Bangkok St. Andrew's Society

Rinrada

Bangkok St. Andrew's Society

The Bangkok St. Andrews Society started off in Bangkok in 1890 and membership is now available to anyone interested in all/everything Scottish. :o

I have just had a long chat (by email) with our Chieftain Ken G.and he has been telling me about some of the new and inovative ideas,features and programmes for the year ahead.

Should anyone be interested in getting invoved (I would certainly encourage membership but I live in the Smoke) I have attached some details and information that you may find usuful.

Burns Night is coming soon and as said before I am "thaied up" over "ear" but am looking forward to one day celebrating it in LOS.

So....

The Bangkok St. Andrew's Society was established in 1890 by a small group of expatriate Scots stationed in what was then Siam and is the oldest of the 4 "loyal" societies (St. Patrick's, St. David's and St. George's) in Thailand.

Over the years it has gone through many developments but remains true to its original roots as a Society for Scots and those of Scots descent to meet and celebrate the Scottish culture.

The Society's year revolves around three major social events:-

The Burns Supper in late January, the Mid-Year Gathering ceilidh in late September and culminating in the St. Andrew's Ball in late November or early December on a weekend near St. Andrew's day.

In between these dates, many activities are organised and Scottish dancing is held regularly at the "Reel Club" on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month.

the name of the game dont forget is.. Sanuk,Sanuk and Slange. :D

http://www.bangkokscot.com/

• 5 months later...

some recent news from the Bangkok St Andrews Society.. :D

ay ways summit tae dae ben Bangers :o

Bangkok St. Andrew's Society News

Message from This year's Chieftain Alan McAllister

The 2005 St Andrew's Ball will be held on 26th November 2005 1830H at The Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel

Details of other events will be announced shortly.

Read the latest Newsletter, The Lion Rampant :D