Living A Thai Lifestyle

Greenside

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true, adjan has no loyalty to his country or any other, besides, France must have some good

wines! :D

You have tried Piat D'or, I suppose :o

About 25 years ago, while in London, I saw a TV commercial about this liquid. The jingle was "Piat d'Or (or Piador?), les Français adorent!"

Well this wine(?) has never ever been on sale in France. No French, except the ones who cross the Channel, has never ever heard about this plonk (poison?). I'm not even sure it's French (I mean that it could be made by a foreign company, using different French and Italian table wines + some additives you don't want to hear about). The interesting point is that it was (is?) selling well in England. I guess that says a lot about the... locals.

My advice: stay away from it. You may go blind.

Edited by adjan jb

Cool, a "my Thailand is realer than your Thailand" topic. :D

Indeed, it is a "cool" topic, Khun Winnie, even though some, obviously, respond heatedly. To me your comment contains a profound insight into what happens here as realities as different as dwarf stars and black holes collide in outer-cultural-space !

For some of us, there is a "non-position" "outside the game" that holds to non-existence of any "real Thailand" whatsoever. But the fundamental emptiness of all constructions does not negate the reality of the competition for reality between multiple realities; a kind of on-going "Miss Universe" contest with the exception that gender is free-form :o

To the extent a Farang has money, I believe they can essentially "buy" whatever reality they want here, which, I believe, is one of the main attractions for many expats. That herculean and comic mental efforts can be at times required to maintain the fiction that the "bought reality" corresponds to the inner psychodramatic fantasy ... well : TIT :D

I hope you will read my book : "Farang Grandiosity Syndrome : Thailand as Thighland" It is a difficult read : the censors have struck out every word, leaving only the punctuation, but for many expat readers, surprisingly, that has not been a problem; they've responded with comments like : "this book explains exactly the way I find Thailand to be." :D

best, ~o:37;

p.s. I apologize for my post which you took as abusive; it was meant to be funny, but I can see that it did not come across that way.

If your book is written in the same style as your post above, I fully agree, it will be a difficult read indeed!

Thailand is different things to different people and if the OP was looking for concensus I am afraid he will be disappointed. Whilst I don't claim to be an expert on Thailand, I believe that one can find parallels to every stratum of Western society here (notwithstanding the differences in culture, language, education and eating habits).

Having said that it follows that "living Thai style" means different things to different people. I think that the bottom line is Thais will live as well as their financial situation allows, pretty much like people from all countries.

I hope you will read my book : "Farang Grandiosity Syndrome : Thailand as Thighland" It is a difficult read : the censors have struck out every word, leaving only the punctuation, but for many expat readers, surprisingly, that has not been a problem; they've responded with comments like : "this book explains exactly the way I find Thailand to be." :D

Well, started it ( reading) but didn't get too far...

" ". , ! , :, !! " , . ; * " -

and that was only the first paragraph.

You're right, this IS a tough read.

:o

It reminds me Catch 22 when Yossarian has to censor the letters of enlisted men. He eliminates all words except "a", "an", and "the," producing what he terms "a message far more universal."

It reminds me Catch 22 when Yossarian has to censor the letters of enlisted men. He eliminates all words except "a", "an", and "the," producing what he terms "a message far more universal."

Yossarian.

A man years ahead of his time....

untitled.bmp