Uk Settlement

thought i'd copy this onto page 15

I wonder how long it will take before the processing time returns to normal? Ie 2 weeks?

I suspect never. What with the changes to applying plus the influx of applications from Vietnam etc i suspect it will be unlikely to get much better than a month at best.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello

The first post i make is a most sad and distressing one for me,I live in the uk my thai wife and our 19 month old uk born daughter had a holiday in Thailand arrived 1/4/09 we submitted another settlement visa on 3/4/09 did the online application and submitted all the docs 3/4/09 tracking system states sent to uk embassy now i'm back in england wife and baby in isaan.Wife lands a bombshell and says she no longer wants to return to the uk to live with me and intends to keep our baby girl in Thailand the baby is british passport holder no dual nationality on a tourist visa valid 21/6/09.I still hope i can talk my wife round to return to uk with our baby once visa is issued but she is also talking of obtaining a thai passport also for our baby to counter any border runs and tighten her grip of custody of our baby.I realize there probably is no thai lawyers on here but i'm desperate for any help or advice.I've checked the net and seems embassy help is little to non and looks like dealing with Thai lawyers wise in family law is the other option.Though i hope i can sort our marriage out.Help anyone please.

Edited by muaylaosfalang

Hello

The first post i make is a most sad and distressing one for me,I live in the uk my thai wife and our 19 month old uk born daughter had a holiday in Thailand arrived 1/4/09 we submitted another settlement visa on 3/4/09 did the online application and submitted all the docs 3/4/09 tracking system states sent to uk embassy now i'm back in england wife and baby in isaan.Wife lands a bombshell and says she no longer wants to return to the uk to live with me and intends to keep our baby girl in Thailand the baby is british passport holder no dual nationality on a tourist visa valid 21/6/09.I still hope i can talk my wife round to return to uk with our baby once visa is issued but she is also talking of obtaining a thai passport also for our baby to counter any border runs and tighten her grip of custody of our baby.I realize there probably is no thai lawyers on here but i'm desperate for any help or advice.I've checked the net and seems embassy help is little to non and looks like dealing with Thai lawyers wise in family law is the other option.Though i hope i can sort our marriage out.Help anyone please.

I am unable to advise you but i hope someone here can. Perhaps it might be best to start a new thread of your own which may get more responses.

Good luck to those who have received replies. Mrburb, can you tell if I will win the lotto this week?

You won't.

Fair enough mrburb. Same probability of the Mrs. receiving a reply this week from our friends at the Embassy.

Good luck to those who have received replies. Mrburb, can you tell if I will win the lotto this week?

You won't. :D

Fair enough mrburb. Same probability of the Mrs. receiving a reply this week from our friends at the Embassy.

Hopefully you'll get yours within the next week or two :) I'm 3 days behind you.

I reckon we will be wooping up Kennkate very soon.

Not Today J

Just checked Status on Web site. Still same old story sent to Embassy on the 17/3

90 Days Up on 20th June Can do another Run to Mai Sai but dont want to.

Got another 3 weeks to get Visas And Book Flight Maybe Tomorrow. I live in hope

Just checked Status on Web site. Still same old story sent to Embassy on the 17/3

Same same..... no change here......

Talked to the wife yesterday - she has it in her head it will be another three or 4 weeks....... she think she unlucky.... :)

Talked to the wife yesterday - she has it in her head it will be another three or 4 weeks....... she think she unlucky.... :)

Same same here. No movement.

Wife is working hard on her luck going to the local Wat a lot recently. :D

The way I see it we should get ours tommorow.

Gypsymoths wife got hers yesterday and she put the application in on the 13th 4 days before ours BUT that included the weekend so 2 working days.

24 hrs ????????? Thats MY thinking And it's all wishfull. Maybe not the way it will go.

Plus having it sent up to Chang Mai maybe will have to wait untill the next day to collect.

I only hope it's not sent up on Fri.

I hope not, I'm banking on you hearing before the end of the week :D .....................we're four days behind you, and if we don't hear by next Thursday I'll have to do another visa run on the Friday. :D

I hope not, I'm banking on you hearing before the end of the week :D .....................we're four days behind you, and if we don't hear by next Thursday I'll have to do another visa run on the Friday. :D

BINGO,MY WIFE RECIEVED HER SETTLEMENT VISA TODAY

WAS THE LONGEST 10 MINITES OF MY LIFE WAITING ,WHILE MRS PICKED APPLICATION UP

IN BANGKOK NOW ,PARTICIPATING IN A SINGHAS TO CELRBRATE

GOOD LUCK EVERONE WAITING.SORRY ABOUT SPEELING AS IM DRUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Congratulations chanthas :):D

Edited by sumrit

Congrats Chanthas.......... Have a Singha for me!!!!

So whose next for good news???? Kennkates looking good!!!

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 ????? 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

alanr 07/5

Heh, heh, great news - talk about relief it must be! All the best to you both. The Singha's going to have to wait - I've just booked a ticket to BKK, fly next Tuesday. :D

Congratulation to you both.....

Just thought I'd move the list onto the current page.

tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - 10weeks 2 days

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - 10weeks 1 day

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - 9weeks

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 10 weeks 2 days

chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 10 weeks 4 days

Gypsymoth 13/3 ????? 25/5 10 weeks 3 days

Kennkate 17/3

Chewy 18/3

TheFiend 20/3

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3

fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3

Borodave 01/04

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

feasantplukka 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4

alanr 07/5

Hi Guys not been on the board a while as I am on my honeymoon in koh Chang have 1 more week in Thailand then back to the UK, the way it's looking I should hear something in the next 2/3 weeks but I don't mind the wait as it seems no one has been turned down yet which makes the wait a little better, Well done to all of you who get there visa's

Cheers

JT

Any updates?? Waiting patiantly!! Going crazy...

:) Think everybody must be getting used to the wait for news by now...........

Just hope i hear something within the next week or so...... I have got 2 and a bit weeks time off work starting this Friday....

the way it's looking I should hear something in the next 2/3 weeks but I don't mind the wait as it seems no one has been turned down yet?

Cheers

JT

Not totally true just seen & read a post in the visa section under the heading "waited 10 week and got a refusal" worth reading for anyone who wants scaring sh.....less, this guy must be gutted, an appeal apparently can take months :)

NO News here folks Wife is getting realy PeeeD of IF and I say IF we were to get news tomorow, It could be monday before we can collect from Chang Mai.

How do they inform you ? I keep thinking we will get a Text message.

Any ideas what time of the day or is it random ?

I take it they finish at 17.00 So Mr Burb Get back to your Crystal Ball

Your predictions are keeping my alive. Come on Mr Burb look carefully into the Crystal.

Web Site Same Old story

No updates from Gypsymoth yet regarding the result?

I do belive his wife is up North. He is coming out to Thailand on Tue.

Maybe he will meet her in Bangkok so it will be Tue or Wed before we find out

Fingers & toes Crossed for them Good Luck GM