Difficulties Meeting Nice Girls In Thailand

sambai

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 is too old for a respectable 26 year old educated, westernised Thai women to take seriously. From the sounds of it you're lucky you got so far with her. Plenty of older businesswomen here who would be more appreciative and have more in common. Contrary to others, you certainly don't have to try hard to keep things going usually. You could try the personal ads in BK mag etc.

Really...Better tell my wife that. Me 41 - She nearly 25. :o

Carl,are you experienced then or BS

I'm experienced, but not as a 41 year old. As a resident who listens and notices what educated, westernised Thai women go for. Why, do you disagree that a 41 year old may find it very hard to bag the above? (note I didn't say 26 year old countrygirl working in lower office jobs in Bangkok who's desperately seeking marriage before she turns 30).

Dont listen to other people who are talking about money, coz these people know only one type of girls in Thailand. :o

Trouble is Mark, the VAST majority of Foreigners who come here only meet " that " type of Girl...

no, trouble is those peole are taking the piss and you are too obtuse to see it.

Obtuse aye ??

That's not very nice is it ??

They're not taking the p*ss anyway, & you know it..:D

What does TS stand for anyway out of curiosity cos when i do a Google Search, it seems to come in as something a little...... errrr.....strange to say the least ???

I'm experienced, but not as a 41 year old. As a resident who listens and notices what educated, westernised Thai women go for. Why, do you disagree that a 41 year old may find it very hard to bag the above? (note I didn't say 26 year old countrygirl working in lower office jobs in Bangkok who's desperately seeking marriage before she turns 30).

It would depend on the 41yr old I think.. Some 41yr olds would find it very easy.. :o

Does anyone else on in this forum have experience of dating "normal" Thai girls? I have spent the past couple of weeks wining and dining some of them but it's not been too successful. I am 41 years old, still look reasonably young, but I'm beginning to think I'm too old for them.

I don't know quite what happened but a couple of weeks ago I suddenly had several 'dates' to go out with - maybe I was just in the right place at the right time. However, none of them have turned out to have much in the way of warmth or compassion. Contrast this with my previous Isaan girl - there is no comparison.

The best one was a girl I met at the bank. She comes from a fairly rich, educated family and speaks fluent English. She is not in the slightest bit "Thai" in her outlook. She has lived and studied abroad.

I have been dating her for a week and we've had tremendous fun. We went to Sirocco restaurant at the top of State Tower. We had lots of nice days together. Last week she was talking of introducing me to her family. She started speaking about the future and including me in it.

But today she's had a go at me for spelling her name incorrectly in my text messages (I write Thai but this was in English, so my mistake I guess). Yesterday I took some fruit to her office as a romantic gesture. She really didn't like me coming to the office. Now she's suddenly stopped replying to me.

Is this par for the course with normal Thai girls with slightly older foreigners like me? Are they simply not interested? Admittedly this girl is not conventional Thai. She doesn't go to the temple and she doesn't like the "Thai institution". She is 26 years old and slightly old-fashioned in outlook.

Any advice as to how to 'win her' back would be appreciated!!! Feeling pretty sh**ty about it at the moment. I can't understand why my two misdemeanours are so bad.

Words fail me...

You would have thought at 41 years old....... How do these people manage to function?

'dating her for a week' .... 'win her' back - you never had her, mate. :o

No one really ''has'' her. You simply loose your turn.

you can not just rock up at her office,theres a dam good chance she is sleeping with some bloke from that office,and now has to explain who the hel_l you are.

you have known her all of a week,and thats a flamming long time.

she has an overseas education and you go and spell her name all wrong,well i wouldnt be the least surprised if she <deleted> you over that.

these classy birds in Bangers expect a little bit more than fruit baskets mate,,tidy your act up for a start!

and dont think just because you read a different thread about what goes on up country with flashing around fruit baskets that its gonna have the same effect here.

i wish you the best of luck,and a few small changes will get you bent into shape and ready for another crack at this bird.

Give her some space, and let her contact you. You seem like you are pushing too much and rather clingy.

It seems like he realised how lucky he was to get a girl possibly out of his league, and is now trying every trick in the book to claw back the chance.

Hhahahahahahaha.. one week and she was already putting you in the future, introduce the family and expecting you to remember the correct spell of her name? (I bet is a thai name).. omg... she is a freak, and sorry to say, but... so are you.

You really look as normal something that fast? are you in such a hurry? sad.

I met a nice girl selling clothes here in Pattaya. Just put down the beer bottle for once, clean up, and behave. Now this girl is marriage material, no bar type. I take her back to her room for free. Maybe there is something serious down the road, who knows. :o

runner, at what point did the op suggest that he is drinking or meeting girls in bars? Not every male in Thailand shares the same interest in the bar scene. Bit tired of reading posts which seem to have that assumption. I wish your 'marriage material' girl good luck, hope you treat her with respect and consideration.

As for the OP, well, you have already had so many suggestions as is, so no point in me adding to it.

I met a nice girl selling clothes here in Pattaya. Now this girl is marriage material, no bar type. I take her back to her room for free.

Many hookers take a break from the trade sometimes and pretend to be "good girls" while bedding young, handsome men for free. They know that it is much easier to get men to fall in love with them if they give it up for free.

Be careful! :o

Being young can be an advantage. Lacking sense of humour is not.

i don't see it necessary to take humor or make jokes at other's misfortune. perhaps, he is actually an attractive 40 year old. i will take his word for it. too many here seem to be trying to prove stuff to themselves, primarily that they are better than others and that everyone else's life experiences are the same as there's.

Sambai.

You've been slapped around a fair bit in this thread.

Lessons learned? Now, move on. Millions of single girls out there!

Good luck and take your time. :o

PS. I fancy one of the DTAC shop girls, do you think I have a chance at 95? :D

Edited by GungaDin

Leave her to simmer for a while, and in the meantime ask one of her friends out for lunch at an expensive restaurant. Try to pick the ugliest one, and do not mention "your friend" all the way throught lunch. The grapevine is the most reliable form of communication in Thailand :o If all else fails.....................move on......

I met a nice girl selling clothes here in Pattaya. Now this girl is marriage material, no bar type. I take her back to her room for free.

Many hookers take a break from the trade sometimes and pretend to be "good girls" while bedding young, handsome men for free. They know that it is much easier to get men to fall in love with them if they give it up for free.

Be careful! :o

hooker or not she is after one thing. NOONE goes to Pattaya for nothing.

Does anyone else on in this forum have experience of dating "normal" Thai girls? I have spent the past couple of weeks wining and dining some of them but it's not been too successful. I am 41 years old, still look reasonably young, but I'm beginning to think I'm too old for them.

I don't know quite what happened but a couple of weeks ago I suddenly had several 'dates' to go out with - maybe I was just in the right place at the right time. However, none of them have turned out to have much in the way of warmth or compassion. Contrast this with my previous Isaan girl - there is no comparison.

The best one was a girl I met at the bank. She comes from a fairly rich, educated family and speaks fluent English. She is not in the slightest bit "Thai" in her outlook. She has lived and studied abroad.

I have been dating her for a week and we've had tremendous fun. We went to Sirocco restaurant at the top of State Tower. We had lots of nice days together. Last week she was talking of introducing me to her family. She started speaking about the future and including me in it.

But today she's had a go at me for spelling her name incorrectly in my text messages (I write Thai but this was in English, so my mistake I guess). Yesterday I took some fruit to her office as a romantic gesture. She really didn't like me coming to the office. Now she's suddenly stopped replying to me.

Is this par for the course with normal Thai girls with slightly older foreigners like me? Are they simply not interested? Admittedly this girl is not conventional Thai. She doesn't go to the temple and she doesn't like the "Thai institution". She is 26 years old and slightly old-fashioned in outlook.

Any advice as to how to 'win her' back would be appreciated!!! Feeling pretty sh**ty about it at the moment. I can't understand why my two misdemeanours are so bad.

As anywhere in the world NEVER follow a girl... she should be the one who tries to follow.

And the situation is really extreme in Thailand, just think (and tell her?): how many of you in this country and how many of her ?

Sounds arrogant but it's true, and it helps to put things at their place...

Dont listen to other people who are talking about money, coz these people know only one type of girls in Thailand. :o

Trouble is Mark, the VAST majority of Foreigners who come here only meet " that " type of Girl...

no, trouble is those peole are taking the piss and you are too obtuse to see it.

Obtuse aye ??

That's not very nice is it ??

They're not taking the p*ss anyway, & you know it..:D

What does TS stand for anyway out of curiosity cos when i do a Google Search, it seems to come in as something a little...... errrr.....strange to say the least ???

ts are my initials. read into them what you will.

Edited by t.s

Do not send the letter, I know you are not taking the letter yourself but its still invasive and to be honest mate a bit too on top, you will chase her away. you have made the move with the sms and its up to her to reply.

One way to go would be to send her sms and tell her you will be in a certain restaurant at a certain time and invite her, tell her you would like to see her. if she doesn't turn up then forget her

That sounds like a good advice.

i wasn't aware that advice fit into the countable noun category.

beyond that it sounds like lousy advice.

Is it only me that views this statement as contradictory?

quit being so desperate. its unbecoming.

Judging by your avatar I wouldn't have thought giving advice on woman problems as your forte

judging from your avatar i wouldn't expect you could form sentences, but then you cant believe everything you see on the interenet can you?

Edited by t.s

^total spastic ?

the hostility continues even after i adopted this avatar in your honour?

the lack of gratitude stings sir, now run along and play with your gun.