5 Year Driving Licence Renewal

Applied successfully on Monday morning for new Car & Motorcycle 5 year driving licences.

Much information is documented about this, but would like to add the following points.

Medical cert - you need one, photocopy it and sign the second

Passport - many farang in the queue had copied the entry stamp, but not the original 1 year visa stamp

International Driving Licence & UK photocard - take the originals with you, but signed photocopies i took with me were returned to me, unneeded

once they confirmed paperwork was in order, no additional tests were needed, sit for a digital photo, and 960 baht lighter walked away with 2 five year licences.

I arrived 9-30 but there was already a long queue, and NO AIR CONDITIONING in the building.

Applied successfully on Monday morning for new Car & Motorcycle 5 year driving licences.

Much information is documented about this, but would like to add the following points.

Passport - many farang in the queue had copied the entry stamp, but not the original 1 year visa stamp

International Driving Licence & UK photocard - take the originals with you, but signed photocopies i took with me were returned to me, unneeded

once they confirmed paperwork was in order, no additional tests were needed, sit for a digital photo, and 960 baht lighter walked away with 2 five year licences.

I arrived 9-30 but there was already a long queue, and NO AIR CONDITIONING in the building.

Can you confirm that you need an international driving permit and medical certificate? It seems from the pinned item post 2 that these are not required for the 5 year licence.

Can you confirm that you need an international driving permit and medical certificate? It seems from the pinned item post 2 that these are not required for the 5 year licence.

When I got my 5 year license about two years ago, didnt need either, as you are extending your Thai 1 year license to 5 years and the international license and medical are done on your 1 year...on my 5 year I just fill in the form and hand the cash over with my expired 1 year Thai DL

The international license has absolutely no relevance to the issue of a Thai 5 year license.

as you are renewing/extending an existing Thai license

i WOULDN'T RISK TURNING UP WITHOUT A MED CERT

Agreed. I received my 5 year renewal in December in Chiangmai and it is posted and verbally told a medical certificate was required. Though, it appears from the accounts posted on TV it varies from office to office.

Got my five year Driving Licence renewal Jan 09 pretty much the same routine here, all same documents, no A/C in Bldg(?), long queue, had to take an exam which was fairly easy, for me(50 years behind the wheel of Something or another), I think(my opinion the HIGHLIGHT)the video tape of traffice violations :o in around Bangkok and Thailand in general was most enjoyable, it seem to be somewhat or a BORE to the young crowd but as I understood it was a Mandatory reqirement to get the Licence. :D