Fake Alcohol In Bangkok Club

Suttisan

Hi I'm quite new to this forum, I don't normally post on here but thought I should share this. I went to Spice Club on Sukhumvit soi 11 on Saturday night with a few friends, we bought a tiny bottle of Red Label at the cost of 1600 baht, the price of the bottle wasn't the problem but the content just wasn't right, it tasted ok but didn't really get us drunk. Anyway to cut a long story short me and my friends have had a hangover for the last four days, it just isn't normal we have also experienced a taste of blood in our mouths.

I still feel like shit this morning, I think we may decide to go to the hospital if this continues for another day. I just thought I would let you know and see if anyone has experienced anything similar and how long before tha hangover wears off. I bought the remainder of the whisky home with me, I guess there isn't anywhere I could get it tested to see what kind of shit has been put in it by either the club or their supplier.

I don't actually know how I would test it, any ideas where I could do that?

Make sure the top is on tight and give the bottle a good shake. Let it stand and see how long it takes for the froth to dissipate.

If after a few seconds the bubbles have disappeared the scotch is real

otherwise if the froth remains for a long time - it is fake!

A simple but reliable test.

interesting....like to knoe the results suttisan

just a little bit of froth stayed, so maybe it isn't fake but not sure why we are feeling like this as that is all we drank unless someone spiked our drinks when we weren't looking, maybe something was in the ice bucket? i guess we will never know but i think the chances are it is the whisky, as I have heard about this sort of thing before.

Nah, I have similair experience but not a hangover bad feeling for day's.

When I drink real genuine brand (from taxfree for example) never have hangover/headache.

When I visit some bar and have a few drinks 70% of the time I feel like a trainwreck the next day.

Just drink lot's of juice and water you should be fine.

No worries if your drinks would be spiked you would have woken up in some soi the next day.

You could be right Alex - but I only recall getting suspect drinks (totally wrong taste) on less than a handful of occasions ever. I've lost count of the times that I reckon they've been caned (watered down) or too sparing in shot quantity, but drinks can also taste as though they're caned/weak if the mixer they use is flat. On the other hand, you're just as likely to end up getting over strength (genuine) drinks in the ladybar type bars - to keep you there and get you p!ssed and generous.

If you still have the bottle test it against a genuine bottle

If its suss take it to the police station near nana and tell them to check it out... failing that go back and buy another bottle and if it is as you say, confront the bar manager and save a few souls lives...

Watering down whisky in Thailand is pretty normal, however if they are getting sophisticated with the bottle tops one has to ask why?

Unless its revenge and spite by some of the disgruntled bar tenders who hate the drunken farangs each night and have formulated phemaldahide and battery acid to eliminate the farang ki nok species. either way nothing would suprise me here!

I was spiked once in RCA 6 years ago during a songkran festival, i was unconcious for 24 hours and woke up completely starkers in a strange place,

Thankfully someone helped me and it took 4 thais to take me back to their place - i was lucky or i may have been dropped off some bridge or dumped in a local Klong.

Dont drink it if it tastes funny - the chances are pretty high here that it is funny!

Well

I was being merry and it was during my first ever week in Thailand, where we are all easy to spot...

during the crazy water fights in RCA i stumbled upon a table of Thai Guys on my way to the bar.

They said 'happy Songkran farang' and raised their glasses to me, i raised mine and we downed our drinks.

As i was about to leave they said no no, have another drink and filled up my glass....

They said cheers and again, and down the hatch...

Thats all there was too it (my fault entirely for trusting them)

About 10 mins later i had managed to reach a table whom i had previously been chatting too, they seemed genuine and witnessed me collapse.

They said that nothing would wake me up and it took 4 of them to carry me down the street to a taxi (i recall nothing for 24 hours after that)

Anyways.... Just be careful guys, i was lucky (and no it wasnt the alcohol that had that effect on me)

• 2 weeks later...