Famous Thai Movie 1 Liners

toopeekaa 1

Do you mean Suriyothai Kat?

If so it was surprisingly un nationalistic when you compare it to some films that have been made in the past. As for it being shown internationally, the international version was rather screwed up by Francis Ford Coppola and seems to be gathering dust in some vault somwhere. Shame really as its a glorious film. Oh well.......

The director/Producer MC Chatri Chalerm Yukol is now making a film about Naresuan which sounds like eclipsing even Suriyothai.

Thanks for clearing that up, PF.

Here's another couple of lines:

"The law's some rickety shit, ain't it?" Thelma and Louise

"lip them, lip my stockings, please" Lost in Translation

"You see how the heel of her shoes perfectly matches her garden tool: believe me, that's no accident" American Beauty

'I'm gonna get mideaval on yo' ass...' Pulp Fiction

'You give him that money and I'll shoot this bitch on principle...' Pulp Fiction

'...yuh psalm singin', skinny old maid...' African Queen

'...I pronounce you husband and wife. Proceed with the execution...' African Queen

'Ratsss, ratsss...thousands of ratsss...' Dracula

and many, many more...all viewed on video in Thailand, of course...

I don't remember what movie it was. I bought the VCD from Silom Rd and it turned out that they had a guy who didn't finish his high school doing the translation!!

The funny part was a guy sitting in a restaurant waiting for his soup that he'd ordered a while ago. Came the waitress , served a bowl of soup on his table

" Here's your soup"

The Thai sub-title was " นี่คือสบู่ของคุณ" (Here's your SOAP") !!!! LOL :D

You don't need to understand a word in that sentence, just have to have your eyes open~!! :o

:o Brilliant. The translator of that subtitle definitely had to be taking the piss.

Speaking of one liners: have you ever seen t-shirt slogans in English that definitely seemed to be taking the piss, or even sinister?

I saw one chic, young guy sporting a t-shirt in Siam Center with the slogan: "I ###### for Gucci" :D Someone definitely had it out for that guy.

Anyway, sorry to stray slightly off topic - carry on.