Do All Ladies Ask For Money In Thailand?

dudeyone

So, after knowing a Thai lady for a short while, we became rather close. Not long after, she says her mom is angry with her and not giving her any money so she does not have any money to eat and she asks me if I can give her some.

That's just one variation, I am sure you have heard it all. I am sick of it honestly. Are they all lying? Is it just something Thai girls expect from men? Is it just how things work around here? Will I see the cows come home before a Thai lady would split a dinner bill?

So, after knowing a Thai lady for a short while, we became rather close. Not long after, she says her mom is angry with her and not giving her any money so she does not have any money to eat and she asks me if I can give her some.

That's just one variation, I am sure you have heard it all. I am sick of it honestly. Are they all lying? Is it just something Thai girls expect from men? Is it just how things work around here? Will I see the cows come home before a Thai lady would split a dinner bill?

I have always liked the "sick buffalo" bit best.

Do All Ladies Ask For Money In Thailand?

Just take out the word Thailand, and insert the name of any country, and your answer is yes.

I would say however that Thai women are very clever at getting it sooner in the relationship through various means, than say, western women, who turn on the tear factory in court and take it all at the end of a relationship. :o

I read this in a compilation of Thailand amazing facts of Richard Barrow.

True or False? If true then many things are explained

After spending the night together (unmarried couple) the female is entitled to ask the man to marry her - and give a dowry. If the man doesn't want to get married, the women is entitled to seek compensation ie....money.

I must be a lucky English dude! I am a house husband in Thailand and my Thai wife pays for almost everything even giving me a small salary each month

Is this normal or am I deluded even though its the 100% true !

My ex well educated wealthy good family white Thai Chinese G/F she cost alot...think she was the queen and never carried money!

It seems to depend on the woman,I am with a local lady for nearly 6 months and have only been asked for money once and on some other occasions I have offered her money for some of her personal expenses.

This is in very stark contrast to a previous lady I was with,from the north east part of he country,literally cost me hundreds of thousands before I could terminate the relationship.

Caveot Emptor

I must be a lucky English dude! I am a house husband in Thailand and my Thai wife pays for almost everything even giving me a small salary each month

My ex well educated wealthy good family white Thai Chinese G/F she cost alot...think she was the queen and never carried money!

you are very lucky but not uncommon

i know 2 ferang here who are both supported by there wifes,

My misses sometimes asks if he can spend a few hundred baht on a dress or something.

I keep on having to remind her that she does not need to ask my permission, after all she is the only one bringing an income to our family at the moment.

My misses sometimes asks if he can spend a few hundred baht on a dress or something.

He sounds like a good catch moonrakers :D

The right dress can do wonders. :o

I keep telling my mates that on their first visits to LOS but they always insist on finding out themselves :D

Not all do. Depends on the girl's circumstances, the basis on which you have a relationship, and how she views you - as a short or long term prospect.

Of course a bar girl will ask for money - it's how they make a living. Mainstream girls are all different, just like in the western world. At one end of the spectrum there are gold diggers, and at the other are very generous people who will try to contribute as much as they can. I know guys whose girlfriends have helped them through difficult times, but this never happens with a bar girl or a girl from a poor family with relatives to support who doesn't have two Baht to rub together.

Yes they all do, I know many will disagree, some are just a bit discreet about it, i.e., *Its up to you how much you give me Teelock* Ok now for those who will say I am all wet/wrong cross your heart and hope to get run over by a speeding baht bus if you swear you never give your GF/wife money and she never ask for it, One more thing please let me know your where abouts I want to come and meet and greet her and some of wonderful cousins, sisters or any like wise girlfriends of your lady.

Of course not. I've even met farang in Thailand that are financially dependent on their girlfriend. Or those that have had to borrow money during a difficult period. And lots of people that split the bill when they go out on dates, or take turns paying.

Just accept she is probably a mia noi lol.

I get a few free boomboo an dont have to live with them,thats much better

To answer the OP's question -- no.

I think we have had enough of this kind of trolling and generally nasty negativity towards Thai women, Thai men, etc etc etc. Fill in the blanks because it seems the heat is bringing out the trolls and the unhappy people.

///CLOSED//