Immigration Staff

earlofwindermere

Last Friday, I had the pleasure of extending my visa for another year. I noticed a few things that have changed and am wondering if others have had the same experiences....

1. The staff seem a lot more pleasant and willing to help.

2. They now seem to require a "thai helper" even if you speak Thai and know the process.

3. When it's time to go "behind the counter," the Thai helper goes first (without the foreigner). During this time, the Immigration staff put a hard sell on the person to buy skin cream for a good 30 minutes.

Anyone else have this experience?

Is the skin cream sales pitch a new way to get money from foreigners instead of outright bribes? Thoughts?

Last Friday, I had the pleasure of extending my visa for another year. I noticed a few things that have changed and am wondering if others have had the same experiences....

2. They now seem to require a "thai helper" even if you speak Thai and know the process.

3. When it's time to go "behind the counter," the Thai helper goes first (without the foreigner). During this time, the Immigration staff put a hard sell on the person to buy skin cream for a good 30 minutes.

Is the skin cream sales pitch a new way to get money from foreigners instead of outright bribes? Thoughts?

i have no idea maybe its an on pack promotional offer, buy the skin cream get the visa......

The hard sell was aimed at the Thai helper, not myself. As mentioned in the first post, they asked for only the Thai person to go behind the counter and told us (the farangs) to wait outside. It's the first time that this has happened to us. Usually, the farang go behind the counter at the same time. My Thai staff refused to buy which is probably why we had to wait the extra 30-45 minutes.

Oh bother. Just when I thought the CM Imm office had attained near nirvana status, now this.

I had no issues whatsoever when I renewed last Sept. In and out in about 1 1/2 hour, with the separate multi-entry permit application.

I was not offered a "helper", and can't see how this would be of any help, as renewing a retirement extension is stupid simple.

Members, let us know what you find out....

jingthing.

re ...bring in the bottle of Johnny Walker Black and everything goes down easy.

ive been there and done that in poipet about 6 years ago ... and it works .... oil the wheels ( someones throat )

and its amazing how problems .... dissapear

happy to be here even if it " costs me " .... dave2

I just received my 1 yr "long term visa" last week and I have 3 things to say about the immigration staff - polite - helpful - efficient!!! No thai helper and did not see anyone trying to sell anything. I could not have asked for a better experience......

I just received my 1 yr "long term visa" last week and I have 3 things to say about the immigration staff - polite - helpful - efficient!!! No thai helper and did not see anyone trying to sell anything. I could not have asked for a better experience......

wow, I hope you went directly to a lottery seller and brought a ticket, lucky day :o

I believe it's only the guys in the back room? they tried to sell me an air purifier too! had to get my new visa 'approved' by the guy and he started selling me health products and an air purifier... bizarre