Cheapest Transport To Suvarnabhumi

I also would like to know.

I am taking the train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok.

I may get off either at Don Muang or Hualamphong station.

At Don Muang station, I believe I can take either bus 554 or 555 (not sure which)

If I arrive at Hualamphong station, I may wounder a bit by foot so I am flexible where I can pick up the bus. I read in another thread there is a bus at Victory Monument but don't know the number, the schedule or average time to go the airport at 10AM.

Any information would be appreciated

They are mutually exclusive.

The best way is a taxi.

The cheapest? is some other method.

If you are at Victory BTS - ride the train to Onnut & get a bus.

Better allow plenty of extra time.

Yes. I know they are. I have plenty of time. The train arrives at Don Muang at about 4:30AM and Hualamphong at 5:30AM. I don't have to be at the airport until 12:30PM

Does anyone know if there is a direct public bus within 1 hour walking distance from Hualamphong?

Does anyone know if the 554 or 555 is in short walking distance from the Don Muang station?

A meter taxi from the station will be around 200 250 baht, just how cheap are you ?????? :o

I can easily afford a limo but what does cheapness that have to do with my inquiry. I wanted to know if there was a public bus to the airport.

If I have the time, what is wrong with paying 30 or 35 baht for a local bus rather than taking a taxi for 600% to 700% more! Besides, I get to see all that city scenery in a AC bus.

Does anyone know if the 554 or 555 is in short walking distance from the Don Muang station?

Take the pass-over at DM railway station, find the taxi stand at arrivals, bus 554/555 stops behind the taxis.

Last time a bus employee was around, I had to wait 30 minutes, trip to Swampy lasted 45 minutes.

Take the pass-over at DM railway station, find the taxi stand at arrivals, bus 554/555 stops behind the taxis.

Last time a bus employee was around, I had to wait 30 minutes, trip to Swampy lasted 45 minutes.

Thanks. I appreciate the info. It will come in handy for the next person who searches for that information.

A friend told me about bus 551 from Victory Monument. I'll probably take it to airport.

I appreciate the info. It will come in handy for the next person who searches for that information.

A friend told me about bus 551 from Victory Monument. I'll probably take it to airport.

This very same info has been posted here at least 123 times -since swampy opened-the bus nrs (and yes, you can take BOTH-but 555 is a little quicker=more on motorway) have been here since that time-for any one able to use search.

do NOT first take BTS then bus from Onut (552)-this bus takes a roundabout route and is SLOWER as the 551 from Vict. Monum-plus the time in riding that BTS abnd changing twice.

Again: oh dear, why cannot those supposed knowledgeable expats from this forum-who always bragg about knowing it all-not even know the very basics??

I appreciate the info. It will come in handy for the next person who searches for that information.

This very same info has been posted here at least 123 times -since swampy opened-the bus nrs (and yes, you can take BOTH-but 555 is a little quicker=more on motorway) have been here since that time-for any one able to use search.

Are you saying I can catch both at the Victory Monument, because according to the BMTA (unless it is incomplete) the 555 is only inbound while the 551 is both inbound and outbound.

Inbound

Rachanukul Hospital Donmueang Police Station Khcha Donmueang Maepra Fahtima Churoh Suvannabhumi Airport Kasetsart University Rangsit University Saint John's University University of The Thai Chamber Ministry of Labour Wat Tawa Soontorn School Wat Don Muang School Kehathungsonghong Witthaya 1 Kehathungsonghong Witthaya 2 Bang Khen School Wat Lak Si School Thunyarak Hospital Phathumvet Hospital Rangsit General Hospital

Outbound

Inbound

suvarnabhumi busterminal kseambundit university klong tan police station city plan office Mrt. dusitcommercial collage victory monument rasvity hospital children hospital ministry of industry rastave district soldier deppartment of medical service Rachanukul Hospital Maepra Fahtima Churoh Suvannabhumi Airport Praram 9 Hospital Rajanukul Hospital Ministry of Labour

Outbound

victory monument piboonpacharsun school Mrt. kseambundit university suvarnabhumi bus terminal

Edited by vagabond48

Buses are a cheaper if longer way to get to and from Swampy.

Click on here and get all the correct info.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/56

I use the public bus all the time, 35Baht to and from Victory Monument

Stops outside my regular digs in Asoke.

For 150Baht from and 100Baht return, check the Airport Express, look for the routes at the above addy, all there.

Edited by Zpete

I can easily afford a limo

That's a bit silly. Just get a taxi.

So is a taxi, if I have the time, little luggage and want to enjoy a bus ride thru BKK.

I am a simple guy with simply needs. Why should I spend $8 to $10 on a taxi when I am in no hurry and $1 will get me where I want to go.

I am sure the taxi drivers appreciate your patronage.

I can easily afford a limo

That's a bit silly. Just get a taxi.

So is a taxi, if I have the time, little luggage and want to enjoy a bus ride thru BKK.

I am a simple guy with simply needs. Why should I spend $8 to $10 on a taxi when I am in no hurry and $1 will get me where I want to go.

I am sure the taxi drivers appreciate your patronage.

I enjoy seeing the people using buses, any city, and good sightseeing too

• 2 weeks later...
What is the cheapest way to get to Suvarnabhumi please? anybody know?

thanks

During the day, from Pattaya, take BELL bus service. Goes direct from pattaya bus station to Airport. Price recently may have gone up to 200 baht.

If in Bangkok, I just took the Sky train to the end or next to last stop towards the airport. Then took a bus, can't recall which one. But it was a public bus and air conditioned. No more than a 30 minute wait. It was like 35 baht? That bus goes to transport center down the road from the airport, and from there you hop on a free shuttle to the airport. Takes a bit longer than an in-town taxi, but definitely the cheapest way to do it.

There are a couple of issues here.

One of them is that the OP said he was coming into Bangkok from Chiang Mai on the train.

Therefore, it doesn't make any sense for him to stay on the train to Hualamphong for another 45 minutes, and then spend another 30 to 40 minutes heading out of town again in a taxi, or an hour on a bus.

Rather he should get off at Don Muang, or even at Rangsit if the train he's on stops there. He could take a taxi for around 200 baht to Suvarnabhumi, or - the 2nd issue, saving money - for 34 baht, catch the 554 or 555 bus which will take him directly to Suvarnabhumi.

I would even venture to say that getting off at Don Muang and taking a bus saves considerable time compared to staying on the train to Hualamphong and then catching a taxi from there. And hey, money saved is money saved.

By the way, one quick and cheap way to get to the airport from central Bangkok is to take the 70 baht van from Victory Monument. It's fast and direct.