Those Seaside Seafood Places

LadyinRed

Have anyone been to seaside seafood places lately (Parlai, Rawai, Chalong, etc.)?

I tried to go to Parlai last week and all I saw was a tractor before the restaurant, so I didn't bother and just made a U-turn and left.

I went to Par Lai on the 30th December, and saw that the Par Lai Seafood Restaurant was not there any more:

palai8he.jpg

palai28zl.jpg

...but at the rate at which they've been clearing up and rebuilding, I wouldn't be surprised if it was back in business quite soon. If I go past, I will have a look and report back.

I used to like that place - they did an excellent steamed fish with chilli, garlic and lime :o .

That Parlai restaurant was my favorite too.

The Parlai people have another nice restaurant in Chalong half way between the circle and the pier on the left facing the pier. Same great oysters & everything except the "homoks" and the view.

.... all I saw was a tractor before the restaurant...

I know what you mean now! They're renewing the road to Phuket zoo, so the road is a bit of a mess, but you can still get there - just have to be a little careful:

roadworks1lo.jpg

But the new Parlai restaurant is now taking shape:

parlai1jf.jpg

I hope it's open soon because today was beautiful - a cool wind, cloudless sky and nice view:

parlai27ib.jpg

But, as there was no food, I went to Nai Harn, had some food and watched the sun go down:

naiharn0ia.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting