Apparently On A Harley Forum Somewhere.

Travelmate

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Best of British "old chap".Rode a 1976 T140E 750cc Bonnie for about a year with one oil leak ,no matter what i did,it was primary case near side stand drove me nuts,had a BSA M20 500cc single ,try and kickstart that.During the course WW11 320000 were produced and are scattered everywhere.Top speed 50mph up or down hill's.The new triumph's are class,you can see that a lot of though and work went into them.Putting the fuel injection into the carb's housing was brilliant.Colours and paint work excellent,brought back memories.

To Barrybike,

In the picture.

Your front wheel look really small compared to the rear wheel. Make the bike look out of sync. What size is it?

the 2 wheels are 17 inch stainless steel (no rust) 80 spoke tts from germany... i wont say the cost (coz u probably wont believe me)

200 section rear tyre ,130 on the front ..its probably the low profile thats on the front tyre 60mm, the tyre is nearly wore now and im putting a 70mm on it by 140 ..should look chunkier

Once in a while a bike manufacturer gets it absolutely right........ that original yellow Triumph Daytona (circa '95?) was pure sex on wheels, the Duke Monster....... wow! Even H-D did it when they tarted up the old Electra Glide and the Road King was born, and now they've given us this...... the XR1200. Originally designed just for the Euro market, it's now a hot seller all over the world. Awesome performance and great looks.
Well here is the new HD XR1200 which I do really like http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content...sp?locale=en_US that is like a naked sport bike, looks good and should ride good. I asked HD Thailand for a price but they suck, still no price of any new bike from them??? They must have sold at least 1 new bike this year, so when you ask for a price and a week later still "cannot find yet" one start to wonder what they are up to. Cheers Bard

Bard old chap I introduced that XR to this thread on page 1....... suprised you didn't see it as I was waiting for a comment from you long before now....... thought some of you might like it! H-D Bkk have now sold 5 of 'em I believe, and they are around the 750,000 baht mark. If you want to speak to someone there just ask for Ross. He has one himself and is happy as a pig in poop!

Oh well, after some tongue-in-cheek posts from some folk this thread seems to have deteriorated into a slagfest with iamaneggspurt giving us his very narrow minded but oh so boringly typical view of H-D riders.

<deleted> it....... I ride anything on two wheels, I am a biker first and foremost, have blatted a GSXR1100 all over Thailand and now run an Electra Glide Ultra, which I HAVE taken at speed, scraping boards, around Bira!! And did it all without the help of a beard! (And my 1200 H-D cafe racer was a big hit there too).

Thanks for that info, I shall be chasing it up when I get back home from work again.

Agree with you I like to ride bikes, which feels good to ride and the guys at the track has no problems with any bikes or bikers which is exactly my opinion as well, I am a lot with Rayong Riders who is a happy mixed group of bikers who enjoy riding together and helping each other out, the biker arena in Thailand is to small for silly grudges and negative vibrations. I was so fed up with that <deleted> in Europe you can't believe it.

I love my Yammie to death but can one really be faithful to only one bike? I am now on the market for a pure track bike, then I am keen on something different so I shall check out the XR for sure... Also looking at alternatives such as the Triumph Speed Triple, or Ducati Monster so it was cool to see the XR1200 way to go...

Cheers Bard

The XR1200 based on the entry level 1200 Sportster. The XR gets a dash of the AMA dirt track scene. However with a blubberous all up weight of 250kgs. Not only the bike will be huffing & puffing, the rider will have to work very hard, trying to get all that mass to turn quickly.

Somebody mentioned the Triumph Speed triple. What a bike. Same engine as mine. And what a corker of an engine it is. Being a triple it has low end torque similar to that of a twin and power of an inline Japanese four cylinder. Coupled together with the unique sound of a 3 cylinder engine has to offer. Fantastic.

A suitable and brilliant alternative for a trackbike, should consider the Triumph Daytona 675. Slated as a brilliant track bike straight off the showroom floor. It been said that this bike is easier to ride at track when in comparison with other Japanese Supersport bikes.

Clearly the Triumph overtakes the Harley with ease.

Somebody mentioned the Triumph Speed triple. What a bike. Same engine as mine. And what a corker of an engine it is. Being a triple it has low end torque similar to that of a twin and power of an inline Japanese four cylinder. Coupled together with the unique sound of a 3 cylinder engine has to offer. Fantastic.

I happened to stumble over one yesterday.. the 1050 speed.. As you say hubba hubba.. what a machine.. I had always been put off by the SSSA, I am not a fan personally but yeah, thats a seriously desirable beastie (and about 100 - 150k in uk !!)..

Barry Bike.May i ask you two question's.did you use the tins exchange or colour shop fof art work,and question no. two,Are you from wexford by any chanse

dyna bob ....sean egan painted the bike for me ...ya im from wexford,ireland ...you probably guessed from the number plate i suppose..do you know wexford ya ???? you were saying you want to put on a screaming eagle tyre ,i had one on and fell off the bike in the wet one night going to a rally ,,those harley tyres are crap in the wet,really dangerous .i use sports bike tyres on it now ,some diference ,and harley tell you the 180 fits as a kit but its really a hard walled tyre and pulls in on the rear wheel ...the rear wheel on mine now is 5.5 inch wide and i didnt have to go near swingarm or primary ,i just got a few spacers made up..i can post closer pics of paint job for u to see ,it has to be seen up close to be appreciated..it was real clear but i didnt like that much and i sprayed a red candy over it last year..looks better now.........cheers barry

Edited by barrybike

Yes the specs for the new HD is a bit low, but it is a HUGE step in the right direction for Harley, finally double disc proper brakes and a bike that can ride with Euro and Jap bikes on tours keeping up.

HD engines is super simple to tune so that is not a worry the weight is more of a clusterfok, 250kg how did that happen?

Anyway here's some pics enjoy the new HD...

08_june_hd_1200_07.jpg

xr1200new3.jpg

Yes the specs for the new HD is a bit low, but it is a HUGE step in the right direction for Harley, finally double disc proper brakes and a bike that can ride with Euro and Jap bikes on tours keeping up.

HD engines is super simple to tune so that is not a worry the weight is more of a clusterfok, 250kg how did that happen?

08_june_hd_1200_07.jpg

xr1200new3.jpg

anyone who is into harleys wouldnt even rate a 1200 sportster ....they have always been classed as a ladies harley...1340 upwards are for the men...........

Barry Bike.May i ask you two question's.did you use the tins exchange or colour shop fof art work,and question no. two,Are you from wexford by any chanse

dyna bob ....sean egan painted the bike for me ...ya im from wexford,ireland ...you probably guessed from the number plate i suppose..do you know wexford ya ???? you were saying you want to put on a screaming eagle tyre ,i had one on and fell off the bike in the wet one night going to a rally ,,those harley tyres are crap in the wet,really dangerous .i use sports bike tyres on it now ,some diference ,and harley tell you the 180 fits as a kit but its really a hard walled tyre and pulls in on the rear wheel ...the rear wheel on mine now is 5.5 inch wide and i didnt have to go near swingarm or primary ,i just got a few spacers made up..i can post closer pics of paint job for u to see ,it has to be seen up close to be appreciated..it was real clear but i didnt like that much and i sprayed a red candy over it last year..looks better now.........cheers barry

Hi barry,i know wexford well i'm from waterford,but have lived in thailand for about 4yrs and hope to move to laos next month,they don't want to leave in bob so have to wait and see.I know sean also ,i looking at the HD colour shop thinking you had used their exchange option ,all i can say sean is world class a long way from behind the manison.Candy red i'd like to see that it really highlite's chrome better than black.I wanted blue denim but was not available here and a respray would be hit and miss.Well man it's a small world.regards John

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

08_june_hd_1200_07.jpg

xr1200new3.jpg

anyone who is into harleys wouldnt even rate a 1200 sportster ....they have always been classed as a ladies harley...1340 upwards are for the men...........

Have to disagree on that barry,i rode XLR1200 sporty for two yrs,it was fun,reliable and fast.In the EU because of the power to weight ratio you must hold a full driving license to ride them,at time's they can be a handful.regards John

Hi barry,i know wexford well i'm from waterford,but have lived in thailand for about 4yrs and hope to move to laos next month,they don't want to leave in bob so have to wait and see.I know sean also ,i looking at the HD colour shop thinking you had used their exchange option ,all i can say sean is world class a long way from behind the manison.Candy red i'd like to see that it really highlite's chrome better than black.I wanted blue denim but was not available here and a respray would be hit and miss.Well man it's a small world.regards John

LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

hi john ya small world ...im heading down to waterfrod today to harley shop...heard lenny got a bad breaking up last saturday off a street glide...id say you know what i mean when i said about sportster ...i know there is nothing wrong with them but in the biker scene they refer to them as that ..different strokes for different folks i suppose..are you going to live in laos ..send me pm some time sure cheers barry