Uk Settlement

i just hope that i get this visa crap out of the way so i can enjoy my life with my wife instead of feeling like all im doing each day is waiting for it to be approved and also everybody who applied after me it gives you guys some idea things are moving forward...... knowing mine and chewy's luck everyone will get the visa before us! what did we do to deserve this!!!?

we need someone who works inside the embassy to look at these post's and maybe understand our frustration

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My son spoke to someone this morning at Embassy and they said that they havn't even started on his application but they would this week...15 weeks on Wednesday :D:D:D:D:D

I cant believe it I dont know what we can do next I am so angry!!

Kate that is the same answer we got over the phone on the 29th June after waiting 15 weeks the same as your son, They told us to contact the VFS the following Thursday the 2nd July for the answer but still nothing.

My MP sent a fax and e-mail last Thursday 16th with my letter as an attachment, fat lot of good that did. Wednesday will be 18 weeks for us.

I am now wondering if there is a monthly quota of visas handed out, or just a big cock up with the overload of applications. A statement on the home embassy page would be a small amount to ask.

18 weeks is an absolute disgrace, are you anywhere near to the 90 working days when 99% of visa applications are meant to have a decision

Sent an email to my MP and nothing back yet

She did say something like 'do you realise how many visa applications we get every day' to my son but he cant remember the figure she quoted...think he lost his temper in the end :)

Found this below on this link http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/custo...rvicestandards/

Our agreed standards are:

· To complete 90% of straightforward*, non-settlement applications in not more than a week**, 98% in not more than 2 weeks, and 100% in not more 12 weeks.

· To complete 90% of non-straightforward***, non-settlement applications in not more than 3 weeks, 98% in not more than 6 weeks and 100% in not more than 12 weeks.

· To complete 95% of applications for settlement visas in not more than 12 weeks and 100% in not more 24 weeks.

*A straightforward application can be decided on the basis of the application and the supporting documents submitted without the need for further enquiries or more detailed scrutiny.

** A week is defined as 5 working days.

***A non-straightforward application requires more time to be decided, for example if more detailed enquiries or a personal interview are needed

We may need to change these standards without prior notice due to exceptional circumstances, changes in government policy or for operational reasons.

I feel the same way as everyone else on here. I'm at 10 weeks tomorrow. but every day/week that goes by I think the waiting time is just getting longer. It say's on the VFS website BUSY PERIODS. How long can a busy period last?

I thought working for the British Navy would give me a little lea-way or at least there would be someone that would give me help, after all there are some high ranking officers who could argue the toss for me. Plus we get told all the time that the Navy is now Family orientated. They care as much as the embassy in Bangkok. :)

The wife and I are so fed up and angry. Only probably another 2000 days to the visa is processed.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P

if the backlog is so big why carnt they do more overtime or take on extra staff

they say the£600 for a settlement visa is for adim fees my arse just another tax by the british goverment

if it takes much longer if my wife gets her visa she will have to go for another tb test more money

we are at the mercy of the good old british goverment yet again and thers jack shit we can do about it

makes you proud to be british :)

Hi everyone. I reside in Thailand and I am just waiting for my house sale (in Thailand) to go through before submitting my wife's settlement visa (we need to show we have savings as I do not have a job to go back to, although I do have a house which is mortgage free in the UK). Anyway, the wife of a friend submitted her settlement visa application on or about 7 April and she was granted her visa about 2 weeks ago and is now in the UK with her husband. Due to the frustration of the processing time her husband (at about 2 months in) had his MP fax the Visa section on his behalf, the reply to the MP was that the applicant would just have to bide her time like everyone else. My friend then paid a visit to his local UKBA office and asked if they could contact BKK on his behalf, the staff he spoke to said they would if he wished them to, however if they did it would probably mean that the BBK staff would consider it as one branch interferring in another branches work and would be detrimental to his wife's application. I guess at the end of the day we are hostages to the system and I am not looking forward to the several months processing time myself. Just thought I would post the experience of my friend with contacting the BKK staff. Good luck to all of you still awaiting to hear from 'those that are a law unto themslves'.

Hi everyone. I reside in Thailand and I am just waiting for my house sale (in Thailand) to go through before submitting my wife's settlement visa (we need to show we have savings as I do not have a job to go back to, although I do have a house which is mortgage free in the UK). Anyway, the wife of a friend submitted her settlement visa application on or about 7 April and she was granted her visa about 2 weeks ago and is now in the UK with her husband. Due to the frustration of the processing time her husband (at about 2 months in) had his MP fax the Visa section on his behalf, the reply to the MP was that the applicant would just have to bide her time like everyone else. My friend then paid a visit to his local UKBA office and asked if they could contact BKK on his behalf, the staff he spoke to said they would if he wished them to, however if they did it would probably mean that the BBK staff would consider it as one branch interferring in another branches work and would be detrimental to his wife's application. I guess at the end of the day we are hostages to the system and I am not looking forward to the several months processing time myself. Just thought I would post the experience of my friend with contacting the BKK staff. Good luck to all of you still awaiting to hear from 'those that are a law unto themslves'.

yeah i heard about this one from my agent. you just gotta be patient and let them get on with their jobs, i bet more visa's will be getting processed much quicker if they didnt have the hassle of people always calling and sending faxes to them. we just gotta face the fact that it could be upto 120 working days like they say

How far do you think you would get if you wrote to the papers.

Dean, unfortunately I feel not far. I believe joe public probably would not give a toss, indeed the wait times would probably be seen as positive, especially bearing in mind the news last month about Pakistani students attending so callled 'fake educational establishments', whether true or not.

Just discovered this forum and have been saddened to see the waiting times seemingly get longer and longer.

We applied on the 7th May for settlement visa and are now in the abyss along with many of you waiting to hear...anything!

How reliable is the VFS Global website with updating it's website with results? Since making the application my fiancee has had to change phone numbers and so she will not be able to receive notification via SMS.

I did email VFS on the 26th June advising them of this and asking what, if anything, we should do to amend the contact details on the application but no surprise the email has been met with total silence.

Hopefully they'll remember that they are meant to be providing a 'professional service' soon and start treating us like real people.

Suprich added to the list....

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks) MONDAY

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks) TUESDAY

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days) FRIDAY

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days) WEDNESDAY

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case) THURSDAY

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks) TUESDAY

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days) MONDAY

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days) MONDAY

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) THURSDAY

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days) WEDNESDAY

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) FRIDAY

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks) TUESDAY

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day) FRIDAY

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY Decision overturned 15/07 WEDNESDAY

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Jaja 20/3 granted 9/7 - (15 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Pudsey 23/3 granted 10/7 - (15 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Domm44 27/3

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks) WEDNESDAY

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day) MONDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks) THURSDAY

Mikeyp 03/4 granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Feasantplukka 03/4 Granted 14/7 - (14 week 4 days) TUESDAY

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica) granted 7/7 (12 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

ExoticMatter 09/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Jes5133 24/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case) WEDNESDAY

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Marky1600 05/05

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Suprich 07/5

dean999 12/5

Dont panic 13/05

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Johnokk 25/5

Ade2007 29/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinsschris 19/6

Thongkorn 23/6

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/7

Mon = 7

Tue = 6

Wed = 8

Thur = 5

Fri = 13

3 weeks into July and only 3 decisions so far this month...... what the h_ll are they doing in that Embassy?

they say the£600 for a settlement visa is for adim fees my arse just another tax by the british goverment

if it takes much longer if my wife gets her visa she will have to go for another tb test more money

we are at the mercy of the good old british goverment yet again and thers jack shit we can do about it

Scotland - small comfort I know, but you should be OK on the TB certificate. I've read on here that as long as it is valid on application you are OK.

From my experience of the Home Office and it's agencies (HM Prison Service), the way to get noticed was to get the Director General of that agency or a Government minister to start making enquiries.

The 'Golden Egg' would be to get such a minister to ask a question in Parliament, which, from my experience, would really get them working. Believe it or not, such questoins are really taken seriously. However, it might also mean that they are sidetracked tracking down the information and answering the minister's question itself, rather than ploughing through the applications...

If enough people were to contact their MP's, though, it might also provide the Embassy / Visa place with a good case to justify hiring more staff.

:):D:D:D YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D:D:D:D Today has been the best day in my life my wife has got her visa granted. It feels like the world has just droped of my shoulders..... im lost 4 words i just need to book some flights tonight....................

How far do you think you would get if you wrote to the papers.

Dean, unfortunately I feel not far. I believe joe public probably would not give a toss, indeed the wait times would probably be seen as positive, especially bearing in mind the news last month about Pakistani students attending so callled 'fake educational establishments', whether true or not.

Yep, agree about UK newspapers not giving a <deleted>. Maybe a couple of the more liberal newspapers would be interested but sadly that would not hold much sway with the powers that be.

An article in one of the English language Thai dailies could possibly be another matter. It could embarrass/shame the staff at a local level. Even if they did an hour or two extra once or twice a week (at the very least) would help things.

Just my 2 satang (and 600 quid fee :) )

Applied 11/05/09. Please add me to list.

Good luck to all.

what do they care? Reckon they've already formed their opinions about our TWs anyway. My wifes TB document ran out over a week ago and despite e-mails it made no difference what so ever.

Just discovered this forum and have been saddened to see the waiting times seemingly get longer and longer.

We applied on the 7th May for settlement visa and are now in the abyss along with many of you waiting to hear...anything!

How reliable is the VFS Global website with updating it's website with results? Since making the application my fiancee has had to change phone numbers and so she will not be able to receive notification via SMS.

I did email VFS on the 26th June advising them of this and asking what, if anything, we should do to amend the contact details on the application but no surprise the email has been met with total silence.

Hopefully they'll remember that they are meant to be providing a 'professional service' soon and start treating us like real people.

Don't expect them to be professional in any way. I firmly believe that they (regent house etc) are told by the embassy to be as unhelpful and useless as possible.

I telephoned them and asked how could I certify the passport copy, answer:- stoney silence and after repeating the question more stoney silence. It took 10 minutes for her to tell me to sign the back of a photocopy. I mean how difficult is that, she only told me to get rid of me of course.

There was a problem with my TWs application but they absolutely insisted for me not to go inside to help her; reason :- place was full. 10 minutes after a Thai family of 9 including 4 children were all allowed inside together. Find it hard to believe they were all applying for visas.

Good news Andy :)

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks) MONDAY

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks) TUESDAY

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days) FRIDAY

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days) WEDNESDAY

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case) THURSDAY

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks) TUESDAY

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days) MONDAY

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days) MONDAY

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) THURSDAY

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days) WEDNESDAY

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) FRIDAY

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks) TUESDAY

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day) FRIDAY

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY Decision overturned 15/07 WEDNESDAY

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Jaja 20/3 granted 9/7 - (15 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Pudsey 23/3 granted 10/7 - (15 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Domm44 27/3

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks) WEDNESDAY

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day) MONDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks) THURSDAY

Mikeyp 03/4 granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Feasantplukka 03/4 Granted 14/7 - (14 week 4 days) TUESDAY

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Lerningcurve 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4 Granted (14 weeks 6 days) Tuesday

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica) granted 7/7 (12 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

ExoticMatter 09/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Jes5133 24/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case) WEDNESDAY

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Marky1600 05/05

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Buzby 11/5

dean999 12/5

Dont panic 13/05

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Johnokk 25/5

Ade2007 29/5

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Hawkinsschris 19/6

Thongkorn 23/6

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/7

Mon = 7

Tue = 8

Wed = 8

Thur = 5

Fri = 13

Edited by chewy22

I have been looking at the UK border agency's business plan for April 2009 - March 2012. I found these points, thought people might be interested. If you look at the highlighted parts you will see where all are money is going. Plus I have highlighted a part that made me laugh. You can kind of work out why Visas have slowed down. Not work load. I might be looking to deep.

1. We will protect our border and our national interests.

We will strengthen our border.

We will count people in and out of the country.

April/ introduce new technology to help detect drugs and other illegal goods.

July/ start tough new visa controls, which will cover five countries.

August/ have completed delivery of new facial recognition technology in 10 terminals, giving British passengers a faster, secure route through the border.

December/ hit target to screen 120 million passengers entering and leaving the UK against security watchlists, and introduce a new high-tech security centre.

2. We will tackle border tax fraud, smuggling and immigration crime. We will target criminals.

March/ open a new immigration removal centre to help remove immigration offenders.

May/ be tougher on European criminals, removing European nationals who cause harm to our communities.

December/ deport a record number of foreign prisoners.

3. We will implement fast and fair decisions. (Made me laugh.)

We will control numbers coming to the UK to maximise benefits for Britain.

We will ensure fairness and reduce local impacts.

April/ use our points system to ensure migration matches the country’s needs in hard times.

April/ start charging migrants to create a multimillion pound fund to help manage the transitional impacts of migration.

November/ issue 75,000 compulsory identity cards to foreign nationals.

As you can all read the goverment has to get funds from somewhere and it looks like it's us thats paying.

I just want to say thank you for all your kind words. You guys and girls have really helped me through these last 15 weeks. If i cud i wud buy you all a drink :) I hope to fly out on friday to meet my wife and fly back with her next week so tonight i am buying flights for us. Good luck to you all still waiting from march it must be really hard for you. goodluck kate.........etc