Want to start business in thailand

I have a couple ideas business that are web based would need a staff of 1 - 2 sales people in Thailand once my business was up and running.

I would like to move to Thailand ASAP, but before i give up my job and everything in the USA I'd like to be sure that my business ideas would actually work i.e. make me money. Technically I wouldn't have to live in Thailand just yet but my "business ventures" are related to Thailand.  So with out sounding to confusing I would like to know is there a legal way that i can be able to do business in Thailand and not live there.  My ideas require little capital (100,000 baht) to start. I know it's something like 1 million baht to start a Thai company but are there other options out there?  Oh and i do not have a Thai wife :cool:

Thanks in advance,  Any advice on this matter would be helpful.

I have a couple ideas business that are web based would need a staff of 1 - 2 sales people in Thailand once my business was up and running.

I would like to move to Thailand ASAP, but before i give up my job and everything in the USA I'd like to be sure that my business ideas would actually work i.e. make me money. Technically I wouldn't have to live in Thailand just yet but my "business ventures" are related to Thailand.  So with out sounding to confusing I would like to know is there a legal way that i can be able to do business in Thailand and not live there.  My ideas require little capital (100,000 baht) to start. I know it's something like 1 million baht to start a Thai company but are there other options out there?  Oh and i do not have a Thai wife :cool:

Thanks in advance,  Any advice on this matter would be helpful.

Don't waste your money on yet another stupid farang idea in the LOS. Buy the SET index with your 100,000 bath and watch it grows.

Or you could blow it on girls and beers

You can thank me later  :o

Dr. Pat Pong,

Thank you i shall do that now.

Butterfly,

There are those that have stupid ideas and fail, there are those that have stupid ideas and succeed then there are those that feel stupid for not following through with their idea that someone else is now getting rich from  :o

I'm interested in anything that can help me to make more money.  It seems to me that you are doing quite well with Thai stocks could you point me in the right direction for some information?

thank you.

All,

Thank you for those that emailed me but did not post. I still would like to know best route or any real life information on how others might have started this.  I don't need anyone else's business ideas I not just want to know the least expensive way to establish business in Thailand. Partnership, company, etc.

thanks again

Because you are here in the US give these folks a call they helped me with my visa. I worked with a nice lady named Michelle. She should be able to give you all information as far as the legal stuff.

TEXAS (Dallas)

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL

3232 MCKINNEY AVENUE, SUITE 1400

DALLAS, TX 75204-2429

Tel : (214) 740-1498

Fax : (214) 740-1499

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. W. Forrest Smith

Butterfly,

There are those that have stupid ideas and fail, there are those that have stupid ideas and succeed then there are those that feel stupid for not following through with their idea that someone else is now getting rich from  :o

I'm interested in anything that can help me to make more money.  It seems to me that you are doing quite well with Thai stocks could you point me in the right direction for some information?

thank you.

Agree but unfortunately there are more bad ideas than good ones.

Business conditions here are very difficult and I speak from first hand experience. Unless you have a few millions to blow, starting with a smalll budget is near impossible and is prone to failure. Better blow it on girls and drinks, at least you will have fun.

If you want to invest in the SET, buy an Index fund (a mutual fund that invest primarly in the SET index). Otherwise, the game here is too difficult for novice investors who can get burnt quickly by the local and farangs speculators.

@butterfly,

buy the SET investing 100kBaht? They guy wants to live in Thailand, he don't want to have a free meal every day.

Buy the SET: shortterm ok, but longterm I don't know.

regards!

exchange1973

sure. But 100K is a very small budget, even for Thailand. There is no way you can build a business with that little money. It's already difficult with a few millions, I can't see how it could succeed with so little. Unless you want to sell subs in the street.

randyksf,  thank you .

Butterfly,

OK yes I agree 100,000 baht  a small amount to start a business but that's just my initial estimate at what it would cost  say design site , promote site 1st month, etc.  I don't claim to know everything (that's why I'm posting on this board) but I've seen companies start out with millions of US$ and then go bankrupt and I've seen web based companies start off of $2000 - $10,000 and become profitable.  I can go on and on about my experiences and knowledge both good and bad but no need to.  I'm not asking on what i should do with my money or rather or not it's good to invest/start a business in Thailand. I've posted to get some answers.  I posted on this board because out of all the boards out there this seems like the best to go for my business questions. So let me try it again .

All,

What is the  least expensive  way for a person to start a business in Thailand?  This person will not reside in Thailand (web based business but will need thai sales staff) but wants to make sure everything is in order so when 6 months - 1 year from start of business (if successful) he can move to Thailand.  What would be the best option for this Limited partnership, forming a corporation, taking advantage of the USA amnesty Treaty?

Thank you in advance,

Think the best avenue you have is to form a " joint venture"  which would be an unregistered partnership where the other partner is a trusted Thai person or Thai corp, thereby allowing you to maintain joint accounts and share profits. More important hire Thai staff.

If it goes well you can worry about a limited company and work permit later before you move here. Please note the poster lives in the States so this is legal for him to work on a web site in the USA( granted I'm urmising "wish_i_was_there" is an American Citizen or has a green card)

Think the best avenue you have is to form a " joint venture"  which would be an unregistered partnership where the other partner is a trusted Thai person or Thai corp, thereby allowing you to maintain joint accounts and share profits. More important hire Thai staff.

If it goes well you can worry about a limited company and work permit later before you move here. Please note the poster lives in the States so this is legal for him to work on a web site in the USA( granted I'm urmising "wish_i_was_there" is an American Citizen or has a green card)