Thaidriving Licence

I have an Intenatioal driving licencs from the UK I've heard I can I get aThai licence with that.any one know how please :o

Yes you can...go into your nearest traffic department with your UK license + IDP + proof of residence (Thailand) pay your money do a colour vision test, reaction test and a parellex test and walk out a few hours later with a 1 year Thai DL, think these days you also have to watch a video as well...

You dont even need photos these days..

Take someone with you who can read Thai, as the form that needs to be filled in is in Thai (or it was when I did mine)

I have an Intenatioal driving licencs from the UK I've heard I can I get aThai licence with that.any one know how please :o

Yes you can...go into your nearest traffic department with your UK license + IDP + proof of residence (Thailand) pay your money do a colour vision test, reaction test and a parellex test and walk out a few hours later with a 1 year Thai DL, think these days you also have to watch a video as well...

Take someone with you who can read Thai, as the form that needs to be filled in is in Thai (or it was when I did mine)

Also :

Copy passport.

Copy Non-immigrant visa.

Copy entry stamp.

Medical certificate.

Note, you must have a IDP (international driving permit)

International driving license is an old scam made by non government, private companies.

I live in central Pattya do you know where the nearest one is and opening times if poss.

• 4 weeks later...

Also :

Copy passport.

Copy Non-immigrant visa.

Copy entry stamp.

Medical certificate.

International driving license is an old scam made by non government, private companies.

Quick question to add if I may, a couple years ago I lost my native licence (which has since expired anyway) and now would like to get a Thai licence. Any idea of what is required because of this?

Thanks in advance.

Also :

Copy passport.

Copy Non-immigrant visa.

Copy entry stamp.

Medical certificate.

Quick question to add if I may, a couple years ago I lost my native licence (which has since expired anyway) and now would like to get a Thai licence. Any idea of what is required because of this?

Thanks in advance.

If you dont have a DL from another country, you are going have to do the "full" Thai driving test to get a Thai DL same as a Thai national

Thanks Soutpeel

Essentially then, slide the guy 1500 baht and drive around the block. Great thanks. :o

Dont think its thats simple these days in most DMV departments in Thailand these days, based on my Mrs when she did her DL....its a written test and then a practical...think its pretty hard to pass the tea money around these days