German Pub In Doi Saket

earlofwindermere

I'm not talking about the Microbrewery behind Carrefour. I've heard about a drinking hole out in Doi Saket that is apparently popular with the German community because of its beer. I know that there is a german sausage place out there but I don't think that this is the place. Anyone know details about this pub?

I'm not talking about the Microbrewery behind Carrefour. I've heard about a drinking hole out in Doi Saket that is apparently popular with the German community because of its beer. I know that there is a german sausage place out there but I don't think that this is the place. Anyone know details about this pub?

Living in Doi Saket and I've never heard of it but would also be interested.

Again all I can think of is the Microbrewery and the GM food factory/restaurant which has German food and beer - which I imagine is the what you describe as the German sausage place.

Strange... I've met met two different German groups (and had a friend who also met a different German guy) who all said that the best beer in Chiang Mai is a place in Doi Saket. Unfortunately, I don't have the contact info of the German guys so I can't find out where.... but it wasn't the microbrewery (even though their beer is quite good as well).

If it is Gunther's place, which is addressed Doi Saket, but quite a ways out of the village, then you are missing out on a fantastic food treat......

I say missing out on because,,,,,,,, you can't get there from here.

There are people still driving around out there in the wilds who haven't been seen in months.....

To the best of my knowledge he doesn't have his own beer though,,,,,, strictly stock items,,,,,, but enough of it , if you get there early......before Gunther gets up.

If you think this may be the place then post back and I'll try and get you there...

gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Hello Gonzo. This may be the place. Do you have details?

When you say "stock items," is there more selection than chang, singha, leo and heinecken?

These were the details Gonzo gave last time this subject came up. I recommend you start from the Doi Saket side. Not easy to find.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2352436

I feel sure that the place being discussed is GM German Food, I've spoken to a few expats who have lived in the Doi Saket area for a number of years and they all mention GM but don't know of any other. I haven't visited the place for a couple of years but the Sunday Buffet was a ridiculously low price, If memory serves me right a bottle of imported German Beer cost nearly the same amount as the meal around 150 baht? As I say it was a couple of years ago and prices may have changed.