Famous Thai Movie 1 Liners

toopeekaa 1

Oliver Hardy to Stan Laurel, "Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!", many shorts, movies they made together.

Robert De Niro, ""You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Well, who the ###### else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well, I'm the only one here. Who the <deleted>> do you think you're talkin' to?" , Taxi Driver.

Michael Caine as Charlie Croker, "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off", The Italian Job.

James Bond, "...... Bond, James Bond", any Bond movie.

Dirty Harry, "I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"

In Casablanca, people reckon Bogart said, "play it again Sam", but did he?

There are plenty of threads on TV which are not related to Thailand in anyway, seems P1P just doesn't like people taling about movies.

Didn't they say "Play it again Sam" Krup ?

From the Thai version of Casablanca - "Len eek Saam" ???? :o

Not to hijack this thread but I don't think there'll be memorable one-liners from many Thai movies. So, staying on the theme of Thai movies, has anyone seen any obvious mistakes that were overlooked when making the movie (or soap opera)?

e.g. While watching a period drama set a few centuries ago, I could clearly see in the background of one scene, the rooftops of a row of townhouses.

And in various other period dramas I rarely fail to see actors with an untanned stripe were they normally wear their watches.

In one Thai gangster type movie, a couple of good guys were shooting the gangsters as they poured into a room. The scene lasted for about 5 mins and the bad guys were getting mown down one after the other by the machine-gun-totting good guys. About 50 gangsters got blasted away trying to get into the room, and yet when the smoke cleared, there was only 5 dead bodies on the floor.

:D:D

Terminator, Arnie is in the motel room fixing his eye I think, the motel manager says, "hey, you got a dead cat in there?". Arnie replies, "###### you ######".

Again another classic.

And in the Thai version "Ja Khlap"???? (I'll be baaack) :D

Somehow I don't think it would have the same ring to it. :o

" .... Hey, I'm walking here, I'm WALKING here!" Ratso to a an errant car driver, Midnight Cowboy.

I heard there was a Thai movie made about a battle they finally won against Burmese invading armies. I heard this movie was going to be exported and shown in international cinemas. Has anyone who knows objective history seen it? I wonder how many ultra-nationalist lies may be contained in this movie's version of history.

Do you mean Suriyothai Kat?

If so it was surprisingly un nationalistic when you compare it to some films that have been made in the past. As for it being shown internationally, the international version was rather screwed up by Francis Ford Coppola and seems to be gathering dust in some vault somwhere. Shame really as its a glorious film. Oh well.......

The director/Producer MC Chatri Chalerm Yukol is now making a film about Naresuan which sounds like eclipsing even Suriyothai.

He's not the Messiah, he's just a very naughty boy -- Monty Python

We're gonna need a bigger boat. -- Jaws

Squeal like a pig! -- Deliverance

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia. -- The Princess Bride

Buy some golf shoes or we'll never make it out here alive. -- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

All I got in this world is my balls and my word.....and I don't break them for nobody! -- ScarFace

Class.

"Game Over Man Game Over!" - Aliens

"We all end up dead, the question is how and why. " - Braveheart

"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next. " - Gladiator

/thread moved to farang pub forum.

You can discuss Thai movie liners there

Topekaa is on a break for 4 days for discussing moderator issues.

dclaryjr Posted Today, 2005-01-17 20:53:06

QUOTE(toopeekaa 1 @ 2005-01-16 05:15:55)

No, the word's "Play it again Sam" were never used in Casablanca.

fatter than harry Posted Today, 2005-01-17 17:15:52

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia. -- The Princess Bride

Buy some golf shoes or we'll never make it out here alive. -- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

All I got in this world is my balls and my word.....and I don't break them for nobody! -- ScarFace

Class.

meadish_sweetball Posted Today, 2005-01-17 16:00:09

"But you know, like dude... new shit has come to light. I tell you NEW SHIT has come to light and I dont think you're appreciating the gravity of the situation here, you know, man... dude. You know?"

The Big Lebowski

fatter than harry Posted Today, 2005-01-17 11:31:09

Yes, sorry, Trains, planes and automobiles.

How about this one....

"He hates those cans!" - Steve Martin being shot at as a gas attendant in 'The Jerk'

chuchok Posted Today, 2005-01-17 11:25:53

QUOTE(fatter than harry @ 2005-01-17 11:22:07)

"Those aren't pillows!"

Trains Planes and Automobiles?

fatter than harry Posted Today, 2005-01-17 11:22:07

"Those aren't pillows!"

McAttack Posted Today, 2005-01-17 09:33:34

Although not from a Thai movie, these quotes could well be heard in Thailand....

"Say hello to my little friend"

"I told you, no kids"

"Your womb is polluted"

"who you calling a ####### monkey"

All Al Pacino quotes from Scarface 

Ladies & Gentleman, please, this is Thai Movie one liners according to Darknight the Moderator, please stay on topic.

/thread moved to farang pub forum.

You can discuss Thai movie liners there

Topekaa is on a break for 4 days for discussing moderator issues.

dclaryjr Posted Today, 2005-01-17 20:53:06

QUOTE(toopeekaa 1 @ 2005-01-16 05:15:55)

No, the word's "Play it again Sam" were never used in Casablanca.

fatter than harry Posted Today, 2005-01-17 17:15:52

Class.

meadish_sweetball Posted Today, 2005-01-17 16:00:09

"But you know, like dude... new shit has come to light. I tell you NEW SHIT has come to light and I dont think you're appreciating the gravity of the situation here, you know, man... dude. You know?"

The Big Lebowski

fatter than harry Posted Today, 2005-01-17 11:31:09

Yes, sorry, Trains, planes and automobiles.

How about this one....

"He hates those cans!" - Steve Martin being shot at as a gas attendant in 'The Jerk'

chuchok Posted Today, 2005-01-17 11:25:53

QUOTE(fatter than harry @ 2005-01-17 11:22:07)

"Those aren't pillows!"

Trains Planes and Automobiles?

fatter than harry Posted Today, 2005-01-17 11:22:07

"Those aren't pillows!"

McAttack Posted Today, 2005-01-17 09:33:34

Although not from a Thai movie, these quotes could well be heard in Thailand....

"Say hello to my little friend"

"I told you, no kids"

"Your womb is polluted"

"who you calling a ####### monkey"

All Al Pacino quotes from Scarface 

Ladies & Gentleman, please, this is Thai Movie one liners according to Darknight the Moderator, please stay on topic.

Don't keep challeging me Pablo :D This thread was already recovered from the thrash :o

e.g. While watching a period drama set a few centuries ago, I could clearly see in the background of one scene, the rooftops of a row of townhouses.

And in various other period dramas I rarely fail to see actors with an untanned stripe were they normally wear their watches.

I was amused to notice them wearing modern Nike sandals during probably the same centuries-old period piece you mention.

"What we got here is...failure to communicate." - Cool Hand Luke

"Badges? We ain't got no badges." - Treasure of Sierra Madre

"That's a fact, Jack!" - Stripes.

Here's a corny line by Sly Stallone

"Courts ajorned." - Judge Dred

Edited by aughie

A great film IMO is Bladerunner.

Rutger Hauer - Roy Batty - Replicant, "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

:o

Probably too old for most of you guys: "My mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologise, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it..."

Clint Eastwood in one of the "Dollar" films (late 60's or early 70's).

"A wed wose. How womantic!!" - Madeline Khan - Blazing Saddles

"That bi#ch is huge" - Duece Bigalow

"Hope'll kill ya" - Shawshank Redemption

"What's the matter Colonel Sanders.....chicken!!!" - Space Balls

"Count De Monet, De Monet!!!!!" - History of the World Part 1

"Hey Piss Boy, come over here" - History of the World Part 1