How Many People Can Live In A Studio?

Hi everyone!

My sisters and I are planning on visiting Thailand for about 3 months(mid may - mid august)

and we're on a pretty tight budget (about 6,000 in total, is that enough???). I was wondering if the three of us could sleep in a studio together(for about 3,000 baht/month)???? The space doesn't really matter we just need a place to sleep.. haha.

Ok more questions. :D

So we were thinking of staying in bangkok, phuket, chiang mai, and go to laos too.

are there a lot apartments for 3,000 baht/month that we can find easily?

and are there any other places that you guys recommend? and any tips?

Thanks!

:o

I don't you will find a studio in a condo for 3,000 baht a month, but you could most likely find a one room apartment in any of the housing complexes where the Thais are living. These type of smaller apartments usually consist of a small room with a bath, no kitchen or no a/c and with a padlock for the door.

I know, that's ok. we're not looking for a vacation or anything. we just want to live there for a while. :o

So can all three of us sleep in the same studio? because in the US I don't think they allow that.

thanks for replying.

So we were thinking of staying in bangkok, phuket, chiang mai, and go to laos too.

it would be impossible to find an appartment in phuket for 3k, in other towns yes, but with difficulties. Be ready to pay 3-6k deposit.

you won't be able to survive on the remaining 3k/month for the both of you, it's not enough for food even for one of you.

definitely safe more money and than travel, finding a legal work might be an option

It can be done in BKK. The Grotty Arms apartments are widespread.

But don't expect to be in a nice or convenient area.

Three falang girls after dark in some locales can attract the wrong kind of attention.

Work a bit longer and save more money.

Thanks Boater and all of you guys for your advice! :o

Oh yeah, we're not farangs :D...... we were born there so we're basically thai haha :D

we're planning on visiting our grandmother in laos actually.

so (averagely) how much do people that actually live there pay for their rent?

surely not like 300,000 baht right? :D

ok thanks you guys

:D

no, you can find a basic appartment for 3k/month. The problem is with your other expenses, on food at least 100 baht/day/person - and you will have to prepare/cook it by yourself. Plus home bills (electricity for air conditioning, at this time of year, might be several thousand baht; gas, phonecalls, internet), transport, sighseeing. Make more money before coming or stay shorter, maybe only with your grannny (sure she will be pleased with you)

Thanks Boater and all of you guys for your advice! :o

Oh yeah, we're not farangs :D ...... we were born there so we're basically thai haha :D

we're planning on visiting our grandmother in laos actually.

so (averagely) how much do people that actually live there pay for their rent?

surely not like 300,000 baht right? :D

ok thanks you guys

If you were born here,seriously you guys would know.

Seems the family won't tell you?

You will need a lot more than 3,000 per month just for food and transport alone.

That is 100 baht a day...good luck

Richie

We probably won't need much air conditioning, hopefully we'll be out and about most of the time enjoying thailand. :o

Won't need internet or phone calls regularly or at all, we're trying to get away from all that so..... i hope we don't NEED it at all haha. we're not avid talkers or surfers anyways. :jerk: Transportation, we're planning on taking the bus, cheap right? haha hopefully. Sightseeing all we need is our eyes ( and the bus to take us there :D)

Hopefully we'll get by. :D If we do run out of cash there's always our parents :P jk :D our goal is to survive on that much. :D

BTW thanks londothai for caring so much about our well being :wai:

We were born there ( in a refugee camp, that's why we're not citizens :o )but we didn't live there for a long time. we moved to the US soon after, that's why we can't speak Thai. Oh and the refugee camp wasn't in Bangkok :D, it's was in Phayao, near chiang mai. We were thinking of visiting there, but the refugee camp is long gone by now. And our family lives in Laos.

if you have american passport you would need $40 visa to laos. If you are going to stay some 3 months you will have to sort out your emmigration issues in thailand as well.

good luck with your 33 baht/day