4.5 M King Cobra Trapped In Nathon M. 4

So how do you go about capturing something that big and deadly alive?

Didn't you learn anything at college? :o

You delegate the job to the person below you on the organisation chart. Then he does similar and so on until the person at the bottom, on the lowest pay rate, walks in and simply picks the thing up. Then you all gather round and criticise the guy for not following company procedure and tell him how you would have done the job better. :D

Delegation : the managerial art of work and risk avoidance. :D

Yep, one BIG OLD SNAKE! :wai::P:o:D:D Never fear a Big Snake, in most cases you will see it and keep your SPACE, it the little rascals that you can't see in time and might get a NASTY Bite :D:D

If i ever stepped into a king cobra i´m not sure i take your world for it. A bite from those are pretty deadly!

Or as they say in the cobra sho in the crocodile farm "no reason to worry, Bkk hospital have serum". :jerk:

That's a pretty lucky cobra!

Last time we found a king cobra in the garden it didn't last very long. We rang police and they refered to an ambulance mob that arrived within surprising 5 minutes. I was online in the meantime checking numbers and making calls for help (for cobra). I called Samui Zoo who declined to take the snake since they don't have snakes. They refered me to Snake farm but their phone was unattended in the evening.

I just managed to come out when the ambulance people started to "play" with the snake with a 3 m long bamboo stick lying around. There was no slightest attempt to capture the cobra alive and it was bashed to death and put into the sack in 3 minutes. I was sorry to see it go since it was a nice 2 m specimen that I only saw at Zoo's before. Now I think the reason the ambulance turned up so fast was, I was told, that snakes are considered a very good meal and an aphrodisiac as well. It probaby finished on someone's table that evening. I wonder what did the Nathon cobra do to deserve it's survival .. really lucky!

there is a guy called phil, he does 'samui snake rescue' and will come to your house as fast as he can if you call him in snake-emergency

phone 0896635085.

nice bloke and catches the snake alive, releases them somewhere in the mountain where is no housing area...

there is a guy called phil, he does 'samui snake rescue' and will come to your house as fast as he can if you call him in snake-emergency

phone 0896635085.

nice bloke and catches the snake alive, releases them somewhere in the mountain where is no housing area...

Yes,as Elfe says, call Phil. Snake farm is not the answer.

phone 0896635085.

Yes,as Elfe says, call Phil. Snake farm is not the answer.

I'll third that about Phil even though it seems, in this case, the Snake Farm done the Job...

Removed this little fellow from our house today - Chrysopelea_ornata aka Ornate Paradise Tree Snake,

Golden Tree Snake, Ornate Flying Snake or Golden Flying Snake.

Venomous but not deadly.

Of many herpetologists concidered to be one of the worlds most beautiful snakes.

Sixth snake removed from our house in last 8 months. :o

post-32229-1237905339_thumb.jpg

Removed this little fellow from our house today - Chrysopelea_ornata aka Ornate Paradise Tree Snake,

Golden Tree Snake, Ornate Flying Snake or Golden Flying Snake.

Venomous but not deadly.

Of many herpetologists concidered to be one of the worlds most beautiful snakes.

Sixth snake removed from our house in last 8 months. :D

post-32229-1237905339_thumb.jpg

Hi Tony,

Looks beautiful, but still a snake.What did you do with it? Better still which area do you live in? I get rather jumpy with them around. :o

Rooo,

Most definitely your are in greater danger moving around in the Samui traffic than the danger

snakes ever will cause you.

Just give the snake a chance to escape and he will.

The problem with this little fellow was that he had moved into our house without invitation. :o

Since I do have some experience handling snakes, I always take care of the snakes myself.

What I normally do is with a small stick to help me put them in a trashbin - then I take the bin

a few hundred meters away from the house and then release the snake.

I do understand that many people feel uncomfortable with snakes and for those people I recomend

Samui Snake Rescue as mentioned above.

Easiest way to keep big snakes away from your house is to be careful with your trash.

Trash attracts rats, and rats attracts big snakes.

More difficult with little fellows like the one I caught today since they often feed on geckos, insects,

different kind of rodents, bird eggs and other things that are harder to keep away from your house.

One reason why we got so many snakes around could be the large amount of frogs, which is very

popular food among many species of snakes.

We live on the hillside in Lamai, but I've seen plenty of snakes in Chaweng and Bophut hills as well.

Normally less snakes where the population is more dense - one of many reasons to that is that most

people kill all the snakes they see.

All in all - relax, there are more important and more dangerous things to bother your mind with. :D

Tony

I bet you dollars to doughnuts that you cannot find this cobra at the Samui Snake farm now. I'm guessing it has long-since digested in some people's stomachs.

Of many herpetologists considered to be one of the worlds most beautiful snakes.

Come on...

The coral snake is much more amazing....

And the rhyme we learned growing up was:

"Red and yellow, kill a fellow; red and black, venom lack."

This king snake is harmless.

• 4 weeks later...

A KOH Samui resident got the shock of his life when he found a most unwelcome guest lurking in his house—a king cobra.

cobra.jpg The surprise house guest

Bansai Phentid, 45, of 55 Moo 4, Angthong subdistrict, momentarily froze in terror before regaining his presence of mind and called the Samui Rescue (see story on this organization on p. 28). Samui Rescue in turn asked the help of a snake catcher from the Samui Snake Farm as it was a venomous snake. It was believed that the 4.5-meter-long reptile, which weighed 4 kilograms, could have come from the forest in search of food.

The snake catcher said that the snake was a female king cobra, which is the largest of the venomous snakes. It was also the biggest king cobra ever found on Samui.

Moreover, it was pregnant, according to the catcher. The snake expert said it might be trying to find a safe place to lay egg, and usually this is a place near a house where it can find food easier.

The expert warned that if any resident finds a snake in his house, he should call for help or 911. Catching a snake by oneself could lead to death, he said. —

http://news.samuiexpress.net/unwanted-gues...king-cobra.html