Teacher's License And Non-o Support Visa

I am married to a Thai citizen and have a Non-O Visa based upon support. I have been asked by a local government school to teach English Conversation next term. I am aware that I will need a WP. That is not a problem. I have both a Bachlor of Science and Masters of Environmental Health Sciences Degrees. However, I am concerned about obtaining a Temporary Teachers License, as I will have to extend my visa at Nan Immigration later this year. I understand that those teachers with a Non-B Visa based upon teaching are required to have a teachers license in order to extend their visas. My question is: Does a teacher with a Non-O Support Visa need a Temporary Teachers License to extend that visa at Nan Immigration?

I am married to a Thai citizen and have a Non-O Visa based upon support. I have been asked by a local government school to teach English Conversation next term. I am aware that I will need a WP. That is not a problem. I have both a Bachlor of Science and Masters of Environmental Health Sciences Degrees. However, I am concerned about obtaining a Temporary Teachers License, as I will have to extend my visa at Nan Immigration later this year. I understand that those teachers with a Non-B Visa based upon teaching are required to have a teachers license in order to extend their visas. My question is: Does a teacher with a Non-O Support Visa need a Temporary Teachers License to extend that visa at Nan Immigration?

Good advice from PB - check at Nan immi.

From what I understand of the visa process, your visa will be extended based on marriage and not teaching and there shouldn't be a TL requirement but check anyway.

Edited by Loaded

Nan-immigration requires a teachers license if you apply for an extension based on working at a government school. It is a requirement from immigration and you will have no problem getting a work permit and are allowed to work without the teachers license. You just don't get an extension of stay from Nan-immigration for this reason. However, they will extend based on marriage with a Thai without any problem. If you mean that you are marreid to a Non-Thai with an extension of a non-B, better just don't mention you work yourself.

Nan-immigration requires a teachers license if you apply for an extension based on working at a government school. It is a requirement from immigration and you will have no problem getting a work permit and are allowed to work without the teachers license. You just don't get an extension of stay from Nan-immigration for this reason. However, they will extend based on marriage with a Thai without any problem. If you mean that you are marreid to a Non-Thai with an extension of a non-B, better just don't mention you work yourself.

hi, as what I understood from Teacher's Council, any foreigner who are currently teaching in Thailand in regardless of what visa you are holding are subject to Teacher's license. However, you can get a temporary teacher's license (permit to teach) showing your documents from the gov't school. The process that I know is that, your school should write a request for your visa and work permit to Ministry of Educ, the Min. of Educ writes a letter to labour dept to issue you a work permit. By then, labour dept will require your teacher's license. Better off, ask the Teacher's Council (Min. of Educ) and mention to them your visa status. It's better to be sure that be in trouble in the future. Goodluck.

Getting a temporary dispensation for 2 years is indeed no problem and takes about 2 weeks. I just received mine. All the school does is to write a leter to the teachwers council.

On the WP, there is no involvement for that from the Min. Education. I have found no problem getting aWP without the teachers license. Currently it are only some immigration offices that are requiring a teachers license, but there is no problem with the labour department. AFAIK labour issues a WP, teachers license or not.

hi, as what I understood from Teacher's Council, any foreigner who are currently teaching in Thailand in regardless of what visa you are holding are subject to Teacher's license. However, you can get a temporary teacher's license (permit to teach) showing your documents from the gov't school. The process that I know is that, your school should write a request for your visa and work permit to Ministry of Educ, the Min. of Educ writes a letter to labour dept to issue you a work permit. By then, labour dept will require your teacher's license. Better off, ask the Teacher's Council (Min. of Educ) and mention to them your visa status. It's better to be sure that be in trouble in the future. Goodluck.

Not quite right me 'ol china. If your non-imm O is based on marriage to a Thai, then it is extended because you are still married to a Thai - unsurprisingly - but you still need to meet the other requirements associated with this visa. The TL has nothing to do with it - well it didn't in my case in Chiang Mai last month. That is what the OP wanted to know. A non-imm B extended because you are a teacher may need a TL to extend but it does seem to depend on where you go and who you meet.

Not quite right me 'ol china. If your non-imm O is based on marriage to a Thai, then it is extended because you are still married to a Thai - unsurprisingly - but you still need to meet the other requirements associated with this visa. The TL has nothing to do with it - well it didn't in my case in Chiang Mai last month. That is what the OP wanted to know. A non-imm B extended because you are a teacher may need a TL to extend but it does seem to depend on where you go and who you meet.

thx for d info, it's good to know that non-o does not need TL for wp. i shd then adv my sister who is in the same case.

Yes, Loaded is correct. Because I didn't have the TL Nan-immigration wanted to extend based on marriage and told me I could teach without a teachers license. They only refused to give an extension based on teaching without a TL, but don't have a problem with you teaching.