Cycling In Thailand.

baboon

Are there any laws regarding cycling here? Do I have to wear a helmet for example? Can one cycle drunk or the wrong way down a one way street? I know what goes on and what is supposed to go on are entirely different but can anyone tell me what the laws are if any?

Apologies to the Moderators if I have posted this in the wrong place.

Are there any laws regarding cycling here? Do I have to wear a helmet for example? Can one cycle drunk or the wrong way down a one way street? I know what goes on and what is supposed to go on are entirely different but can anyone tell me what the laws are if any?

Does it matter what the law is here - it's not implemented so why bother? For cyclists, as opposed to motorcyclists, I doubt any police care if u wear a helmet or not, go down the street the wrong way or are drunk. But it might matter if u are involved in an accident and damage property or persons - then it may be used as a lever to get cash out of you. As a cyclist myself, I have heard that cycling on the pavement is allowed - but again - don't hit anything!

Does it matter what the law is here - it's not implemented so why bother? For cyclists, as opposed to motorcyclists, I doubt any police care if u wear a helmet or not, go down the street the wrong way or are drunk. But it might matter if u are involved in an accident and damage property or persons - then it may be used as a lever to get cash out of you. As a cyclist myself, I have heard that cycling on the pavement is allowed - but again - don't hit anything!

i agree with the above reply but you have been here a long time so you should know the way the law works.

do you think your health here may be better improved if you did wear a helmet and did not cycle drunk or against the traffic flow. just a thought!

i think you should make your own mind up and not just ask what the law proscribes!

i agree with the above reply but you have been here a long time so you should know the way the law works.

do you think your health here may be better improved if you did wear a helmet and did not cycle drunk or against the traffic flow. just a thought!

i think you should make your own mind up and not just ask what the law proscribes!

I am not the maniac you seem to think I am, caf! :o I do not cycle when drunk [tipsy once in a while maybe] at breakneck speed down congested one way streets with my hands behind my head. What I am getting at is - could a policeman LEGALLY charge me with any traffic violation if I were to do so? I am not talking about a Mia Noi could do with a new skirt "Traffic violation."

Thanks for both replies so far.