How To Switch Off A Connection?

TReasu

Ok, you've told us nothing about what system you're using, what you want to disconnect from, or anything helpful, so I'll just try to read your mind and hope this works :D :

If you want to disconnect totally from the internet, look in your taskbar at the bottom right-hand area of your screen, and there should be an icon that looks like two monitors sitting next to each other. Right-click on it, and click either 'disconnect' or 'disable'.

If you have zonealarm installed, maximize it and click the STOP button. Unclick it to reconnect.

Worse case scenerio, unplug your modem (dsl or external modem) or the cable from the wall.

Don't just hit 'reset' on your CPU, thats not good for your computer and nobody should advise you to do it.

cv

Next time please try to provide more details :o

Sorry cdnvic, have to come up with some lame solution as the OP did not post details of the problem.

That's ok,

I wouldn't mind so much when they leave you no info, but my crystal ball is the SCSI type, and you know how troublesome those can be. :o

cv

I would be interested to learn why hitting reset is a bad thing to do?

Lose unsaved info.....

May need to wait for scandisk when it reboots....

Had no idea what OS the poster was running, could only guess ...

And to disconnect from the internet its just overkill...

If it didn't matter there wouldn't be a shutdown procedure.

cv

hmm... Have a look at Armor2net Personal Firewall. Using it, you can shut off any connection that you consider it is dangerous to your computer. With the “Net State” feature, it shows the currently active connections of your pc and all the details of these connections. You can shut off any connection as you need.

I have the download link: http://www.armor2net.com

Hope this helps!

:o