would respectfully suggest she hasn't, a lot of applicants have had far stronger cases and have had their visa applications refused.

She would have to declare any refusals in any future application so it would be taken into consideration, but it is not unusual for an applicant who has been refused to address the issues raised in the notice of refusal, and then be granted a visa.

Your girlfriend needs to have a good case before she applies, and with what you have said so far, I would respectfully suggest she hasn't, a lot of applicants have had far stronger cases and have had their visa applications refused.

thanks for the relpy, i agree she has very little chance of making Visa

Stu