Inventions

fred2007

Thats rather a racist comment....if the person was born in South Africa or holds the passport, irrespective of their decent, they are Africans.... :D

Perhaps you should point that out to the likes of Idi Amin and Robert Mugabe :o

Not going to disagree with you... :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

YAKALT - you all forgot YAKALT:

Avalible from Walmart in the USA (and other good neighbourhood shops), and Tesco's and M&S in the UK (and other good neighbourhood shops), and Carrefour in France, and ....... on and on I could go.

It is one Thai consumer brandname well established on the Western supermarket & shop shelves.

Edited by Maizefarmer

Avalible from Walmart in the USA (and other good neighbourhood shops), and Tesco's and M&S in the UK (and other good neighbourhood shops), and Carrefour in France, and ....... on and on I could go.

It is one Thai consumer brandname well established on the Western supermarket & shop shelves.

You mean Yakult?

It's Japanese.

Which was rather sadly invented by a Japanese scientist.

Red Bull was inspired by an energy drink from Thailand called Krating Daeng.

which was copied from lipovitan , which was originally produced in japan.

Krating Daeng

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Bottle of Krating DaengNilk: The drink to potent to market. (Thai: กระทิงแดง) is a very sweet, non-carbonated energy drink. The drink is mostly sold in Asia but can be found in Australia where it is sometimes renamed "Thai Red Bull". [1]

The recipe is based on Lipovitan, an earlier energy drink that had been introduced to Thailand from Japan. Krating Daeng sales soared across Asia in the 1970s and 1980s, especially among truck drivers, construction workers and farmers. Truck drivers used to drink it to stay awake during the long late night drive. The working class image was boosted by sponsorship of Thai boxing matches, where the logo of two red bulls charging each other was often on display. While often translated as "Red Bull", the Thai name krating actually refers to the bull-like bovine gaur.

The Thai product was transformed into a global brand by Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian entrepreneur [2]. Mateschitz was international marketing director for Blendax, a German toothpaste company, when he visited Thailand in 1982 and discovered that Krating Daeng helped to cure his jet lag.[3]. He cooperated with T.C Pharmaceuticals, adapted the formula and composition to western tastes and launched Red Bull in 1987.

Who is knocking back Thailand? Its the truth........there is no leteral thinking here sufficient to develop something patentable and here are some statistics. in 1998 Thailand granted 1 patent per million people of population (ranked last on a list of 60 behind such powerhouses as Luxembourg, Mongolia, Kazakstan, a few other....Stans and Botswana. and the source is http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/eco_pat_...patents-granted

For more recent data

http://www.wipo.int/freepublications/en/pa...ipo_pub_931.pdf

in 2005 a total of 62 patents were granted to residents of Thailand behind Mongolia (114) Kazakstan (1,210 estimated) and Kyrgyzstan (70 estimated).

Or maybe nobody bothers applying for a Patent here due to the lax enforcement of IP laws.

What is the point of this tread?

All thais I have talked to, from taxi driver to uni proffessor, agree that thais are only good at copying things (and are they really?), and they cant innovate worth a dam_n. Except they have some advanced agricultural research.

In the end it comes down to living in a country were sheepish behaviour is encouraged.

Cheat ! :D They were invented in South Africa by the decendents of Europeans... Find me something invented by an indiginous African not the child of an immigrant...

Hmm, if that is the rule, cant be many inventions comming from Americans either then.

:o

My wife said to me today,

"Americans can fly to the moon, but they can't walk across the street and meet their neighbor." My reply was, "That is because that is too easy."

So what has Thailand bestowed upon the world.... I can't think of a thing really.

There is Norh Ltd makers of marble loud speakers, but that was developed by a farang.... so that is out.

This thread reminds me of one of Aesop's lesser known fables...

"The guy living in a cardboard box next to the palace bragging about how he invented bricks."

Similar to the "We won the premiership! ...No you didn't, you wouldn't even make the cut in the junior leagues!" fable.

:o

Red Bull was invented by an Austrian who worked for Unilever. So not much Japanese is it?

check your facts.

its based on a japanese energy drink (lipovitan) that was copied by the thais (krating daeng) and then adapted by the austrian for european tastes (red bull)