Scotland-bangkok Return Flight

game4shame

I booked up yesterday with air France from Edinburgh (via CDG) for £420 for the end of April for 3 weeks.

that is good.

I've flown with air france before - can't fault the flights, times, food etc but the staff are generally rude and they don't provide flexible tickets. no date changes and no refunds.

emirates has both date changes (£75) & refunds (-£100).

emirates, AF, KLM & china are all decent options from scotland as they avoid LHR.

I was going to book with emirates as they are a great airline but was put of with some of the horror stories about people getting 4 years in jail (Dubai) for having pain killers in there baggage (I have a bad back and need my pain killers) I know there will be a lot more to the stories but I did not want to take the chance, I could have just got a line from my doctor explaining what the pills are for, or am i just getting paranoid lol. hope you have a good trip game4shame

I think you're maybe a little paranoid about the painkillers mate. :o better safe than sorry though, I suppose.

I've heard conflicting stories re emirates so thought I'd try them out to get my own idea. fancied a little stop in dubai too, if only for a few hours.

hope you have a good trip game4shame

cheers. same to yourself. :D

You could have had the flight for £446-£447, if you were pepared to wait 7-8 hours in Dubai.

I use Emirates all the time flying 5 times a year gold card member with them, approximately one free flight a year with the miles earned.

I also fly from ABZ, but use BHX to Dubai instead of the three hour train journey to Glasgow. Can normally book Flybe ABZ to BHX for about £50.00 return.

Might change my UK depature point to MAN, as they have a dedicated lounge opening there on the first June this year.

Have managed to get free upgrades to business from Dubai to Bangkok or reverse on my last 3 trips.

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

You could have had the flight for £446-£447, if you were pepared to wait 7-8 hours in Dubai.

446-447? from glasgow? how you work that one out?

480 (approx) total was the cheapest I got from both emirates site & netflights.com. netflights are always one of the best priced. dates were 18/06-14/07.

I also fly from ABZ, but use BHX to Dubai instead of the three hour train journey to Glasgow. Can normally book Flybe ABZ to BHX for about £50.00 return.

if I'm doing long hauls I always book 1 through ticket - can't guarantee that the flybe flight wont be delayed or cancelled. if it is = :o . :D

plus, by the time you've drove to ABZ, checked in and got a flight I doubt you'd save that much time as opposed to a train to GLA.

I've always flown ABZ-BKK via LHR, CDG or AMS so this will be the first time leaving from GLA. not really fussed about the train or bus journey as the price for the flight is approx £250 cheaper than same time last year ABZ-BKK.

game4shame "wrote"

446-447? from Glasgow? how you work that one out?

I thought that the special offer that is on applied to all UK departure points, but I see Glasgow is as you say £480 or so.

For myself the flight to BHX suits me better as I can park for free close to the airport in ABZ on one of the work premises. I also avoid LHR if at all possible these days.

Yes the price of flights is coming down thankfully, all we need now is for the pound to recover some of its value ??

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

• 4 weeks later...

emirates seem to have dropped their prices again for certain periods.

the flight I booked 18/06-14/07 GLA-BKK for £480 is now only £430 on their website. even less via netflights.com (£422 approx).

can't believe these prices - they'll be paying us to fly soon.