Pb Air Sced 29/03 -31/10/09

TBWG

Hi all

The new schedule for Buriram - Bangkok flights is out, and its good news!

For the period 29/03 -31/10/09 the flights have been increased from 3 per week to 4 and also flights at a more reasonable time

One way cost currently Baht 2,665 all in.

post-24662-1237522321_thumb.jpg

TBWG :o

• 2 weeks later...

A curse and a blessing at the same time. The times are crap for me and will necessitate a stay in Bangkok more often than not. Also, they have "lost" their Embraer jet and replaced it with a shared Bangkok Airways ATR 72. Thus flight times longer.

A curse and a blessing at the same time. The times are crap for me and will necessitate a stay in Bangkok more often than not. Also, they have "lost" their Embraer jet and replaced it with a shared Bangkok Airways ATR 72. Thus flight times longer.

Hi

FWIW

When I flew recently on the ATR I enquired about the Embraer RJ and was told it was undergoing a 'C' check.

TBWG :o

I first found out on a Wednesday flight a few weeks ago when the times had changed slightly and the plane was a Bangkok Airways one. I asked at Buriram and was told something about maintenance.

However, when subsequently booking, I asked again an was told, in a round about way, that it was due to the poor load factor. I know that as sometimes we had 10 people on board and rarely over 20. I asked last week at Bangkok when checking in and they said they might get the jets back if business improves.

So here is my summation. All flights are now ATR-72. They cannot have been using only one plane so all planes have been exchanged. The planes have come from Bangkok Airways, most likely from the Bangkok - Samui route.

Bangkok Airways have reduced capacity or have extra planes which PB Air have leased as cheaper options to the Embraer. I cannot see that it has anything to do with maintenance as you would not have all your planes go to the garage at the same time.

The new timings and planes are crap. Flights which previously often took a little over 35 minutes now take up to twice that. The morning schedule is no good for me at all.

On a further note, last Saturday I was due back on the last 4pm flight from Bangkok. At 15:45 they say that there would be a delay until 17:30. <deleted> I say. The plane was broken and they had to fly another one in from Samui to do the route. If it was a knock on delay from earlier, they would have known when checking in or way before 15:45. Eventually took off just before 18:00. Screwed my day up completely.