Film Courses

RAZZELL

I'm considering doing a video/film course and the only one I could find in Bangkok was at SAE.

Has anyone any experience or knowledge of this place or any other courses at Colleges or Universities?

I'm looking for a short (up to a year), intensive, practical course that will complement my current career.

Thanks in advance :o

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

I'm considering doing a video/film course and the only one I could find in Bangkok was at SAE.

Has anyone any experience or knowledge of this place or any other courses at Colleges or Universities?

I'm looking for a short (up to a year), intensive, practical course that will complement my current career.

RAZZ

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but the Alliance Francais offers a film course (in English) once a year and it is starting the end of this month I believe. I was having lunch there the other day and I saw the brochure and from what I recall it's every Saturday for a year.

You can check it out on their site as well.

I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but the Alliance Francais offers a film course (in English) once a year and it is starting the end of this month I believe. I was having lunch there the other day and I saw the brochure and from what I recall it's every Saturday for a year.

Thanks for that :o

RAZZ

Are you looking for something for credit or practical use? They are completely different as a proper university program is stretched out over several years.

I know of one short professionally oriented opportunity available here ran by a serious fellow.

Learn Film Asia

It is at least worth checking into.

Soi224

Are you looking for something for credit or practical use? They are completely different as a proper university program is stretched out over several years.

I know of one short professionally oriented opportunity available here ran by a serious fellow.

Learn Film Asia

Soi224

I'm looking for a practical course. A "short, sharp, shock" teaching the fundamentals of TV/Film production.

Thanks for the above link.

RAZZ

RAZZ

Hi,

I've graduated from there in 2006. Its a great school and the staffs are pretty good I've to say. I'm presently freelancing in Bangkok and the region. You should go for it. The real skills is what we need to start working in the industry and they lecturers there are experience. If you want only Digital Film making skill and nothing else (I mean boring general subjects), then SAE BKK is definitely the choice. You can go into the school and ask for their students works for references. Make a appointment to see the Head of Film to see their students projects. Very good.

Cheers Mate

Danzee

Hi,

I've graduated from there in 2006. Its a great school and the staffs are pretty good I've to say. I'm presently freelancing in Bangkok and the region. You should go for it. The real skills is what we need to start working in the industry and they lecturers there are experience. If you want only Digital Film making skill and nothing else (I mean boring general subjects), then SAE BKK is definitely the choice. You can go into the school and ask for their students works for references. Make a appointment to see the Head of Film to see their students projects. Very good.

Cheers Mate

Danzee

That's really interesting mate. Can I ask how old are you and what nationality? How did you find getting work when you finished, and what are you doing now? Cameraman? DP? Sound, Editor, runner?

Did you learn the fundamentals of all the above?

Many thanks :o

RAZZ

Right, I've emailed Asian, Bangkok, Mahidol and Chula Universities about a variety of academic and practical courses.

Not one has replied :o

The only institution who have got back to me so far is SAE.

RAZZ

The website said "for thai's" :o

RAZZ

Don't worry about Alliance Francais, looks like you have good options already. SAE looks great. Wish I'd known about that a long time ago.

I'd say go for SAE, you don't need a lot of nonsense academic time wasting classes from a university. Also, in Thailand, emailing any sort of organization is usually not productive, you should call or even physically go to those places.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Learn Film Asia

Soi224

Any feedback on this guy?

Cheers.