Uk Settlement

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ooh yes all 90 :D looking for info from people in a similar situation to me...... self employed (limited company) :D and with only a 7 months relationship :) . However on the plus side i did find a very proactive and extremely helpful agency and was able to provide quite a lot of proof on relationship i.e , 4 trip records, photo's, 1-2 hours phone calls per day courtesy of Localphone (which allows you to print out you itemised bill...i had 54 pages)

so......gulp!...now i wait....

Hi all,

I am waiting for my UK settlement visa appeal result from British Embassy Bangkok.

Settlement UK visa Application: 16 March 2009

Visa Refusal: 17 June 2009

Reason: they don’t believe that we can maintain ourselves without recourses to public funds

Appeal submission date: 30 June 2009

More evidence submitted: 5 August 2009

British Embassy in Bangkok has to send my entire documents to Tribunal in England within 20 October if they decide not to overturn my case.

We are devastating about this entire situation. The reason are as follow; my husband and I didn’t work and been travelling around Thailand since we came back from England in September 2008. I went to England before on my own on the student visa and Work permit visa that's when I met my husband on 15 October 2006. We decided to take a year off work and travel to Thailand to get to know my family. We get married legally on 20 February and my husband went back to England on 17 May expecting I will get visa and follow him.

Our ground of appeal is he got a temporarily job with Agency straight after he got back to the UK. We supplied his letter of employment and pay slips and bank statements and everything. Also on 5 August, we sent embassy the letter of his new employment (new workplace), his savings etc. My husband tried to call Gerry Grant but Thai staff never put him through. I sent e-mail to Gerry Grant but it said he is out of office and will not be back until 31 August. What can we do to speed up our case?

I have also sent only 5 Pay slips from my husband work since he went back to England in late May and start his work with agency (one pay slip each week). His new letter of employment starts work in August 2009 (new pay slips to send to Embassy later). His bank Statements from May 22 to August 3, 2009. We also sent bank statement earlier since March 2009.My contact e-mail from some companies in England asking me for further job interview (to show that I have potential to get a job). We sent letter from sponsor, letter from me, my husband's parents etc. to explain the situation. I sent everything to Entry Clearance Manager by post. Also to Gerry Grant e-mail address but it replied back to me said that he is out of office and will not return until 31 August. My husband tried to ring embassy but he couldn’t speak to any English people. Also e-mail to [email protected] but no reply. We try everything we can now. I would like my case to be overturned quicker than 4mths. It took us already 2 months and 7 days since we appeal. Anyone is appealing for UK settlement visa and still waiting for hearing. Please give me suggestions.

To be fair the Appeals have to run there course, There maybe other people in the same position as you ,It is sad that you are in this position considering that England is full of wasters living on the Dole, And you appear to want to work , hope every thing goes well in your appeal.

As Thongkorn says, appeals run their course and, unless the new evidence submitted with the appeal persuades the Entry Clearance Manager to overturn the refusal, you are looking at a realistic minimum of 6 months for a hearing.

See Asylum and Immigration Tribunal for more on appeals.

You should consider legal representation if it does go all the way to the AIT.

Best of luck.

ooh yes all 90 :D looking for info from people in a similar situation to me...... self employed (limited company) :D and with only a 7 months relationship :) . However on the plus side i did find a very proactive and extremely helpful agency and was able to provide quite a lot of proof on relationship i.e , 4 trip records, photo's, 1-2 hours phone calls per day courtesy of Localphone (which allows you to print out you itemised bill...i had 54 pages)

im self employed buddy met my missus jan 08 and applied for fiance visit visa june 08 which we got. just told the truth and enclosed all original documents plus email history...warts and all. we were'nt too sure about our longer term plans at that time as i was toying with the idea of working/living in thailand but after she settled so well in UK i cocked up in december 08 and applied in the UK on FLR(M) which you cant do on any category of visit visa... thus our "settlement apps" have been dragging on for 8 months with about another 3 weeks to go. same as you been through all the 90 pages some of the self employed guys on here seem to have had stuff queried others sailed through.

Hope you both hear something soon! The waiting gets harder the closer it gets...

Totally agree that the waiting and the anxiety levels get harder the closer the decision time get's. It's horrible that people should have to go through it in my opinion, and then on the big day of the wife/husband/partner having to go to collect their passport at Regent House, still not knowing, and having to open that brown envelope to see if they have that visa stamped in the passport or not is outrageous, not nice at all, surely there must be a less dramatic and more humane procedure.

I found the worst thing with my wifes 2 previous applications (both successful fortunataley) one tourist, one settlement, was not having any contact from the Embassy, whatsoever, neither of us had a call/email/letter - nothing at all, just that long wait in silence.

Good luck to everyone waiting, hope you get the result you want.

If your marraige is already registered in Amper(Registry Office),then length of the relationship(whether 7 months or less) is immaterial as long as the marriage is genuine and subsisting. Length and proof of relationship becomes very important if one is not married(in Amper) and settlement/fiance visa is applied on the basis of a civil relationship. Self-employed status in itself should not be a barrier as long as there is documentary evidence to support your actual income etc and that's sufficient for you & your partner to live in the UK without recourse to public funds.UKBA website provides the necessary details.

See the long waiting times still going!!!

been away for a wee while so just catching up, Just read that CHEWY got the visa, well done mate. think u hold the record for the longest most stressful wait EVER. Not had a chance to read through all replies so don't know if your wife's with you in uk or your still in LOL, anyway good luck for the future my friend, you both deserve it.

My Wife arrived in UK on the 3rd of August. Due to TB cert being out of date, (because of the length of wait to get visa) they stopped her at immigration, she had to go for Xray at heathrow, did not give her results or speak to her just told her to go through arrivals and meet me. They did say that if anything showed up on xray they would contact me, not heard anything yet.

I waited just over one hour at arrivals (after her plane landed) still no sign of her, tried calling her no answer on her mobile, waited another 30 minutes, still no sign of her, started to get worried at this stage. Went to info desk at arrivals and asked them how do i contact border control, they pointed me in the direction of a phone at the other side of arrivals. Dialled the extension and spoke to the duty control officer, asked if my wife had came through, they could/ would not tell me anything. Really worried at this stage, went back to the barriers at arrivals and lo and behold she walked through after nearly two hours. It transpired after being told her TB certificate was out of date they "marched" her with a few others to the xray dept not telling her anything and asking them to turn phones off (hence why i could not get through to her). The thing that really f*****g annoyed me was that i did not know where the hel_l she was and border control knew she had came through but still not tell you as her husband anything. I am sure they just do it to piss you off even more and add more insult and anguish you have already endured waiting on the visa!!!!!!!

to all the folk still waiting, good luck

been away for a wee while so just catching up, Just read that CHEWY got the visa, well done mate. think u hold the record for the longest most stressful wait EVER. Not had a chance to read through all replies so don't know if your wife's with you in uk or your still in LOL, anyway good luck for the future my friend, you both deserve it.

My Wife arrived in UK on the 3rd of August. Due to TB cert being out of date, (because of the length of wait to get visa) they stopped her at immigration, she had to go for Xray at heathrow, did not give her results or speak to her just told her to go through arrivals and meet me. They did say that if anything showed up on xray they would contact me, not heard anything yet.

I waited just over one hour at arrivals (after her plane landed) still no sign of her, tried calling her no answer on her mobile, waited another 30 minutes, still no sign of her, started to get worried at this stage. Went to info desk at arrivals and asked them how do i contact border control, they pointed me in the direction of a phone at the other side of arrivals. Dialled the extension and spoke to the duty control officer, asked if my wife had came through, they could/ would not tell me anything. Really worried at this stage, went back to the barriers at arrivals and lo and behold she walked through after nearly two hours. It transpired after being told her TB certificate was out of date they "marched" her with a few others to the xray dept not telling her anything and asking them to turn phones off (hence why i could not get through to her). The thing that really f*****g annoyed me was that i did not know where the hel_l she was and border control knew she had came through but still not tell you as her husband anything. I am sure they just do it to piss you off even more and add more insult and anguish you have already endured waiting on the visa!!!!!!!

After how long do the TB certs go out of date?

After how long do the TB certs go out of date?

6 months from date of getting first TB xray

My wife had shadow on her lung on first xray taken mid december 08, had to wait the 8 weeks to see if all was clear, she got all clear about the 28th Feb 09, i went back to LOL on the 28th March to hand in visa settlement paperwork on the 3rd of April. The TB certificate expired on the 21st July, she got visa ok'd on the 26th July. Because she got visa when the TB certificate was still in date everything ok, I was just worried what would happen when she arrived in uk with out of date certificate. I was told by border control manager at heathrow that even with an out of date TB certificate they would NEVER turn someone away, they just send them for xray then tell them to go and meet thier partner at arrivals.

Just make sure you have an in-date TB certificate at the time you hand your settlemnt paperwork in at VFS.

just to let you guys know what immigration asked my wife at Heathrow, 3 questions and these where

What is your date of birth?

What is your husbands date of birth?

What job did you do in Thailand?

She was nervous and excited as hel_l when she was at immigration desk and gave the wrong answers to the first two questions, she got the bloody dates wrong!! no further problems he just handed back her passport and said "have a nice stay"

If you're traveling together, when you come through immigration in the UK both you and your wife/girlfriend are entitled to come through together and you can choose to go through either the EU or non EU channel,ie; whichever is shorter. Any questions tend to get directed to the British partner and if there are any holdups, such as TB xrays, then at least you're together and know what's going on. If you're married to a Thai and traveling together you can go through the Thai channel with your wife/husband at Bangkok airport as well.

if your going through terminal 2 at manchester get to the front of the queue quick,there must have been 150 people at each immigration channel and only 1 officer at each desk,i was at 6th in the queue and i waited about 30 to 40 minutes they were giving everyone a grilling too,apart from asking us to take passports out of covers he was okay the officer,but he had just pulled the 2 guys in front of us in the queue to pieces,so i think he was a bit glad for a easier customer,never asked for tb certs,took us about 5 minutes to get passport stamped.get asking me is it her 1st time in uk.his parting shot was dont forget to get her signed on with your doctor.nice man,lol

just to let you guys know what immigration asked my wife at Heathrow, 3 questions and these where

What is your date of birth?

What is your husbands date of birth?

What job did you do in Thailand?

She was nervous and excited as hel_l when she was at immigration desk and gave the wrong answers to the first two questions, she got the bloody dates wrong!! no further problems he just handed back her passport and said "have a nice stay"

Strange calender for them though in it :D

Just as well didn't ask the time that'll really confuse things :)

It seems to have gone dead again, There seems to be no movement after, Bukseeda, so near yet so far,

you're into your 12th week now buddy must be getting a bit twitchy... starts to get creepy as the waiting list edges towards your "turn".. best of luck for news in the next few days

It seems to have gone dead again, There seems to be no movement after, Bukseeda, so near yet so far,

you're into your 12th week now buddy must be getting a bit twitchy... starts to get creepy as the waiting list edges towards your "turn".. best of luck for news in the next few days

Yeah, it's a weird feeling. You start expecting the worst every day and assume there's going to be no news like every other day and then suddenly you'll get a phone call "i just got a message from the embassy"!

Good luck...

I think it might be that there are so few of us now waiting, not sure if this is a sign that less are applying for visas or just less are using this forum, perhaps 92 pages is putting a few people off reading and joining the list?

I think it might be that there are so few of us now waiting, not sure if this is a sign that less are applying for visas or just less are using this forum, perhaps 92 pages is putting a few people off reading and joining the list?

Lets do a "How long have you been waiting for a Settlemrnt Visa 2" :)