K&n Air Filters For Honda Wave

eljeque

I am looking to buy an air filter like a K&N for my Honda Wave 125

Does anyone have any ideas where I could come across one or its equivalent.

there is a bike shop at RCA that sells imported K&N filter, last time i was there they had it for the sonic 125 so they might have it for the wave too..

The shop is called: Big Cat and it looks like a show room.. just walk down the RCA and you'll see

GLHF :o

//Andreas

wow!!

Thanks

I will dop in on my next trip to Bkk

Do you want only the filter element or the actual filter housing? 2cunivsm.jpgAftermarket K&N Fliter housing can be bought at most acessory shops like the ones about 200m from Saphan Kwauy

BTS.

Here my bike has a trumpet but usually has a SS "K&N" filter bought in Rayong.KICX0009-1.jpg

I am looking to buy an air filter like a K&N for my Honda Wave 125

Does anyone have any ideas where I could come across one or its equivalent.

I Have to eg the question WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a 125cc shopping trolley for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want to go faster my I suggest instead of a filter you BUY more cc in the first place ???????????????

The Yanks have a saying " There's no replacement for displacement! "

There is a guy on Samui who has spent an absolute fortune on his Sonic. Bored out to 175 and high lift cams and big carb etc etc etc and it spends 90% of its time in the shop. The Honda Wave is DESIGNED as a commuter not race bike and as such it aint ever going to be no R1 :o

wow!!

Thanks

I will dop in on my next trip to Bkk

Do you want only the filter element or the actual filter housing? 2cunivsm.jpgAftermarket K&N Fliter housing can be bought at most acessory shops like the ones about 200m from Saphan Kwauy

BTS.

Here my bike has a trumpet but usually has a SS "K&N" filter bought in Rayong.KICX0009-1.jpg

Thanks

I am in Pattaya so Rayong is a lot easier to get to than Bangkok.

I would need both the housing (after market) and the filter, or the equivalent from another company. I am not tied to K&N, that just happened to be the one that was mentioned to me by an auto mechanic friend.

After the filter, I would then be interesed in a better exhaust. I have read about a Yoshimura TITAN underbone all color oval silent sport perfomance exhaust, but have no idea where to find a small one.

Thanks

Guys just cos you got BIG bikes don't belittle the guys that like modding their smaller bikes. its not so much about the speed. its more about freeing up the breathing of a regulated small mass market bike. and more air, more fuel and more exhaust gases out the muffler and they do go faster BUT more importantly the midrange (usable power) is much improved :o .

Its a good inexpensive way of getting the bug for bigger bikes and modding them................ i would have thought you guys would have known better :D .

Allan

A K&N air filter on a small displacement factory standard engine is a complete waste of time.

Does your bike have an Air Box? If it does don't bother with a new filter without an air box because you will just be getting hotter air into the engine.

Once you put that air filter on, you better add some wheelie bars at the same time to stop you flipping your bike when you unleash the extra power.

Edited by scottyd

Ok scott. how will the kn style filter put hotter air in.

also if the carb is rejetted for the filter and /or downpipe and exhaust. how is it a waste of time. I agree that if the other mods are not done eg rejetting and different down pipe then itis not being done properly.

but surely you should state that.

To the the Op. YOU WILL NEED a new downpipe, and carb rejetting to get a reasonable increase in power and midrange. it will not be a massive increase (maybe 1-1.5 hp) but the bike will feel more usable. dont forget these bikes are choked from the factory to achieve good economy. so a few simple mods can go a long way.

have fun :o:D .

Allan

Come on mate, use your noggin, if you remove the air box and replace it with a cone filter the heat from the engine will be getting inducted along with the outside air so the inlet air temp will increase. An air box protects the air filter from the engine heat as well as guiding the outside air in.

If you really must upgrade your air filter get a panel filter, K&N make these too, and you can get a direct replacement for the filter in your air box.

edit: I said it would be a waste of time on a "small displacement factory standard engine", suggesting that nothing else had been done.

Edited by scottyd

Guys just cos you got BIG bikes don't belittle the guys that like modding their smaller bikes. its not so much about the speed. its more about freeing up the breathing of a regulated small mass market bike. and more air, more fuel and more exhaust gases out the muffler and they do go faster BUT more importantly the midrange (usable power) is much improved :o .

Its a good inexpensive way of getting the bug for bigger bikes and modding them................ i would have thought you guys would have known better :D .

Allan

wasn't taking the piss allan. i meant it, just remove the air filter is what i would do. besides......i've always said 2 wheels is 2 wheels i don't care what you ride BUT posters gotta expect a bit of flaming when discussing waves and such :D

A K&N air filter on a small displacement factory standard engine is a complete waste of time.

You gotta love some comments. :o

Time belongs to the individual what they choose to do with it or not to do with it has got little to do with anything. A hobby or pastime is a personal matter. Being on this forum is the biggest waste of time ever. :D

Come on mate, use your noggin, if you remove the air box and replace it with a cone filter the heat from the engine will be getting inducted along with the outside air so the inlet air temp will increase

This is why most modified step-throughs have the carburettor stuck out the side. Not good if you want to drive through floods though. :D

Guys just cos you got BIG bikes don't belittle the guys that like modding their smaller bikes.

To paraphrase Carlo Abarth. "Any competent mechanic can get power out to a V8 but it takes an artist to extract the most from a small engine".

To the OP.

I can't give you exact coordinates in Rayong but there is a market on the south side of Sukhumvit between Tesco and the PMY junction. About 1.75kms west of Tesco. Look for a 7/11, in the back straight ahead is a covered area and an accessory shop. I bought the race cam and the filter there but there are two sizes. Also on the north side of the road. Opposite said market. There is also a shop on the south side at the traffic lights past Tesco towards Klaeng. There is also a night market every Monday or Tuesday (sorry) at Star Plaze behind Tesco where I bought the carburetor and manifold.

BTW loud aftermarket exhausts are taboo in Pattaya for obvious reasons.

Again thanks for all of the information

I have had the engine modified and have also added a larger carb.

I did nothing other than change the exhaust and bore the engine from 100cc to 125cc on my 15-year old Honda Dream. The difference in performance once the engine was spinning at half speed was, well from slow to medium. That simple change really did make a difference.

So, I did the same thing to an old 2-stroke Suzuki, simply bored it out, and what a difference it made.

so...comments and opinions not allowed. the thread police are in the house!

OK Fair. I did get sucked in. Sometimes I forget myself and get irked by A type personalities who believe their bike is bigger or their possessions more valuable and that it makes them a better or more knowledgeable person or adds weight to their opinion.

Edited by VocalNeal

OK Fair. I did get sucked in. Sometimes I forget myself and get irked by A type personalities who believe their bike is bigger or their possessions more valuable and that it makes them a better or more knowledgeable person or adds weight to their opinion.

hehehe fair enough dude :o

but believe me the couple guys i ride with on this forum and myself included ride with all types of bikes and bikers, it's all good. actually just 2 nights ago travelmate and i were saying that completely modding a 110 or 150cc would be an awesome project, we were drunk mind you :D

hehehe fair enough dude :o

but believe me the couple guys i ride with on this forum and myself included ride with all types of bikes and bikers, it's all good. actually just 2 nights ago travelmate and i were saying that completely modding a 110 or 150cc would be an awesome project, we were drunk mind you :D

There is a 180 kit for automatic scooter. Nuovo I think. Not sure how far one could ride it though.

I built my Wave project bike while living in Indonesia. Primarily as there was nothing to do except whores and golf and I don't play very well!