Biased Reporting?

sharecropper

On Pattaya One News Website is a gushing article on the success of the Pattaya Music Festival, with this sentence under the heading "Pattaya Music Festival Acclaimed a Huge Success"

"Pattaya Music Festival, which concluded on Sunday night, [was acclaimed] as a huge success. Part of the reason might well be the collective sigh from security personnel who had little to do during the three days: there were no shootings"....

Then right beneath it is an article headed "Five people wounded in separate shooting incidents" which goes on to say:

It is thought all five victims had attended the Pattaya Music festival....police believe the shooters waited and followed their victims until they judged the time was right to avenge [a] perceived slight on their manliness and honour".

So why would the first article be so upbeat about the "huge success" of the festival and ignore the shootings afterwards, when the link with the music festival is made in the next article, albeit hidden away?

The Pattaya Daily News website, with more courage and less people to appease, maybe, makes the link accurately with its headline " FIVE TEENAGERS SHOT ON LAST NIGHT OF PATTAYA INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL "

I think we should be told.

On Pattaya One News Website is a gushing article on the success of the Pattaya Music Festival, with this sentence under the heading "Pattaya Music Festival Acclaimed a Huge Success"

"Pattaya Music Festival, which concluded on Sunday night, [was acclaimed] as a huge success. Part of the reason might well be the collective sigh from security personnel who had little to do during the three days: there were no shootings"....

Then right beneath it is an article headed "Five people wounded in separate shooting incidents" which goes on to say:

It is thought all five victims had attended the Pattaya Music festival....police believe the shooters waited and followed their victims until they judged the time was right to avenge [a] perceived slight on their manliness and honour".

So why would the first article be so upbeat about the "huge success" of the festival and ignore the shootings afterwards, when the link with the music festival is made in the next article, albeit hidden away?

The Pattaya Daily News website, with more courage and less people to appease, maybe, makes the link accurately with its headline " FIVE TEENAGERS SHOT ON LAST NIGHT OF PATTAYA INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL "

What a load of rubbish, not biased reporting at all, and we were not sponsors of the event.

The Music Festival Article related to the event itself and any problems that may have occured at the event sites. The article relating to the shootings stated that the incidents occured well away from the event locations and were probably as a result of problems which occured at the festival, however this link cannot be confirmed. The PDN headline states that the shootings occured on the last night of the festival and does not suggest that they were AS A RESULT OF the festival.

How this can relate to biased reporting is beyond me, maybe someone else can enlighten me?

Howard

Edited by hm1973

What a load of rubbish, not biased reporting at all, and we were not sponsors of the event.

The Music Festival Article related to the event itself and any problems that may have occured at the event sites. The article relating to the shootings stated that the incidents occured well away from the event locations and were probably as a result of problems which occured at the festival, however this link cannot be confirmed. The PDN headline states that the shootings occured on the last night of the festival and does not suggest that they were AS A RESULT OF the festival.

How this can relate to biased reporting is beyond me, maybe someone else can enlighten me?

Howard

Not rubbish at all.

I think on reflection you would agree that you should have merged both reports, like Pattaya Daily News did, especially given the sensitivity of your other interests, which make you vulnerable to suggestions that you might be out to appease the powers that be.

Just saying "Pattaya Music Festival was great and there were no shootings (at the concert venues) is a very narrow interpretation of the reality. 5 shootings by teenage gangs in one night in this city, linked to the festival, is a more newsworthy and worryng article, and you should have led with this. There is already too much crime news suppression and gloss in the city's press.

By the way, do you know if separate police reports of crimes committed at the festival (assaults, muggings, thefts etc) are compiled? If so, when and where are they ever produced?

LOL - How can you people get upset about what some e-rag puts on their web site?

Pattaya One News is the epitome of tasteless pseudo-journalism, with no regard for the facts or any respect for people's privacy. It seems clear to me that Pattaya One News loves kowtowing to the authorities or printing in its crass site anything it's told to print. It's an absolute joke.