Honda Crv Prestige

edh

Got a CRV Prestige and was not aware of that the navigator did not support streets etc in English language.

Yes, you can switch language settings to English but the streets are still written in Thai.

I talked to my Honda dealer and they said that they would ask the factory for the english "card".

Not sure they will manage this as it seemed too complicated (had to give them passport copies etc.???).

Any one know if it is possible to arrange by my self?

Thanks

Got a CRV Prestige and was not aware of that the navigator did not support streets etc in English language.

Yes, you can switch language settings to English but the streets are still written in Thai.

I talked to my Honda dealer and they said that they would ask the factory for the english "card".

Not sure they will manage this as it seemed too complicated (had to give them passport copies etc.???).

Thanks

Personally think the dealer is blowing smoke up your a*se....why would he need a copy of your passport.. :o

My GPS has both languages and dont hold out too much hope if you do get an English version as the spellings of the name places vary, Eg Pattaya vs Phattaya...so you have to know how the somebody has spelled the name of place in English...

Yes I thought it was a bit strange too, but anyway. They do love paperwork in this country.

My GPS have both languages too but streets etc. are in Thai.

Spelling is not important, as you may browse through different options if you just enter the first and maybe second letter.

I know the Honda Accord has a complete English setting from the factory and I thought it was strange that the CRV did not.

Edh

Thanks

Personally think the dealer is blowing smoke up your a*se....why would he need a copy of your passport.. :o

My GPS has both languages and dont hold out too much hope if you do get an English version as the spellings of the name places vary, Eg Pattaya vs Phattaya...so you have to know how the somebody has spelled the name of place in English...

• 4 months later...

Forgot to update this...

The Honda dealer managed to get me an english version of the GPS two months ago.

Now all streets are written in English as well..

As for the spelling - yes it is a bit different but you will manage to find the location by just enter the first and second letter of location you are looking for.

Edh