เธอไม่ใช่คนแรก แต่จะเป็นคนสุดท้าย.

junki3korean

เธอไม่ใช่คนแรก แต่จะเป็นคนสุดท้าย. sorry guys tried the thai2enlgish dictionary and is making no sense....cant work this one out.....

Much appreciated....

Andy.

"You were not the first; but you shall be the last."

Sounds like a very romantic proclamation: You are not my first boyfriend, but you will be my last one. Is this an acceptance of a marriage proposal?

One question. The pronoun "เธอ" is usually a female pronoun. If taken in this vein, it would imply that a Thai man is saying this to a woman. On the other hand, "เธอ" could just be the familiar second person, male or female.

What do you think?

เธอไม่ใช่คนแรก แต่จะเป็นคนสุดท้าย. sorry guys tried the thai2enlgish dictionary and is making no sense....cant work this one out.....

Much appreciated....

Andy.

"You were not the first; but you shall be the last."

Sounds like a very romantic proclamation: You are not my first boyfriend, but you will be my last one. Is this an acceptance of a marriage proposal?

One question. The pronoun "เธอ" is usually a female pronoun. If taken in this vein, it would imply that a Thai man is saying this to a woman. On the other hand, "เธอ" could just be the familiar second person, male or female.

What do you think?

Marriage No no no....just young Love!....

I have no idea with the pronouns or even the basics of the Word structuring, :o I`m very very Novice with my Thai as i Can only communicate by speaking a few sentences to get by.....

BUT....It is actually a Thai girl saying this to me.....

Wah! I envy you!

Once again Gop khun Mak Krup!

Andy

The translations provided by either thai-2-engrish, or Google translates were pretty close.

Here's the thai-2-engrish page and by hovering over the words you can certainly get at least an idea of what the meaning might be;

http://www.thai2english.com/trans.html?query_id=114092

I ripped this from that link with the most obvious definitions after the thai words;

เธอ (she/you)

ไม่ใช่ (is not, am not, are not)

คน (person)

แรก (the first)

แต่ but

จะเป็น (will be)

คน (person)

สุดท้าย (the last)

The translations which were provided by other posters are right on the money, especially in a romatic context.

Be careful, from what you are trying to translate it sounds like she might be โสดแต่ว่าไม่สด :o (which is a common thai idiom)

http://www.thai2english.com/trans.html?query_id=114121