Need Help Bout Non-imm(o) Visa >.<

Hmmm I got lil question here.

My bf & I are planning to get married here in Thailand and let him live on non-immi (O) for a year or 2 till he get a job

What I'm wondering is... if my bf transfer money into thai Bank say .. 600K and he's granted that visa (based on marriage of couse) And during the year, he tried to look for a job and only used 100K of that money in the Bank a/c. My question is .. When he has to go to Immigration office to extend this visa for another year(still 500K left in bank), will there be any problem? Will the officer ask us to indentify how can my bf live on 100k for 12 months? And if they ask, will i be able to show the officer that I work and has salary too so I help with some expenses? I talked to immigration officer once and she said "just tell the truth and we'll see case by case" ... I definitely will tell them the truth. But I'm just afraid they won't extend visa for my bf.

I have to ask this cose I know how job hunt situation in Thailand can be. My bf might need quite some time before he can get a job. He wants to be here legally. That's why I decide to marry him and will let him request for Non-immi (O) visa so when he gets it, he can have some time to look for a job. Is that a good plan? Any advices?

BTW, my Bf is from the Netherlands. 25 yrs old. With colledge diploma in multimedia design.

- Does anyone have some advices on the possibility of he getting job here and what kind of job'd that be? ...

- Or will he be able to be a teacher(with legal WP and teacher's license)?

- If he has got a Bachelor degree in teaching Eng from Uni in the Netherlands, will that help in getting a job and teacher's license? Or it's not worth going to study for that degree for another 4 yrs before coming here?

We don't mind much bout rate of salary. Can be 20 K/month or sth. We just need a job so we can show them that money in Bank account we use as a proof stays still every year. No withdraw, no transfer. Cose he has revenue from job here. Cose I think me & my bf are going to use this 400K bank account as money proof to extend non-imm (o) (supporting thai wife) for many years.

Thank you

ps. sorry bout my Eng though, hope you guys could get what i was trying to ask.

Ohh and a lil bit more...

They say you only need 400K in bank acct or 40K salary to get this 1 yr non-imm(o) rite. So does that mean if we don't want 1 yr visa, we don't need any of that proof? We just need married certificate from Amphour and the immigration will issue 90 days non-imm visa for my bf and he just needs to do border run for extension? Like.... as long as he's legally married to me & don't mind doing visa-run every 90 days, then he can just keep extending it and doesn't need any saving in bank here or a job at all?

is there a visa like that? Or Am i just confused? :o

All advices appreciated

Ohh and a lil bit more...

They say you only need 400K in bank acct or 40K salary to get this 1 yr non-imm(o) rite. So does that mean if we don't want 1 yr visa, we don't need any of that proof? We just need married certificate from Amphour and the immigration will issue 90 days non-imm visa for my bf and he just needs to do border run for extension? Like....  as long as he's legally married to me & don't mind doing visa-run every 90 days, then he can just keep extending it and doesn't need any saving in bank here or a job at all?

is there a visa like that? Or Am i just confused?  :o 

All advices appreciated

He won't get continuing multi entry O visa's because it will be seen as a ploy to get around the financial support obligations.

Immigration will not issue a visa for him but after marriage he could travel outside Thailand to obtain one and probably would be able to obtain a multi entry O non immigrant visa from Penang but few other places in this region. Even then it is not for sure and conditions of issue change. As your husband he is expected to be supporting you here or take you to his home country and provide support there when of working age; as he is.

If he actively seeks employment with a collage degree and a marriage O extension of stay believe it should not take 'years' to find something. I would use the extension of stay and work with immigration - you might not even need a full 400k in the bank for the first year.

I do sometimes wonder about people getting married with no way to support their spouse however. :o

Thank you :-)

Well of couse he wants to support me, and that's why he wants to get a job here as soon as possible after marriage and get non-immi (O) visa.

He can't get non-immi (O) in Thailand? He has to get married to me, get certificate here 1st (he can do that on tourist visa rite?) and then fly back to the Netherlands, and submit doc. to thai consulate there to issue him non-immi visa? And then he can come back in thailand based on that marriage visa for 90 days ...and go do his 1st 1 yr extension at Immigration here in BKK? ... I understand correctly? And will the thai consulate there ever deny to issue him the 90 days non-imm visa if he got all docs?

I know getting a job should take less than "years" But we want him to get a job in like a year, so we'll be safe. Cose the only thing he has that can be proof of supporting me is the money in the Bank (around 400K-800K) And when he comes here, he has to quit his job there (Therefor, no more money from aboard can transfer in) And that's the reason why we really need to know the chances of getting job here. So ... you say he'll be able to get one in a year? Cose I heard choice 1. being teacher -> he has to get teacher's license which i think is pretty difficult in this situation and at school where they don't need license like at language schools ...they tend to not issue doc. to support you in getting WP.

choice 2. working in multimedia design or some graphic company? cose that's exactly what he has the diploma for. But i doubt that kind of work will be easy to find here. Cose most of those companies usually hire thai ppl.

Out of these 2 choices ... I still cannot think of any other job. Do you have any advices on that?

Oh btw, his colledge degree is not equal to B.A., it's one level lower. Just like diploma you get from colledge here too. In the Netherlands they have pretty complicated edu system.

Many thanks :D

======= Lopburi3 : "Immigration will not issue a visa for him but after marriage he could travel outside Thailand to obtain one and probably would be able to obtain a multi entry O non immigrant visa from Penang but few other places in this region. Even then it is not for sure and conditions of issue change. As your husband he is expected to be supporting you here or take you to his home country and provide support there when of working age; as he is"

He has to get visa from outside Thailand even if he got money in the bank and would like to go for the choice of getting 1 yr extension?? Cose i once talked to Immi officer and he told me he just needed to come here with tourist visa, get married ceritficate, and then bring doc. + financial proof to Immigration and they'll consider if my Bf'll get 1 year visa or not.

I'm very confused now :o

Can anybody summarize all the steps we have to take? pleaseee..

If we want to get married certificate here in Thailand, and after that my Bf wants to live here on marriage visa & get a job here. He got 400K bth. What would be best plan to arrage that? What do we have to do? Can you please put the answers into steps like

1. do this

2. do that

etc

can start from where to get certificate & open bank acct and so on

Cose I'm pretty confused now.

And say if when all those steps are taken and my Bf get the initial extension 1 yr. Then he later on during the year he got a job here. But the job only pays 20-30K. One year passed and he has to go do extension for another year with proof of that monthly income in Thailand plus 400K in bank a/c that's never been used (no withdrawal, no more money transfer in... just account that stay still like that) Will he be approved? Or he has to have 40k salary to go with that anyway??

:o Many thanks

Edited by Bunnysgal

Can anybody summarize all the steps we have to take? pleaseee..

If we want to get married certificate here in Thailand, and after that my Bf wants to live here on marriage visa & get a job here. He got 400K bth. What would be best plan to arrage that? What do we have to do? Can you please put the answers into steps like

1. do this

2. do that

etc

can start from where to get certificate & open bank acct and so on

Cose I'm pretty confused now.

And say if when all those steps are taken and my Bf get the initial extension 1 yr. Then he later on during the year he got a job here. But the job only pays 20-30K. One year passed and he has to go do extension for another year with proof of that monthly income in Thailand plus 400K in bank a/c that's never been used (no withdrawal, no more money transfer in... just account that stay still like that) Will he be approved? Or he has to have 40k salary to go with that anyway??

:o Many thanks

He needs to show 400,000 baht in a bank in Thailand at each annual extension until he gets a job