Organic fertilisers, foliar feeds etc..

I like your flier, IA; inexpensively priced too. You’re too far from me, unfortunately, but I’d be interested to know what quantity you can supply.

Rgds

Khonwan

We are using an axial pelletmaker to keep the temperature low and not fry the biology, it is slower than other methods. Currently we are turning out over a cubic metre of compost a week, which reduces by half in the processing. The intention is to increase that volume by buying in more manure and extending the composting activity. Currently up to 400kg of pellets per week. One consideration is the age of the pellets and the maintenance of bacterial counts under ambient storage temperature. Research indicates about 3 months is OK. Of course the dead microbes will release their nutrients but the target is to have a high percentage become active when the fertiliser is used and moisture levels return.

As an option we can supplied stabilised probiotic that can be sprayed or fertigated on to boost biology levels.

I am also working on a nitrogen additive in pellet form. This is made using biochar and pond algae fermented with rice bran and probiotic. The target is to produce an alternate to urea being in plant usable form. Instead of ammonium and nitrate forms I am chasing amino acids and plant protein forms which will be trapped by the microbes. The CRH biochar will supply the permanent carbon into the soil as well as the fuel for the bacteria to grow. This should yeild a much slower release form of nitrogen.

Well I would recommend any farmer/gardener living within a couple of hundred kilometers, or so, from you to buy your product. Excellent, and so very inexpensive. Well done, IA.

Rgds

Khonwan

Well the cost is about as high as we expect can be afforded by local people initially. There are a few apparently similar products in the market that set the bar as well. Love to increase it as the hourly return is lousey.

Our base product is the compost and sales have grown well. We started selling that at a bit above bagged manure prices, same deal just cover cost but not a living wage. But the local customer base knew what manure could do and expectations that our stuff would be much better were pretty low. That has improved as people have seen the accumulative effect, we have improved the product and the price floated up with demand. This is something new to most people and will take a while for opinions to form and probably some improvements to be made. Hopefully it will afford a small income to be made in the future as well.

Our ideal target is home gardeners (up to about a rai) hence the bag sizes. Bigger than that will have to wait.

Logistics at this stage is by bus or post.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Thought I should update those interested in my pellet making activities. Well I made up about a tonne of compost based pellets and used it on my rice this year. I fully expected to have to add further nitrogen. I used about 60kg or 2 sacks per rai. It was spread into submerged paddies (flood gates opened the night before Grrrrrrr.....) But it has worked a treat without any nitrogen addition. Quite amazed. There appears to be sufficient nitrogen, or more correctly enough "plant available fixed nitrogen". The tiller growth is as good as I have had so the P and K levels are good. I was a little concerned as to the availability of the P as I used rock phosphate which is supposed to be insoluble. Well my microbe squadron must have fixed that if it is.

Last thing to mention is the length of time it took for the pellets to dissolve, over a week, submerged in flowing water. All in all well pleased.

• 1 year later...

Anybody know of a high concentrate liquid organic fertilizer here in thailand readily avalible.

There's a couple of guys who advertised a couple of different ones but are uncontactable now.

Also it would be a one application type,not every few weeks.

One i saw was made from fish extract and sounded promising.

An update,went to mitr phol sugar factory near chumphae yesterday looking for their soil mate product.

They no longer sell it but give it away,just turn up with the size container for what you want.

They have two types,one which would be a soil conditioner to be applied pre planting and one for foliar application.

They have a brochere but its all in thai.

• 3 months later...

Well our pellet making progresses, heres an initial info sheet describing the fertilisers. We are starting to ship this week in large cardboard boxes via the post office

Moo Bin Dai - Organic Pellets Flyer.pdf

Anyone interested drop me a PM.

Hello IsaanAussie. Do you have a website with address, payment details or order form? I'm intetested in a bag or two of compost pellets for the wee veggie patch at the back of the house. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Some years ago i have been to a meeting where the future organic ricefarmers learned how to make organic fertiliser

Mixing the ingeredians

- Ricebran

- Cow poo

-Starterbakterien + Water

k-IMG_2972.jpg

Cover for 15 Days

k-IMG_3552.jpg

After 3 Days, it is to see that the Bakterial are working

k-IMG_3549.jpg

and here after the Rice who get this kind of fertiliser

DSCN1097.jpg

There havest between 800 - 1000 kg of Rice of one Rai.

There Price for the fertiliser at this time was about 3000 Bath for 1000 kg. One Rai needed 300 kg + 300 kg of some animal poo.

The Prinzip is all the time some. EM or the Bakterial from the Land Development Department or from the Move "Seeds of Permakulture".

- 30 % animal poo

- 30 % green (Waterhyazient, Gras)

- the rest is somethink organic ( Waste from the cassava fabrik)

+ water and the starterbakterial

And how mutch will this cost for 1000 kg? Not so mutch money, but time to collect ist.

Allgeier

• 7 years later...
On 5/12/2015 at 9:11 AM, farmerjo said:

Anybody know of a high concentrate liquid organic fertilizer here in thailand readily avalible.

There's a couple of guys who advertised a couple of different ones but are uncontactable now.

Also it would be a one application type,not every few weeks.

One i saw was made from fish extract and sounded promising.

I just bought a gallon of this "Takumi Fish Amino" fertilizer at the Marucho Bussan yard in Sansai, Chiang Mai. 

Its a Japanese-Thai company using Japanese fertilizer technology, which can be quite intelligently formulated, like the Organic Totto Bokashi COF that I often recommend. 

Takumi Organic Fertilizer - Maruchu Bussan Organic

It appears to be the real deal, a genuine hydrolyzed fish fertilizer.  It has the same color and consistency and potent "fragrance" of the product I used in California, "Fish On". It's difficult or impossible to get accurate ingredients and processing info from Thai companies, but so far this one looks good to me. I put a pint in a 2 gal watering can to try it on some potted plants and flowering shrubs in our yard that are in kind of a mid monsoon season slump from all the rain and leaching.

In the US, for my customers with larger scale landscape, veggie gardens, home orchards and cannabis grows, I would use a 2% solution (2 gals in a 100 gal spray tank, along with 1 gal of a liquid kelp product).  After planting biointensive vegetable beds with soil-test based Rx amendments and copius compost inputs (which got the season off to a good start) I would do once a month soil drench applications with the fish fertilizer tank mix through the season. The results are very amazing, healthy plants, pest resisitance, and tasty, 

Only problems, you cannot hate the smell of fish, because it's strong, and it will stay with you for a couple of days.  And dogs may dig up your garden; they are sure there is a stinky fish in there somewhere. 

This company also makes a potting soil and a dry organic fertilizer. No info available on ingredients. And grow-your-own stoners take note (excuse me, I mean those with specialized medicinal needs), they also sell a grow kit for about 1000 baht, with a planting bag, potting soil and fertilizer. 

Takumi Fish Fertilizer.jpg

What is Hydrolyzed Fish Fertilizer.docx Fish Flyer2.pdf

Edited by drtreelove