Iphone Mini My Review On This Fake Product

livinthailandos

I have had the chance to play with this thanks in part to my wife's brother buying one for his daughter from MBK. I must admit if more than anything I was more interested in just seeing how it was made. My results so far

Iphone mini one I am currently playing with

Touch motion sensors. Grade B+ ( much better than samsung's omnia )

Storage size ( 1 GB total ) computer shows actually 970 mb's free though.

Main menu very similiar to Iphone

Phone supports 2 sim cards ( thats right 2 sim cards )

Plugging in this phone to computer will actually charge the phone

Weight: 50 % less than a 8GB Iphone

Size 25 % smaller

Call quality good, music sound quality good

This phone actual comes up when you put it in the computer as a flash drive

Tried on windows xp as flash drive worked fine. Tried on mac os x. Mac would freeze up when trying to open a foler in it. Comes up as a ms dos fat 16. Am aware of Fat 16.

copy music from computer to flash drives folder my music, music comes up in mini iphone mp3 area no problem

Mini iphone includes camera, quality of camera was ok

Phone menu includes:

Call history ( call history, General Call Settings )

Settings ( Dual SIM Setting, Pen Calibration, Phone Setup, Security Setup, Sound Effect

Multimedia ( camera, video recorder, Video player, Sound Recorder )

Service ( WAP, Data Account)

File Manager ( shows amount of MB you have left )

Games

Profiles ( General, Meeting, Silent etc )

Organizer ( E-book reader, Calendar, Alarm, Calculator, Stop Watch, World Clock, Unit Converter )

FM Radio

Photos

Contact Book

Message ( sms, mms, chat, etc )

Call

MP3 ( playing music )

I know this is a copy, but trying it out. was fun, would not use though for any kind of actual phone. Price under 4,000 baht. Later on will post my pics of this phone.

Better than the original Omnia or the fake Omnia?

Have any of you seen the fake Omnia? Its about the same price like 3,700 baht.

Is fake Omnia or fake iphone better?

Better than the original Omnia or the fake Omnia?

Have any of you seen the fake Omnia? Its about the same price like 3,700 baht.

Is fake Omnia or fake iphone better?

I don't know why people complain about the touch screen on the Omnia. Obviously it cannot compare to the Iphone, since they are different technologies, but I certainly have no trouble using it without a stylus. They must be using an old rom or not calibrating it properly.

I've got a real iPhone and love it, but I always keep a spare around in case it dies, and also for guests to use when they are visiting. Wouldn't mind having a go at this one at <4000 baht. Looking forward to your photos and where you bought it at MBK.

The place to get these (IMO) at the cheapest price (along with countles other phone varietys inc N95 is Laos on your next visa run. In the main shopping mall opposite the bus terminal Vientianne. The price difference is massive. The highest priced shop started at 3700 baht... I went to all the phone 'bars/shops in the mall. Comming back the next day I purchased two for 2250 baht each. Two little pink cute ones. One for my girlfriend and one for my young niece back home in Aus.

The phones there are desperately cheap if you dont mind haggling. I played with them both and think they are good phones.

I bought one of these today, and I like it. :o

I paid 3400b (included 2gb memory card) at a shop at MBK which i don't remember the name of, but was the only shop i ran into with friendly and helpful staff, directly across from the escalator going down in the middle of the 4th floor. It's a pretty good copy of the iPhone, as far as I can tell! (Make sure to shop around as some are much better than others). I have one minor grievance which is that no manual was provided, so I am having to feel out what does what. I have not yet looked to see if the one for the real iPhone can be applied to this one too (what about updates etc.? when I call to get my GPRS settings are they gonna know what an iPhone Mini is? it uses Nokia batteries so who knows what is actually inside!). I can not figure out things like how to get the keypad to lock automatically so it doesn't make calls from inside my bag when I am walking, or how to use the camera or internet, or how to switch from one sim to the other (can you make/receive calls from both at the same time?). I am also curious what sort of games etc. I could download to this, and where I would find them? Overall it is a cool little device... they even said it is 3G though I am a little skeptical about that...

Edited by girlx

i'm not really sure because i don't have a real iPhone to compare it to! but it is a touchscreen, and it has the same look...

Hi, For example can you zoom in and out on pictures by pinching your finger and thumb like on an original? Also has anyone tried putting a film on it to watch, also is it a good mp3 player and does it come with headphones? Sorry for so many questions but am very interested, will definitely be having a look. Has any one seen it in the other shopping malls in and around BKK?

David

Edited by davidkas

I bought one of these today, and I like it. :o

I paid 3400b (included 2gb memory card) at a shop at MBK which i don't remember the name of, but was the only shop i ran into with friendly and helpful staff, directly across from the escalator going down in the middle of the 4th floor. It's a pretty good copy of the iPhone, as far as I can tell! (Make sure to shop around as some are much better than others). I have one minor grievance which is that no manual was provided, so I am having to feel out what does what. I have not yet looked to see if the one for the real iPhone can be applied to this one too (what about updates etc.? when I call to get my GPRS settings are they gonna know what an iPhone Mini is? it uses Nokia batteries so who knows what is actually inside!). I can not figure out things like how to get the keypad to lock automatically so it doesn't make calls from inside my bag when I am walking, or how to use the camera or internet, or how to switch from one sim to the other (can you make/receive calls from both at the same time?). I am also curious what sort of games etc. I could download to this, and where I would find them? Overall it is a cool little device... they even said it is 3G though I am a little skeptical about that...

ha!

sounds like you're struggling with it there

let me know if you can figure out the 2 sim card thingy and i'll probably get one myself if it works

I have seen them at Siam Paragon at Jay Market. It is called 'jphone Paris'. Selling for under 7000 Baht. I don't know if it s the same. They let me play with it. It even has TV reception. Wonder if it is the same as iPhone Mini?

Helmut

For example can you zoom in and out on pictures by pinching your finger and thumb like on an original? Also has anyone tried putting a film on it to watch, also is it a good mp3 player and does it come with headphones?

nope it doesn't have the same cool functionality with zooming as the iPhone. the mp3 player is ok and it did come with headphones. the more i use it the less i like it, to be honest. the camera is black and white only (2 megapixels). the navigation menus are a pain in the a**. you can't change alarm tones to a tone of your choice. haven't tried using the internet yet. overall you get what you pay for. it looks cool and is a decent phone for basic functions, but it isn't the iPhone.

I got a fake iphone mini in MBK for 2,700 baht last Friday. Starting price was 3,500 baht before 20 minutes chatting & bargaining. It;s one of the 'M888a' phones. Does the job of a cheap phone fine, average camera, bluetooth, basic touch screen that works but cant pinch or zoom for example. Can play MP3s as good as a cheap brand name phone, likewise movie files. Can set MP3 to be alarm or ring tone. Mine has a 1Gb miniSD card. Two SIMs work fine too, just select the number you want to dial and then click the icon that corresponds to the SIM card you want to call from.

No proper instruction book, ( There is, but it is in Chinese) so you have to figure how things work on your own which can take some time and lots of random clicking an opening and closing of folders to try to turn Bluetooth on and then to find where the files went to and then to figure out how to move them into another folder so they could be used for wallpaper, ringtones etc But I found that the software was very similar to an old i-mobile phone I had in the way that the phone settings worked.

The phone itself doesn't say 'Iphone' on it anywhere just 'Mini' and whilst there is a logo of an apple, it is different to Apple's logo in that the apple has a small stalk connecting the leaf & apple. The real logo has an apple and a small leaf but no stalk.

But all in all a nice toy for the money and if it breaks after 6 months I dont really care, not as though I've spend 25,000 on a real iphone 3G

Edited by Changian

One wonders why this thread is left open, when a thread like this is closed..

Because it is not an illegal phone. Name, size, look, soft- and hardware are different from the iPhone.

I know if someone who was recently banned were still around, they'd say it was a conspiracy between Microsoft and TV, or at least a certain member of TV.

I am not that person and I believe there are no conspiracies at play here, simply selective enforcement of the rules.

Can one of you Iphone mini experts answer the following?

Can it sync contacts with windows?

Can it flip through photos like the iphone?

Can it play video relatively smoothly and not choppy like a windows mobile phone?

Thanks

One wonders why this thread is left open, when a thread like this is closed..

The mind boggles.. :o

I absolutely agree. Running MAC OS on a pc is "BAD" while indepth discussion of FAKE IPHONES is good???

Come ON!

I have no interest in fake products other than in passing , but running MAC os on a PC has got to be genuinely challenging. I compeletely fail to see how it is wrong. After all, Mac's are encouraged to run windows, surely not against the law to implement a licenced copy onto a PC.

If it is "illegal" then please explain why discussions of FAKE products is not?

I think you are all missing the point. It's not about what is illegal, it's about what is deemed to be against the rules on the TV forums.

There is no point in trying to understand why things are done a certain way as there is nothing to keep the admin/mods from bending the rules or flat out ignoring them whenever they decide to. It's his/their site, they can do what they want with it.