My First Incounter With Thai Insurance Company

colino

Ok today me and my family plus a friend who has just arrived in Thailand (1st timer)drove to show him around Future Park Rangsit,

I parked up on the 1st floor , where i had to leave the hand brake off.

Off we went had a late lunch then returned to find 5 guards, standing round my pickup , turns out that a woman had slammed into my pickup (rear) and pushed mine into another car she also whacked the car parked next to her ,

Her insurance guy was already on the scene taking photos of my damage the rear is pushed right in and the front has caved in as well, (nobody was injured thank god), any way he told me that they will pay for all the repairs and a loan car while mine is being fixed.

And it turns out that she had been driving an automatic and chose the wrong gear she went forward while looking back to reverse ,

So tomorrow i'm off to see my insurance company and get booked in for repair.

What a different experiance back in the Uk there would have been mayhem, but here it was easy friendly and no problem.

But we will wait and see

I'll post an update if anyone is interested .

Colino

A few months ago I had someone in front of me reverse into me. It was a friend's car but she wasn't driving. The amount of damage to the car was unbelievable. The damage to mu Isuzu was minimal. Anyway, the insurance comapny sorted it all out, mine had a new panel at the front, respray, looked like new again. No hassle, no trying to blame me. All sorted within a few days.

For what reason are you to see YOUR insurance company?

Let hers pay it.

Just too make sure i dont get charged for anything andfor them to book the car in.

colino

Today my insurance was ok about it they called hers and told them where the repairs will be done .

I think now the Insurance guys who come out and access the accident,are now under the influence of the company. If they can get an '''away'' result,wether it be Falang or Thai,who is at fault.good for them.

About time these Insurance companys started getting tough with those ''No Insurance,No Tax,No Licence dogers. :o

Would be very nice if you get a loan car but to my knowledge thai insurance company's don't provide that service.

Had several accidents in the past where I was in the right but never got one.Also take a close look at the repair job because insurance is dead cheap here reason why they always try to fix parts instead of replacing them.

I have had three dealings with thai car insurance agents. First accident was my fault. They took care of everything, never heard anything more from anyone after the accident. I think my insurance went up 300 Baht the next year. Next was some idiot who pulled a road rage and cut me off while slamming the brakes. Both agents realized his story was BS, the cops didn't side with him, and when all the discussion was over he had to use his insurance to take care of the damage to his car. No damage to my truck so that was fine by me. Most recently, I foolishly backed out of my driveway and into the car parked across the soi. Agents came out, took photos, end of story. It is a brilliant system as far as I am concerned.

I think the only way to make sure everyone on the road is insured so we all are covered is pay at the pump type of insurance. The more you drive the more you pay as its included in the price of the fuel. We tried to get this passed in the USA but the insurance lobby was just too strong. Its an idea whose time has come.

I think now the Insurance guys who come out and access the accident,are now under the influence of the company. If they can get an '''away'' result,wether it be Falang or Thai,who is at fault.good for them.

About time these Insurance companys started getting tough with those ''No Insurance,No Tax,No Licence dogers. :o

And I cannot get the insurance company of a Toyota driver to replace me darn bumper after 9 weeks or so!!! Yet the insurance man said 'No problem!!'.

Wait and see if you get the repair.

And I cannot get the insurance company of a Toyota driver to replace me darn bumper after 9 weeks or so!!! Yet the insurance man said 'No problem!!'.

Well today my insurance guy came out took photos and filled in his forms ,then told me No loan car even though her insurance are paying, then said that they would book the car in but after songkran as they are very busy, My reply was that thier will be even long wait after Songkran if its like past years :o

But i was assured that mine was first on the list and will take a week . :D

by the way my car is a year old nissan pick up she hit me under the tail gate and ripped the panel to bits and my front bumper is wrecked as well from the lower spot lights right upto my head lights.

colino

Ps update to follow mid April :D:D:D

Well today my insurance guy came out took photos and filled in his forms ,then told me No loan car even though her insurance are paying, then said that they would book the car in but after songkran as they are very busy, My reply was that thier will be even long wait after Songkran if its like past years :o

by the way my car is a year old nissan pick up she hit me under the tail gate and ripped the panel to bits and my front bumper is wrecked as well from the lower spot lights right upto my head lights.

colino

Bumpers? Get this kind, ran me baht 250 for the rear and baht 350 for the front, which required a special metal bracket from the local ironmonger in the mooban. Get a ding, sand it out and revarnish.

Mac

post-32650-1238112682_thumb.jpg

Why are you letting your ins company decide where you get the truck fixed?

Contact the other persons ins company and tell them where you are having the repairs done. They'll want it done at 'their' place, but that will be because they have a deal there and will often use inferior or second hand parts.

Make sure that they use original brand parts, not cheap generic parts that might or might not be as good.

colino

Bumpers? Get this kind, ran me baht 250 for the rear and baht 350 for the front, which required a special metal bracket from the local ironmonger in the mooban. Get a ding, sand it out and revarnish.

Mac

Well, the insurance company say it is too expensive for the Toyota drivers insurance to replace the bumper with a new one costing 10,000 Baht.

All is not lost, however, as the insurance company want to talk on Monday to give me money instead.

Local guy can rebuild the bumper for 2,500 Baht - I discover yesterday. So he is getting the job early next week, insurance or not.

I just wish I had known about this guy earlier.

Why are you letting your ins company decide where you get the truck fixed?

Contact the other persons ins company and tell them where you are having the repairs done. They'll want it done at 'their' place, but that will be because they have a deal there and will often use inferior or second hand parts.

Make sure that they use original brand parts, not cheap generic parts that might or might not be as good.

In Thailand your insurance Co. decides where your car will be repaired not the company from the other party.If you have for example insurance company AIG or New Hampton you will only be allowed to have your car repaired at car body shops which they have a contract with,and believe me they have a contract with them because they work for nickles and dimes.So you know already what you can expect from your repair job.

Mac

Yeah I want one like that for sure on a 1 year old car.Reminds of the Flinstones.

If you need a new bumper, you can force them to pay for one - I did. As for a loan car, then you'd have to hire one and sue the other party. As for their insurance not wanting to fork out then so be it but the underlying part of the contract is to put you back where you were, not with some botched bumper. Same as a loss of your motor.

My question is: Why would one not inform their own insurance company? They are professionals and your paying for their help.

If the accident is not your fault then never ever inform your insurance company, they will increase your premium even if the other insurance company pays for everything, and the reason they will increase the premium? because you have been involved in a accident even though it wasn't your fault.