Trains To Trat

KMixon

Just wondering if there were any trains that go to Trat. I have looked at some of the schedules but some are saying yes, others are not mentioning it. I know you can fly there but I am hoping to cut down on spending too much for plane tickets. Also, if there are not any trains, how long does it take a bus to get there from Bangkok? Is it better/faster to go in a taxi? Will they even take you that far? If you have other suggestions on how to get there, somewhat easily and inexpensivly, I would appreciate hearing them. Thanks so much!!

I meant to post this in the travel section. oops. If someone will move it for me that would be great! sorry.

Edited by KMixon

Im moving this to the travel forum

OP, you posted it in the farand pub and entertainment section, which might not get you a lot of response :o

good luck

yes, sorry about the incorrect locale for my OP. I realized that right after I did it.

I still would like to know about the ways to get to Trat.

Thanks a billion!

No trains to Trat,

You can take a tourist bus from any travel agency in Khaosan road that will cost you about 250/300 baht including the ferry for koh chang, they usually leave at around 8:30 in the morning and arrive in Laem Ngop at around 4pm. You can also go to ekamai and get a local bus for about the same price.

Ok, thanks. I figure we will just take the bus. I really don't want to take a bus from khaosan road though. It seems all the bad bus stories come from people who took a bus from there. how long does it take? 3-4 hours?

How much would it be to take a car with driver? where would I go to arrange that?

Thanks!