Reps Vs. Satit

Phil Conners

Does anyone have first hand experience of REPS vs. SATIT schools. We're considering moving our daughter from SATIT to REPS this next year but not sure the considerable price difference and distance to the school is worth it.

My 11-year old daughter is starting at REPS next term, so I cannot comment yet,

She was attendung Aksorn in South Pattaya and both she and her younger nrother are leaving because they (the kids) are dissatisfied with progress,

They mix with kids from several schools and have found that they are falling behind their peers.

I suggested it might be them rather than the school - does anyone have a room to rent?

Well, she is at the top of her class but when she tell me what they learn and about how unruly some classes are (particularly classes run by young inexperienced farang teachers) I sometimes think that there might be a better alternative, i.e. places where the bar is held a bit higher. For example, she is in P6, starting M1 after the holidays, and the English they learn is still "hello, my name is".... Not a big problem as my daugher is fluent in both spoken and written English but it's just a waste of time. Similarly I think science classes are much lacking. They put a lot of weight on stuff like Thai Culture but nil on world history. Stuff like that... Probably not unique for Thailand, and maybe it's just as bad in REPS, but that's what this thread is about :o

Edited by Phil Conners

I thought Satit was a complete joke to be honest and took my kids from there and put them in St.Andrews.Very happy with St.Andrews.Opinions may differ but I'd not consider Satit.The owner is a complete cow.The Teachers are dodgy at best.The Teachers even admit the school is not run very well.The only good point was the nursery seemed to be very well run,the teachers in there where lovely.

EPG.

Well, she is at the top of her class but when she tell me what they learn and about how unruly some classes are (particularly classes run by young inexperienced farang teachers) I sometimes think that there might be a better alternative, i.e. places where the bar is held a bit higher. For example, she is in P6, starting M1 after the holidays, and the English they learn is still "hello, my name is".... Not a big problem as my daugher is fluent in both spoken and written English but it's just a waste of time. Similarly I think science classes are much lacking. They put a lot of weight on stuff like Thai Culture but nil on world history. Stuff like that... Probably not unique for Thailand, and maybe it's just as bad in REPS, but that's what this thread is about :o

In REPS the classes are quiet, but the lunch break is bedlam.

As well as teaching Thai and English as languages, both maths and science subjects are taught equally in Thai and English (not at the same time).

Most of the kids when I went there to check it out are pretty well bilingual - even the little ones at five years or less.

But I think that at the moment they only go to M1, looking to expand (skeleton structure of new building already standing) over the next couple of years.

I will be going down next Friday to select the school clothes needed.

Phone Khun Pom on 038631167 and ask her for an appointment

It's a twenty minute drive from Pattaya, turn South at the Tesco in Bang Chang, go a mile or more down the road and you will see Garden School on the right. There is a turn just before Garden School, use that and go a hundred yards down - there you are on the left, behind Garden School.

Mini buses are provided to Pattaya and elsewhere, after school additional lessons also catered, also transport provided. Thney are really trying hard.

Is she in the Thai program or the English Program at Satit?

• 5 months later...
Thai program. We had a look at the English program and spoke with others having kids there and decided against it.

So did you choose REPS ?

Satit's English program has improved greatly since they worked out the early kinks and got a decent English director.