Jobs For Caucasian Male Models In Thailand?

Peter Phuket

Does anyone know if there is any demand for caucasian male models in Thailand?

I've been modelling in Canada off and on for several years and have an impressive portfolio, however, at 5ft 10, I'm definitely on the short side for this profession and consequently do not get as much work as I'd like.

Does anyone know if any Thai modelling agencies have the same height requirements as in the west and whether or not they would be interested in caucasian models?

Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is any demand for caucasian male models in Thailand?

I've been modelling in Canada off and on for several years and have an impressive portfolio, however, at 5ft 10, I'm definitely on the short side for this profession and consequently do not get as much work as I'd like.

Does anyone know if any Thai modelling agencies have the same height requirements as in the west and whether or not they would be interested in caucasian models?

Thanks.

I used to live in apartment block in bangkok with many caucasian models (male and female), and i had a couple of friends in London and Hong kong that used to model. There is a demand throughout asia for white models for catwalk and advertising. In the west, the height requirement is 6ft plus, but i would say that they are slightly more lenient here on height because the average height of asians is about 3/4 inches less, so at 5ft 10 you have a chance. However, In bangkok, the models didn't seem to be making that much money, and they were treating it as a working holiday, but there was one guy who i've seen regularly in magazines and once on tv, so is doing quite well. If you have the talent and want to make more serious cash, i would suggest Hong Kong as a better place to go. The problem in either place would be getting a work permit; i'm afraid i don't how you would go about getting one - maybe the frist port of call is the model agencies in bangkok or HK. Good luck !

Knew a few teachers who done some modelling work for TV, catalogues etc.

They were shorter than me and I'm 5' 10" too. Don't know about catwalk stuff though.

An old farang lady and her husband, both around 70 ish, used to get TV commercial work very often. They were in good demand because of their ages and mostly played aged tourists.

I was given the media agency's address but have since lost it. Somewhere out on Phattanakarn Rd.

Shouldn't have too much problem getting some work of some kind.

Good luck.

I have done a bit of modeling in my time, my model of the submarine spitfire is my favorite, I miss the days of missing parts, tacky fingers and waking up with my face glued to the pillow...its a s hit buisiness really tho, and airfix expect you to work for nothing using the lame excuse that it is a hobby not a job!

I have done a bit of modeling in my time, my model of the submarine spitfire is my favorite, I miss the days of missing parts, tacky fingers and waking up with my face glued to the pillow...its a s hit buisiness really tho, and airfix expect you to work for nothing using the lame excuse that it is a hobby not a job!

:o:D

That with the slaps i used to get for getting paint on the table.

(in a thick glaswegian accent)

model???

aye quasi model

boom boom :o

i would advise contacting some of the bigger agencies in your home town, try to find out as much as u can about the need/wages/permits etc of western models in south east asia

i dont imagine the earnings to be that great in south east asia....i imagine that global companies with a view to marketing in south east asia would be more inclined to use a "well established" booking agent in europe that has thousands of western faces on their books :D

i think a thai company that was trying to appeal to the thai market would use a thai face (bleached of course :D <deleted>?)

what modeling have u done?

have u managed to get runway work or is it mostly commercial modeling?

Edited by bkkbound04

Isn't this the same guy wo posted a few months back banging on about how he looked like Brad Pitt but still had to pay for sex.............?

Yep

but he was not brad pit

Having a face that looks a cross between Johnny Depp and Antonio Sebato Jnr, I highly doubt I fall into that category

and he has a banana :o

Thanks to the people who gave me helpful replies.

Once again, no thanks at all to the resident as#holes on the forum

And, no I never said I had to pay for sex and I never said I look like Brad Pitt. [some women have actually told me that I look *better* than Pitt!]

If you read that thread again, I made it clear that the girl I met in Phuket invited me to sleep with her. It was not the other way round! I bet you losers have never slept with a Thai woman without having to pay for it!

And, no I never said I had to pay for sex and I never said I look like Brad Pitt. [some women have actually told me that I look *better* than Pitt!]

If you read that thread again, I made it clear that the girl I met in Phuket invited me to sleep with her. It was not the other way round! I bet you losers have never slept with a Thai woman without having to pay for it!

Easy there big boy.

We also don't run around thinking were god's gift to women because we take some steroids and pump up our body :o

You sure don't have a sense of humour :D

Easy there big boy.

We also don't run around thinking were god's gift to women because we take some steroids and pump up our body :o

DK- Every lady calls him handsum man as he walks by- wonder if its because he's a model? :D

Easy there big boy.

DK- Every lady calls him handsum man as he walks by- wonder if its because he's a model? :D

He's as much as a model as the next guy with the beer belly , Britt :D lol

<deleted> armpit more like :D

If you read that thread again, I made it clear that the girl I met in Phuket invited me to sleep with her. It was not the other way round!

We believe you but we were wondering about the 2000bht taxi fare that she asked for????? :o

Oh, and for the record, I've never been inside a girly bar and never done steroids.

Nuff said!

I don't understand! What's wrong with being inside a girly bar anyways?

:o

Only thing that I can see is that I prefer being inside a girly somewhere outside a bar. :D

Edited by Gazza

I'm not devoid of a sense of humor and granted, there were some amusing replies. BUT, there are still a lot of insecure, jealous as#wipes on this forum!

your initial question and your subsequent postings do indeed confirm that the world of male modelling is a shallow and vapid place.

your perception that others are insecure and jealous merely highlights your own sexual insecurities and general low self esteem.

i really should not make sweeping generalisations about, or stereotype professions, but in your case i will definately make an exception.

I'm not devoid of a sense of humor and granted, there were some amusing replies. BUT, there are still a lot of insecure, jealous as#wipes on this forum!

your initial question and your subsequent postings do indeed confirm that the world of male modelling is a shallow and vapid place.

your perception that others are insecure and jealous merely highlights your own sexual insecurities and general low self esteem.

i really should not make sweeping generalisations about, or stereotype professions, but in your case i will definately make an exception.

:o:D:D . No sense of humour. Insecure. Asswipes? Ha,ha.