Gp / Doctor's Surgery

StevieH

anyone recommend a decent GP / doctor's surgery in CM which doesn't involve going to a hospital please? have got some appalling cold / chest infection thing which i can't shake off.

The Special Medical Service (Sripat Centre) in CMU Hospital is actually a GP clinic. Cost me about 1300 baht to see a doctor and get a couple of weeks antibiotics and other medicine for a chest infection. English speaking and quick.

Edited by harrry

anyone recommend a decent GP / doctor's surgery in CM which doesn't involve going to a hospital please? have got some appalling cold / chest infection thing which i can't shake off.

My limited experiences here says if you do not want to go to a hospital, then you are going to have to go to some clinic "after hours" when the doctors are no longer working at the hospital. And the clinics I have seen are located where it is easy for the locals to get there by public transportation but hard to get there if you drive and have to park. Having to wait until 5 pm or so if not what I am willing to do.

The Special Medical Service (Sripat Centre) in CMU Hospital is good; I see farang there. But the wait time can be long. I take my MIL there because some of her expenses are reimbursable if she goes there. But I like going to RAM where I can park, get in, and get out in a reasonable amount of time (specially if I call ahead and make an appointment).

Edited by noise

thanks for the feedback. . . .if budget is a factor is it more sensible to go to an out-of-hours clinic? 1300 baht sounds like quite a lot for a five-minute check-up and grab some antibiotics thing.

thanks for the feedback. . . .if budget is a factor is it more sensible to go to an out-of-hours clinic? 1300 baht sounds like quite a lot for a five-minute check-up and grab some antibiotics thing.
the xray 150 b

TTHe doctor was 150b

medicine therest.

the xray 150 b

TTHe doctor was 150b

medicine therest.

ah gotcha, thanks. and i guess appointments aren't required, just turn up, bring a book and wait?

the xray 150 b

TTHe doctor was 150b

medicine therest.

ah gotcha, thanks. and i guess appointments aren't required, just turn up, bring a book and wait?

During the day appointments help a lot. At 6 pm I think you have to wait. Last time I went at 6pm, and was out at 8 after having an x ray. I think if you just see the doctor one hour would do.

Edited by harrry

Hi StevieH,

I have used Dr Kriengsak Wattanasirakul M.D on a couple of occaisions, English is excellent, he is open from 8am - 8pm Mon - Sat.

His practise is on Changklan Rd, just up from the Ratillana Hotel ( on the opposite side of the road going towards town approx 50 metres from the hotel entrance )

Both times I went there the cost was around 600 - 800 Baht including medication and his fee's. Recommend him.

M

Edited by MookyG