Free Education For All.

My friend an myself have just been informed that due to the new rules,we are now unemployed.

The students were paying 400B per annum to pay our salaries. Now they are not allowed to pay, so no farang teachers. Anyone in the same position?

I feel like I've been dumped on by the government again.

My friend an myself have just been informed that due to the new rules,we are now unemployed.

The students were paying 400B per annum to pay our salaries. Now they are not allowed to pay, so no farang teachers. Anyone in the same position?

Employing foreigners to teach falls outside the free education system and it's up to the school if they want to do that and consequently employ foreign teachers. However the minister said the school would have to ask the parents' consent first before charging extra, and if a minority disagreed their kids would still have the right to learn, presumably free. I can see this leading to disagreements between parents. I'm wondering if this only applies to state schools.

If the parents of your students were only paying 400 baht per annum you must have been teaching an awful lot of kids to make it worthwhile for the school to pay your salary!

Employing foreigners to teach falls outside the free education system and it's up to the school if they want to do that and consequently employ foreign teachers. However the minister said the school would have to ask the parents' consent first before charging extra, and if a minority disagreed their kids would still have the right to learn, presumably free. I can see this leading to disagreements between parents. I'm wondering if this only applies to state schools.

If the parents of your students were only paying 400 baht per annum you must have been teaching an awful lot of kids to make it worthwhile for the school to pay your salary!

Yes mate, 789. Now 0.

Yes mate, 789. Now 0.

As stated previously the school can offer English with foreign teachers if the parents agree to pay the extra.

Perhaps your school asked the parents and they weren't willing, or maybe the school couldn't be bothered to send out so many letters for what was probably only one lesson a week.

Either way there's nothing to stop a school employing foreign teachers- if the parents agree.

Per