Bed Supper Club - Bangkok

Devil

I understand this will open May 09 and be based on the 3rd floor Jungceylon.

I think Phuket still has room for more upmarket, creative nightclubs. My first thought was Patong may not be the ideal location for the type of crowd I presume Bed Supper normally try to attract?

What are your thoughts on the opening, location and will this be a success?

I think Phuket still has room for more upmarket, creative nightclubs. My first thought was Patong may not be the ideal location for the type of crowd I presume Bed Supper normally try to attract?

Coooooool!

Uhmm, but I do agree with your idea about Patong. Just outside of town would have been my call ...

Coooooool!

Uhmm, but I do agree with your idea about Patong. Just outside of town would have been my call ...

Yes agree Sean just outside or inside Phuket Town to attract the usual crowd. Although wonder if the parking under Jungceylon will help? as Patong is normally a nightmare to park.

IF they open the parking for night time.. Currently they wont and it shuts at 10.

I am all for new good clubs.. But the reality is they wouldnt be able to make it work in Phuket town, not at the prices they will be charging.

IF they open the parking for night time.. Currently they wont and it shuts at 10.

I am all for new good clubs.. But the reality is they wouldnt be able to make it work in Phuket town, not at the prices they will be charging.

Yes this will be an upmarket spot, not exactly the place for the shirtless, Chang Bier drinking louts on Bangla.

Putting it outside of Patong? Has anyone noticed what a hit the White Box is (sarcasm)?

A nice door charge like Bed Supper will cut out the riff raff, but will they give a cut rate to some of the nicer Thai ladies? I'd rather not be in a club full of high end blokes only.

Parking should be o.k. by the Banzaan Market.

Can someone explain to me what the Bed Supper Club is ?

Up-market, it seems, but why ? What does it offer ?

Quality name DJ's for a start. Just had stanton in bangkok..

High end prices.. a wannabe it crowd.. door dress policy..

I would like to see it work but I am thinking its going to be a min 500 door and high end drink prices.. Other places that have tried this recipe have not proven it to be an easy path to riches. One benefit is Bed probably has deep pockets to ride out a couple of years if it isnt an instant hit.

High end prices.. a wannabe it crowd.. door dress policy..

I would like to see it work but I am thinking its going to be a min 500 door and high end drink prices.. Other places that have tried this recipe have not proven it to be an easy path to riches. One benefit is Bed probably has deep pockets to ride out a couple of years if it isnt an instant hit.

It's funny isnt it. Just cos it's in Patong, people associate it with low-rent punters. Take a look inside Club Lime or Seduction, then compare that with (say) Tai Pan. Same town, but a world of difference.

It CAN be done, and one hopes that BED have done their homework, because i'm not actually sure that Phuket is quite ready for it. We can but hope. The reason i say it is because places like Banana and Tai Pan are packed most nights, but the more upmarket places in Patong are not.

What do the punters want? Seems to be live music and/or available chicks.

Anyone remember Seau Samming in Phuket town? Dripping with class. But no bar girls and no live bands. The punters at the time didnt want a bar with neither of those things in it.

I hope that BED pull it off, i really do. The club scene in Phuket is dire.

I dont believe it's really to do with price either. Timber Hut, Blue Marina etc etc in Phuket town charge 100b for a small Heineken and are packed to the rafters with Thais because the punters want shoulder to shoulder ear bleeding loud live music.

I was in Lime in Patong the other night and the prices are 130b for a Heineken. Hardly any locals in there. No live music y'see. It cant just be the 30b difference in price, surely.

I dont think it's the price of drinks that keeps the punters out. I think it's that at the moment the punters want live music and/or cheap chicks.

Lets hope BED have sniffed a change in the market's mood.

Seduction just had Judge Jules - and it most certainly wasnt't packed out at all.

I'll certainly be giving bed a try.

Take a look inside Club Lime or Seduction, then compare that with (say) Tai Pan. Same town, but a world of difference. - different sure but not a world of difference

I hope that BED pull it off, i really do. The club scene in Phuket is dire. - agreed

Seduction just had Judge Jules - and it most certainly wasnt't packed out at all.

Would be nice to have good clubs and bars but is there really a market to sustain one such place never mind more?

And looking at Lime.. Considering DJ fees for names I really wonder how much they can be making.. Combine that with far lower size and far lower cost to operate (jc aint cheap by the m2) and Bed are looking at being very high end in fixed costs. No I dont think 30 baht drink difference makes much odds but I do think a 500 door and 200 - 250 baht drinks will. Then add in how many people it needs to pack out ??

I dont know.. I just see 'home bar' and other places having tried to do high(er) end so many times... And so rarely is phuket ready for it or even interested in it ??

I dont know.. I just see 'home bar' and other places having tried to do high(er) end so many times... And so rarely is phuket ready for it or even interested in it ??

I'm going to agree, this is going to be a tough one for these people. Especially opening doors going into low season.

I was in Bed Supper a few weeks back and the crowd was 1/3rd of what it used to be on a Friday night. That's in a city of seven million, hows this going to work on an island of 330K?

I'm going to agree, this is going to be a tough one for these people. Especially opening doors going into low season.

I was in Bed Supper a few weeks back and the crowd was 1/3rd of what it used to be on a Friday night. That's in a city of seven million, hows this going to work on an island of 330K?

I will also agree with you guys. Bed in Bangkok can draw on not only the visiting international crowd, but on an expat base that includes a younger and more professional demographic. Phuket expat community is largely early retirees and retirees who may not be as interested in clubbing as they once were. And, there is not the upwardly mobile urban Thai group to the same extent as well.

I have noticed that the Hard Rock is yet to open. Anybody know what the delay is there?

I will also agree with you guys. Bed in Bangkok can draw on not only the visiting international crowd, but on an expat base that includes a younger and more professional demographic. Phuket expat community is largely early retirees and retirees who may not be as interested in clubbing as they once were. And, there is not the upwardly mobile urban Thai group to the same extent as well.

I have noticed that the Hard Rock is yet to open. Anybody know what the delay is there?

...another 2-3 months.

It's been raining, and you know what that means........................nap time !

Evidently, this new Bed place in Jungceylon will be called the Sound Bar. Today, as I walked down to the parking garage from the main central beer garden plaza, I noticed they had a sign in English and Thai recruiting sound & light technicians, etc., and appeared to be hiring in the basement parking level in some temporary offices.

Maybe any of you technical club guys can get a job there, or give us an update.

• 3 months later...

It's opening the 17th of juli .... But the are open now (went to the movies and passed it and we decided to have a look.) so the staff can get some hands on training....

and they need it ...

Bought a Heineken and a san miguel light and when u put up a 1000 note the gave me 340 bath back..... hmmmm the staff short changed me... i've should have know to count my return money...... "sights"

Cheapest beer is 170 bath, a tiger.... san miguel 200 and an heineken 220 ore 240.

Probely no entry fee but thats not sure.... so will see.

The place is absolutly stunning, some finising to do but it looks like some stranded UFO, good lighting and sounds oke. everthing almost of cement polish and some nice places to sit and get out of the noise and smoke....

Really stunning.....

But with cheap drinks, more people, and heaps op pretty girls just around the corner (seduction, banana, hollywood).... And indeed not really any HiSo on Phuket in contrast to Bangkok.... i'm curious to see where it will end up.... probely just like Q-bar samui.

I hope not......

It's opening the 17th of juli .... But the are open now (went to the movies and passed it and we decided to have a look.) so the staff can get some hands on training....

and they need it ...

Bought a Heineken and a san miguel light and when u put up a 1000 note the gave me 340 bath back..... hmmmm the staff short changed me... i've should have know to count my return money...... "sights"

Cheapest beer is 170 bath, a tiger.... san miguel 200 and an heineken 220 ore 240.

Probely no entry fee but thats not sure.... so will see.

The place is absolutly stunning, some finising to do but it looks like some stranded UFO, good lighting and sounds oke. everthing almost of cement polish and some nice places to sit and get out of the noise and smoke....

Really stunning.....

But with cheap drinks, more people, and heaps op pretty girls just around the corner (seduction, banana, hollywood).... And indeed not really any HiSo on Phuket in contrast to Bangkok.... i'm curious to see where it will end up.... probely just like Q-bar samui.

I hope not......

Thanks for the update ms.  I too am curious if they will start a big city trend with an excessive cover charge.  I have no problem with a decent cover to weed out the dregs, but an 800 baht cover probably won't go over well with the phuket crowd during a down cycle in th world economy.

Usually, it means posers, the pretentious, a no smiling policy, no fun, lots of looking down noses, guys wearing clothes that are two seasons two hot for Patong, sweating in their vain attempts to be seen as superior to the great unwashed outside. Light rocking to and fro to endless Euro/jazz/fusion pap and the chance to pay the equivalant of two bar fines (im told) to get in then at least double the price for all your drinks. Nah, it'll never work.

Patong is what it is, funny, messy, smelly, cheap and above all FUN. Look round this past few days with the yanks in town. Smiling faces on both sides of the bars, joshing in the street, cheeky passes going both ways. A new generation of sailors and soldiers voting to come here and learning some of lifes traditional lessons uncluttered by woolly PC thinking. Even the sailor girls appeared to have totally let their hair down and got stuck in.

Patong is full for a week in the middle of a dire low season and thankfully most of the money injected into the place has gone to the cheap fun sois that people so love to visit on holiday. Everybody looked so happy tonight, bar owners, girls, customers and the few tourist couples that are here all seemed to make the place come alive for the first time in months.

At least there will be some second hand bargains when it closes down next year. It'll be good on the opening night for the customary free food they give away at such bashes. Then when they try to run it as a business ie. put the prices to 120 for a crap beer, the driftwood will be blowing accross the dance floor as in so many other high end joints that reared their head here.

Usually, it means posers, the pretentious, a no smiling policy, no fun, lots of looking down noses, guys wearing clothes that are two seasons two hot for Patong, sweating in their vain attempts to be seen as superior to the great unwashed outside. Light rocking to and fro to endless Euro/jazz/fusion pap and the chance to pay the equivalant of two bar fines (im told) to get in then at least double the price for all your drinks. Nah, it'll never work.

Patong is what it is, funny, messy, smelly, cheap and above all FUN. Look round this past few days with the yanks in town. Smiling faces on both sides of the bars, joshing in the street, cheeky passes going both ways. A new generation of sailors and soldiers voting to come here and learning some of lifes traditional lessons uncluttered by woolly PC thinking. Even the sailor girls appeared to have totally let their hair down and got stuck in.

Patong is full for a week in the middle of a dire low season and thankfully most of the money injected into the place has gone to the cheap fun sois that people so love to visit on holiday. Everybody looked so happy tonight, bar owners, girls, customers and the few tourist couples that are here all seemed to make the place come alive for the first time in months.

At least there will be some second hand bargains when it closes down next year. It'll be good on the opening night for the customary free food they give away at such bashes. Then when they try to run it as a business ie. put the prices to 120 for a crap beer, the driftwood will be blowing accross the dance floor as in so many other high end joints that reared their head here.

Yes, it is worth going there on the opening night.

I was there at the opening of Seduction, big name singer, full of people, cannot walk around. And then? From night 2 nobody..

opening a luxury club in Patong is a sure loss. Here is not Bangkok, cannot make people pay for admission (i am sure if they do they will cancel it after a week).

The rule here is simple and always work: The girls go there, so do the farangs, you keep them away with a sophisticated atmosphere and high prices and so do the farangs...

Not living in Phuket but picking up on this thread and listening to some TV readers who do, I get the impression that they think Phuket is not ready for upmarket clubs. That could well be...

I caught something on the BBC the other day about yachting, marinas and how Phuket is fast becoming the St Tropez of the East. Having recently visited the island and noticing the expensive houses on sale in estate agent windows, it could be that the 'supper club' are in for the long run and have done their market research.

Something I also noticed about Phuket whilst shopping in Jung Ceylon was how much smarter

'ladies of the night' dressed compared to their counterparts I've seen about town in Chiang Mai and Samui.

I can smell money in Phuket, lots of it.

regards Bojo

Chi chi clubs come and go. They have limited life spans and just as this Bed place will open with great fanfare, it will be a different place a year from now as reality takes hold.

Patong just doesn't have the type of clientele to support this kind of place. I'm sorry but 45years of age+ males are not the beautiful people these clubs want. Nor are flip flop clad 20 something slobs in singlets. Again that's what Patong attracts. Gay people are important club clientele, but even the gays here are not cool, fun or attractive.

Yes, there are some well heeled folks on Phuket but they are elderly -over 60- and they don't go to these clubs. Look at the demographics of club cities; They are successful fashion trade and advertising centers (like Miami). Phuket doesn't have the demographic segment clued into the cool vibe. Phuket is no St Tropez.

One of my friends is the kind of person you want in a club like this. Young, good looking, awash in pretty girls and educated. Thing is, he along with alot of the other people like him on this island, don't have time for clubs right now. He has 500,000 of student debt to retire, a family to support, a car to pay off, etc. His idea of fun doesn't include a club. He's not alone either.

I give this place less than a year before it flops and is flipped.

What a bunch of knockers/doomsayers and and.....the exact reason why I left AUS. It may not be your vibe, before you start lighting fires why don't you leave your comments at the door, have you been there yet?. Yes it's not your style and it's on a different level to any other club I've seen and I've seen a few.

With the amount the owners have spent and the Bed Management name behind the club it's no fly by nighter.

Take the time to have a look beofre you pass judgement

:)

Edited by Damaz6052

Well I know some cool and very rich gay potentel cutomers that can't wait for somewhere other than paradise to have a good tine and get away from the bangala scum

Erm Bangla = scum but Soi paradise is suddenly highbrow entertainment ??

What a bunch of knockers/doomsayers and and.....the exact reason why I left AUS. It may not be your vibe, before you start lighting fires why don't you leave your comments at the door, have you been there yet?. Yes it's not your style and it's on a different level to any other club I've seen and I've seen a few.

With the amount the owners have spent and the Bed Management name behind the club it's no fly by nighter.

Take the time to have a look beofre you pass judgement

You know you are absolutely right that you should not pass judgment on any place until you have been there (or until you have perhaps heard enough confirmed reports from friends whose judgment you trust.)

And so I wont and will certainly give it a try and if it is anything like Bed in BKK I will certainly return.

But one very bad sign is that it was supposed to have 'Bed's' name behind the club 'not just the management' and now it hasnt which indicates they lack faith in the business and do not wish risking diluting the 'brand'. Now that given that presumably the whole point of opening in Phuket was to expand the 'brand' the 'hey I hear they've got a Bed in Phuket' factor, the loss of branding would seem to point to something going amiss whether it amongst the partners or just general sentiment towards, Phuket tourism and the economy.

Considering the softest of softest openings, my fear would be we will have another 'Empty Box' on our hands. The key to creating a successful upmarket club in Phuket would be to invest possibly at a loss in members and DJs, cross marketing with your Bangkok club for 2 or 3 years. If they are not prepared to put their name to it, that is unlikely to be their strategy.

Edited by Abrak

Well as i told before that i've been there already and the place looks stunning... quite big as well, so need a crowd to fill it up.... and needs it to have a nice atmosphere. Otherwise it feels empty... i'll have a look this weekend again...

Check the site : www.soundphuket.com

It is a BED company but the don't promote it like that.

And count your mony when reciving the change :)

from their website : " That would be too easy. First we need to mobilize an army of invitees to travel to Phuket. Each group will be met at the airport and transferred to their hotels.

After a decent period to wash and change, guests will be ferried to the club. Once there we have a line up of top name DJs from Bed Supperclub…. Fred Jungo, Octo, Duke O’Phive, Em, Ome, Josh and The Bangkok Invaders… an unbelievable cast of EIGHT of the best DJs in Thailand all performing in one unforgettable night.

The invitees will be able to enjoy the club all by themselves for a few hours. Then at midnight, we open the doors to anyone else who wishes to join the celebrations.

I was thinking about bringing them a visit at the opening night but after reading this it looks that they like more some bkk posers.good for them.I hope they can fill the place up every week with them.

who cares.....