Get Married To Thaiwoman

pavina

A legal marriage is a legal marriage, regardless of where you do it. I've never registered mine at the Embassy (after getting the affirmation of freedom to marry & legally registering the marriage at the Amphur) but you would need to get the relevant paperwork from your Embassy to get legally married in Thailand, so they would have it on record.

I have never been qestioned when I came back to the UK to live with my husband & my thai wedding cert with a translation in English was enough to change my name.

This record may affect your pension should you ever get caught out, as in, they would stop it or ask that you pay back the amount you have fraudulently claimed from it. (not judging just stating how the pension company would veiw it)

Give us some back ground, such as what is you country of nationality, would you be living there with your wife or in LOS?

edited as I didn't make sense :o

Edited by Boo

A legal marriage is a legal marriage, regardless of where you do it. I've never registered mine at the Embassy but you would need to get the relevant paperwork from your Embassy to get legally married in Thailand, so they would have it on record. I have never been uestioned when I came back to the UK to live with my husband & my thai wedding cert with a translation in English was enough to change my name.

This record may affect your pension should you ever get caught out, as in, they would stop it or ask that you pay back the amount you have fraudulently claimed from it.

Give us some back ground, such as what is you country of nationality, would you be living there with your wife or in LOS?

im danish. and i will keep my address in denmark so she willstay in thailand

If I understand your posts then you would be living in Thailand full time & your wife to be would never live in Denmark?

In this instance you may get away with not divulging your marriage & then not lose on your single persons pension but if your cicumstances changed & you moved back to Denmark with your wife then you may have problems.

Also, if you had a pension that was transferrable on your death, your wife wouldn't be eligable, something to think about maybe if you are older & want to provide for your wife after you are gone.

Maybe call the company & ask them some random questions but include the things you want to know. That way they wouldn't be suspicious of what you are asking & then you would have the facts to make a better informed descision :o