Australian Man Sentenced To Jail For Throwing His Thai Wife Out Window

sriracha john

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember Nick Leeson said some dirty words to a Singaporean girl in a bar and was send to a cell...don't remember for how long. He was then jailed for several years until he got cancer for unregulated forex trading and setting up a secret error account keeping the losses off the book.

He was jailed for several years for talking dirty in a bar.

Then he got cancer for unregulated forex trading.

Glad I don't live in Singapore.

Nick Leeson was jailed for fraud and forgery in connection with collapse of Barings bank. He served 6 and the half years and was released after being diagnosed for colon cancer. Prior to that he was fined for talking dirty and exposing himself when he dropped his pants in public

Can any man here put their hand on their heart and say

"I have not thought about throwing my Thai wife out of a window"

And that would be premeditation! This guy didn't mentally plan it out, it was a sudden flash of anger and being denied the viewing of the gozabas - and there was the window before him, 'right, out you go darlin' "

So thats why it isn't attempted murder.

I can definitely say I would never throw her out the window however I cannot promise I would not request to see her cousins breasts if they were begging to be viewed in full unrestrained splendor.

I seem to remember Nick Leeson said some dirty words to a Singaporean girl in a bar and was send to a cell...don't remember for how long. He was then jailed for several years until he got cancer for unregulated forex trading and setting up a secret error account keeping the losses off the book.

Nick Leeson was jailed for fraud and forgery in connection with collapse of Barings bank. He served 6 and the half years and was released after being diagnosed for colon cancer. Prior to that he was fined for talking dirty and exposing himself when he dropped his pants in public

Leeson survived the cancer and is now managing an Irish football club which presumably is an expression of their gratitude for bringing down the Queen's bank

Edited by FairwayJack

Can any man here put their hand on their heart and say

"I have not thought about throwing my Thai wife out of a window"

And that would be premeditation! This guy didn't mentally plan it out, it was a sudden flash of anger and being denied the viewing of the gozabas - and there was the window before him, 'right, out you go darlin' "

So thats why it isn't attempted murder.

Actually, he was denied viewing the breasts, and "Later, while his wife was sleeping, Porteous entered the bedroom, picked her up and threw her out of the window." Hence, based upon the delay in time (if the reason behind throwing his wife out the window was the denial of seeing the breasts) this could not be attempted manslaughter, which is 'heat of passion' killing. Therefore, the reasoning in support of it being heat of passion must have been attributed to his being intoxicated. The intoxication arguably removed his ability to premeditate. It's BS, but that is probably why the charge was attempted manslaughter, and not attempted murder.

I thought his request was reasonable.....women :o ....to think if she had only shown the breasts, none of this would of happened.....wasnt like he asked to grope or lick them either :D .

On a serious note.......he should of got alot more than 25 months. I thought Singapore also did lashes of the whip, surprising he didnt get a thousand lashes just to spice things up a little bit :D

punishment to fit the crime..............drink 10 cartons of xxxx in 4 hours :D and then leap out of window.

If the cousin wasn't paying rent, it seems that a peek at the peaks would be fair.

Anyway we should feel sorry for this who 'family'. They couldn't even afford a place with a balcony to 'fall' from.

I guess if she can forgive him, no need for further antagonism from TV members!

If the cousin wasn't paying rent, it seems that a peek at the peaks would be fair.

Anyway we should feel sorry for this who 'family'. They couldn't even afford a place with a balcony to 'fall' from.

I guess if she can forgive him, no need for further antagonism from TV members!

you'd forgive someone who tried to kill you by throwing you out of a 4th floor window,very christian of you.the guy should have got a stiffer sentence.the guy sounds to me more like a moron.

I had a Thai g.f. who left an alcoholic Brit to be with me. Glad she did, not just for me, but for her well-being also.

It's been said earlier in this thread, but I'll say it again; alcoholism is no excuse for acting like a total screw-up.

It's also not a disease, but that's a different, and more contentious assertion - especially among alchies reading this post. TB and Malaria and pneumonia and SARS are diseases, as they can be transmitted from one organism to another. Alcoholism is predicated on a person picking up a cup or a bottle of yeast poop and pouring it down their gullet. As far as I know, there are not being force fed. It's an addiction, sure, but not a disease in the strict sense of the word. Calling it a disease is a cop-out used for excuses, and designed to gain sympathy from others - for the harm alchies cause. Alchies also drive up insurance rates for all of us, and..... .....oh don't get me started. The list of harmful effects alcoholics cause is a long one.

Why not just drink vinegar or formaldehyde, guys? It's just one and two steps (respectively) further along the putrification scale - and may pickle your liver better than alcohol.

I had a Thai g.f. who left an alcoholic Brit to be with me. Glad she did, not just for me, but for her well-being also.

It's been said earlier in this thread, but I'll say it again; alcoholism is no excuse for acting like a total screw-up.

It's also not a disease, but that's a different, and more contentious assertion - especially among alchies reading this post. TB and Malaria and pneumonia and SARS are diseases, as they can be transmitted from one organism to another. Alcoholism is predicated on a person picking up a cup or a bottle of yeast poop and pouring it down their gullet. As far as I know, there are not being force fed. It's an addiction, sure, but not a disease in the strict sense of the word. Calling it a disease is a cop-out used for excuses, and designed to gain sympathy from others - for the harm alchies cause. Alchies also drive up insurance rates for all of us, and..... .....oh don't get me started. The list of harmful effects alcoholics cause is a long one.

Why not just drink vinegar or formaldehyde, guys? It's just one and two steps (respectively) further along the putrification scale - and may pickle your liver better than alcohol.

Really off topic - but I agree with you regarding alcoholism not being a disease. However (and I don't drink alcohol) I'll defend a person's right to drink responsibly - ie - not putting other people's lives at risk. We have way too many government imposed restrictions placed upon our freedom.

Leeson survived the cancer and is now managing an Irish football club which presumably is an expression of their gratitude for bringing down the Queen's bank

Leeson joined Galway United as Commercial Manager and was appointed General Manager six months later in 2007.

I agree. Intoxication etymologically means literally putting something toxic into your body. It doesn't bite you. It doesn't drift on the wind and it doesn't evolve from within. You pick it up and put it in yourself.

Makes a change. In Thailand it's usually the other way around. Thai woman and Thai boyfriend throw farang out of window!

...and the police suspecting suicide, even though hands bound behind back and plastic bag over head. :D:o:D

May she R.I.P.

Edited by 7

Any picture of the tosser?

One of the few times that this word has been used correctly on this forum. :o

Wot still no pics of the Tossee who the tosser gave an impromptu sky diving lesson to as the Tossee's coz wouldn't show her twin peaks also not featured :-(

Any picture of the tosser?

Or more importantly. Any picture of the cousin's breasts?

These are the breasts that launched a wife from a window. They must remarkable breasts. Quite large and luscious probably.

:o

Such a spoilt sport, how could she have turned down a decent threesome like that!

What an idiot, throwing someone out of a window.. then later refusing help and flying the scene. The fact that he only gets 25 months is a joke.

They said they gave him a psychiatric assessment and thus as a result of that the charges were lessened. Or do you think that such a thing should have no bearing?

25 months in prison is a long time, she didn't dye and he obviously was in a bad way mentally... I mean he threw his wife off the balcony.

How incompetant is he?Can't even throw his wife out of a window>He needs lessons from Thai women and their boyfriends.But he is smarter than most-he only got 25 months!

So that makes the count from window diving-Westerners 500,Thai women 1!

I agree. Intoxication etymologically means literally putting something toxic into your body. It doesn't bite you. It doesn't drift on the wind and it doesn't evolve from within. You pick it up and put it in yourself.

Not quite. There's a condition (can't think of the name at this very moment) where people have an excess amount of certain bacteria that convert sugar into alcohol in their guts. We all have those little bu99ers inside of us, but people with this condition can get completely rat-ar5ed from eating a few spoons of sugar. I guess a very cheap and quick way to reach "bliss", but then again, it takes away all the fun of downing a few with the lads.

NP_NEWS_1_CURRENT_SYTHROW.jpg

SHOCKED: Mrs Porteous was asleep when her husband scooped her up from bed and threw her out the window.

Wife visits him in prison daily for 9 months

Man who flung wife out of window jailed 25 months, but she says he's not to blame

SHE was asleep when she felt her husband scoop her up from the bed and carry her to their bedroom window.

The next thing she knew, she was flung out and clinging to the window sill for dear life. Recalling her ordeal, Mrs Pimchanok Porteous, 33, said: 'One thought went through my mind: Am I going to die?' Less than 10 seconds later, she lost her grip.

She closed her eyes and plunged four floors to the ground, landing legs first in a drain.

Miraculously, she escaped with fractures to her pelvis, jaw, and left heel.

The Thai national, now a Singapore permanent resident, was hospitalised for 22 days. Doctors told her that if she had landed on her back, she could have injured her spine and become paralysed.

Despite what her husband, Jason John Porteous, 36, did to her, Mrs Porteous is standing by him.

She told The New Paper: 'I'm very lucky to have survived. I knew in my heart that Jason never meant to hurt me. He was drunk at that time and didn't know what he was doing. He's a loving husband, not a violent person.'

Porteous, a project manager with a multi-national chemical company, was jailed 25 months on Monday.

The Australian, who is also a Singapore PR, pleaded guilty to one charge of attempted manslaughter.

Mrs Porteous, who runs a food stall in Queenstown, was in court to support him. The couple, married for nine years, don't have children. They talked briefly after he was sentenced. Said Mrs Porteous: 'He thanked me for everything that I had done for him.'

Recalling their first meeting in Queenstown Remand Prison (QRP) after she was discharged from hospital, Mrs Porteous said there was no forgiveness to speak of as she had never blamed him.

'He cried as he told me, 'I don't expect you to forgive me. It's a heinous thing I did',' she said. 'I told him that I was fine and not to blame himself.'

The Community Court heard that on 17 May last year, Mrs Porteous returned to their apartment at Chuan Park condominium at about 11pm. She was with her cousin, who was here on a visit and staying with the couple.

Porteous was at home watching television, and drinking whisky and beer.

When the women joined him in the living room, Porteous, who was drunk, suddenly asked her cousin to show him her breasts. She refused and Mrs Porteous chided him. Both women then went to their respective bedrooms to sleep.

At about 2.15am, Porteous entered the master bedroom and scooped his wife from the bed.

She woke up, but before she could react, he hurled her out of the window.

Her cousin, who was awoken by the noise, walked out of her room and saw the couple's bedroom door open. There was no one inside but she heard someone groaning for help.

She then saw Porteous carrying a black bag. He said he did not know where his wife was.

The cousin went downstairs and saw Mrs Porteous lying on her left side on a drain, bleeding from her head, mouth, and ears.

She alerted the condo's security guard, who called for an ambulance. When she went back to the apartment to get Mrs Porteous's identity card and wallet, she saw Porteous in the study room changing into his jeans. His Australian passport was on the dining table.

Porteous asked the cousin if his wife were still alive but refused to follow them to Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

The court heard that Porteous hailed a taxi and went to Changi Airport, but later returned to their apartment. He was later arrested. Porteous's lawyer, Mr SS Dhillon, said in his mitigation that Porteous had quarrelled with his wife that night because he did not want her cousin to continue staying with them. He said Porteous had asked to see her cousin's breast so that she would be uncomfortable and leave.

A four-page letter, written by Mrs Porteous, was tendered to the court. In it, she professed her love for her husband, saying: 'The last 10 years that I spent with him was the happiest time in my life. I cannot live with another man and I will do anything to get him back and start our life together.'

An Institute of Mental Health psychiatric report showed Porteous suffered from major depressive disorder and chronic alcoholism at that time. He became depressed after learning that his mother had pancreatic gall bladder cancer in December 2007. Mrs Porteous said her husband was also stressed at work.

Apart from the fractures, she suffered chest injuries and lost a few teeth. She described her injuries as 'minor' and said she can even run now.

After she came out of hospital, she visited her husband in prison every day. 'Rain or shine, I would be there promptly at 8.30am to queue up just to see him for 20minutes,' she said. 'I can't spend a day without seeing him. He said sorry to me every time we met.' She visited him from 13 Jun last year till 23 Mar from Monday to Friday. Mrs Porteous became such a familiar face at QRP that the guards and staff knew her by her name. She also writes letters to her husband regularly.

The couple met in Bangkok in 1999 through a mutual friend, when Porteous was working there. It was love at first sight for him but not for her. 'He didn't impress me much then and was just a plump Caucasian to me,' she recalled. But he won her heart with his thoughtfulness.

'He's not good with words so he would surprise me with gifts and make cards for me every now and then,' said Mrs Porteous.

To overcome their language barrier, Porteous paid for her to have English lessons. They married in Thailand in 2001 and later moved to Singapore. 'He encouraged me to take the O-level examinations so that I can find a job here,' she said. 'He put my younger sister through university and gave my father money to expand his farm.' Porteous also paid the medical bills when her father had a kidney ailment.

She added: 'Whenever something happened in my family, he would help me take care of it. I owe him a lot.' Still, her decision to stand by her husband was seen as foolish by many of her friends. Some even distanced themselves from her.

'My friends said that he was not worthy of forgiveness. They even scolded me for being so steadfast (in love),' she said.

'My injuries will heal and the scars I have will disappear, but my love for him will always stay.'

What if she had been paralysed?

'I still wouldn't blame him,' she said.

For attempted manslaughter, Porteous could have been jailed 15 years and caned.

- The New Paper (Singapore) / 2009-03-26

Edited by sriracha john