To Dream Ir Not To Dream

Hobart

Time to trade up from my crappy ole scooter to something new with brakes that work and an exhaust the dogs dont bark at.

I'm a Honda guy so its down to the Honda wave or the Honda dream. Either way its the 125cc model I am getting.

People have told me to stay away from the wave and deffinately go for the more expensive dream. Thing is that the wave looks so much better and smarter and the dream looks like something my Grandmother would ride.

Basicially -- Advice and opinions being sought here.

I am on my second Honda wave 125. First one was sent up-country after three years of trouble free ring, second one is now two years old and extremely reliable. Great little bikes, wish the bikes I had when I first started riding 40 years ago had been as good.

If you want to save money, go for the Wave with Fuel Injection. It runs for miles and miles on a cup of gasoline.... Seems to be very reliable, too. A friend of mine got one he is just happy with it.

Time to trade up from my crappy ole scooter to something new with brakes that work and an exhaust the dogs dont bark at.

I'm a Honda guy so its down to the Honda wave or the Honda dream. Either way its the 125cc model I am getting.

People have told me to stay away from the wave and deffinately go for the more expensive dream. Thing is that the wave looks so much better and smarter and the dream looks like something my Grandmother would ride.

I've had both. Have the Wave 125i now. Would never buy another! Dream every time. Would actually say I got better mileage out of the dream than the wave! Sure they both have basically the same engine but the dream always felt smoother and more powerful. Never had a problem with the dream, the wave has been good but has had a fair few niggling problems. Dream also felt much more sturdy and stable. Never had a rattle or shake from it, the wave started developing them at about 5000 km. Now has 25,000 and feels like it. Sold the dream at 30,000 km and it still felt like a new bike. Dream only has drum breaks but actually found them nicer to use. Bought both new from my student's father (Honda dealer), he steered me to the dream saying it was by far the better bike and he was right. Only bought the wave because the wife thought it looked better. Even she now says she wished we had gone for another dream! So spent an extra 10,000 baht for slightly better looks!

PS. The dream is cheaper, big saving over the wave! Paid 52,000 for the wave with electric start and 42,000 for the dream with electric start!

Edited by nakhonsi sean