Newsgroups For American Tv?

jaideeguy

I've been on 'easynews' for more than a couple of years now and it has satisfied my cravings for american tv series and news programs, often posting episodes within an hour or so after airing in the US, but the last month they are not posting any of my favorites.....daily show, real time, late night talk shows, as well as the few series that i download.

Just wondering if others that subscribe to easynews or other newsgroups are experiencing same???

hope this topic is not illegal??

Edited by jaideeguy

I was a member of easynews till last year and during my years of membership I noticed periods when postings would slow down. They always seemed to jive with breaks in college and university schedules which made me think they might be responsible for many of the postings. Over the last couple weeks spring break has been underway in many of these institutions so it should increase in a week or so if I am right.

I've been on 'easynews' for more than a couple of years now and it has satisfied my cravings for american tv series and news programs, often posting episodes within an hour or so after airing in the US, but the last month they are not posting any of my favorites.....daily show, real time, late night talk shows, as well as the few series that i download.

Just wondering if others that subscribe to easynews or other newsgroups are experiencing same???

hope this topic is not illegal??

Don't know what easynews is but you might want to try http://eztv.it as an alternative if that one stopped working. It's free and has most TV shows within a few hours after they air..

Edited by OriginalPoster

Easynews is a usenet server, not torrent site.

Unlike torrents, they guarantee download speeds for all their videos at all times. They are not free, but the prices are very reasonable.

Have no idea why the slowed down with new releases, though.

I think it would be a great idea to start usenet business in Thailand, if you can lay hands on Thai subtitles/sountracks.

So, are all usenet servers created equal?? meaning do they all have the same content posted??

but different skins, payment plans, retention, and security etc.

Just looked at the giganews promo and they are offring a free trial and I may go on it to compare with my easynews.

i don't think that I want to go with a bit torrent server as i don't like the idea of opening up my pc to strangers and I hear from friends that with or slow download speeds they can take a day or so to download a movie.

Easynews is a usenet server, not torrent site.

Unlike torrents, they guarantee download speeds for all their videos at all times. They are not free, but the prices are very reasonable.

Have no idea why the slowed down with new releases, though.

I think it would be a great idea to start usenet business in Thailand, if you can lay hands on Thai subtitles/sountracks.

The speed of downloading TV shows that aired in the recent past via EZTV is rarely much of a problem as there tend to be a large number of seeders.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Yes, latest torrents are very fast, but it's not the seeders, it's the local ISPs caching videos and serving them locally at top speed.

And only few shows and movies are available in High Definition format, you can't even find regular DVD images with features and stuff.

ANY file from usenet is served at guaranteed speed, no matter how old or popular. Full DVD images are the staple there and there are plenty of HD/Blueray rips, too. That's basically what you pay for - guaranteed availability and speed, the hardware on the server side.

Theoretically all usenet servers are supposed to share the content and exchange it with each other, then distribute it locally, but I suspect American Giganews won't be mirroring alt.binaries.soaps.thai if it existed here. Earlier I mentioned Thai subs only because Thai customers need them, otherwise it's only limited farang market here. Then you'd need someone to upload local content - I guess there's a big market for popular soap operas and movies.