"farang" Minimum Wages

Can anyone please advise where I can find the official/legal Thai guidelines for minimum wages for foreigners resident in Thailand.

I understand these depend on marital and living status so:

Have been moving with previous jobs (all with WP) around LOS since 2005, am under 50, have a Forces pension, not married (yet)

and we have a young child (also registered birth in UK).

Thanks in anticipation

Can anyone please advise where I can find the official/legal Thai guidelines for minimum wages for foreigners resident in Thailand.

Have been moving with previous jobs (all with WP) around LOS since 2005, am under 50, have a Forces pension, not married (yet)

Thanks in anticipation

The minimum wages for foreigners are the same as for Thais, depending on province but around 200 baht a day.

The minimum income requirement you are refering to are probably the minimum income requirements from immigration for extending you permission to stay based on employment. For a UK-national the requirement is 50,000 a month. With the understanding that there is no minimum requirement for teachers and memebrs of the media.

If you are married to a Thai national you can go for an extension of stay based on marriage. Then you must eiher show an income of 40,000 a month OR 400,000 in a Thai bank account in your name for 2 months prior to extending.

Thanks in anticipation

The minimum wages for foreigners are the same as for Thais, depending on province but around 200 baht a day.

The minimum income requirement you are refering to are probably the minimum income requirements from immigration for extending you permission to stay based on employment. For a UK-national the requirement is 50,000 a month. With the understanding that there is no minimum requirement for teachers and memebrs of the media.

If you are married to a Thai national you can go for an extension of stay based on marriage. Then you must eiher show an income of 40,000 a month OR 400,000 in a Thai bank account in your name for 2 months prior to extending.

Do they also accept an account under my name and under the name of the wife?

According to my lawyer, the minimum wage for employing foreigners is 30,000 baht a month, or at least as samuibeachcomber says, tax has to be paid as if you were paying them 30,000 a month.

Your lawyer will not be able to find any such requirement in the labour rules. He will only find a requirement for a minimum income under the immigration rules. meaning you can get a WP on 10,000 a month, but not an extension of stay based on work from immigration. So with a 10,000 a month paying job you would need a stay on a (multiple) non-B in Thailand, without the possibility of getting an extension. But you do get a work permit.